Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Any change to the constitution requires a referendum, so they don't have a choice really. The no vote seems to be on the up, and I can understand why.  The case is not being very well made why this is the route that is required vs myriad other options available to them. 

Fair enough, that makes sense then. I mean Aussie politics is usually so very rational and normal right? I hope the British Labour Party is taking notes from the mistakes the Aussie one is making in power. 

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Fair enough, that makes sense then. I mean Aussie politics is usually so very rational and normal right? I hope the British Labour Party is taking notes from the mistakes the Aussie one is making in power. 

To be fair they are going to give me a $9k tax cut next year,  so they are not doing everything wrong. :)

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

INJECT IT

Charnwood is being broken up; my constituency is turning into 'Melton and Syston' which is projected to look like this:

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

Which is amazing enough, because I've always lived in a Tory *megastronghold* constituency. If it's going to be this close I will be launching an anti-Tory campaign with banners, posters and leaflets ****ing everywhere. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

INJECT IT

Charnwood is being broken up; my constituency is turning into 'Melton and Syston' which is projected to look like this:

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

Which is amazing enough, because I've always lived in a Tory *megastronghold* constituency. If it's going to be this close I will be launching an anti-Tory campaign with banners, posters and leaflets ****ing everywhere. 

Where does Rutland go?

EDIT - think it goes with Stamford.

Edited by Tuna

53 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

INJECT IT

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

How far does the new Melton and Syston seat go towards Leicester? Does it include Thurmaston?

43 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Where does Rutland go?

EDIT - think it goes with Stamford.

Becomes Rutland and Stamford again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutland_and_Stamford_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

30 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

How far does the new Melton and Syston seat go towards Leicester? Does it include Thurmaston?

Yes - Thurmaston, Syston, Sileby, Gaddesby, Croxton, Twyford etc. Basically all the way from Thurmaston up to the villages on the outskirts of Grantham.

There's a map at Electoral Calculus which interestingly projects a big Labour victory:

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Melton and Syston

Basically means new boundaries will be difficult to predict but if it's shifting in the right direction that's a great sign

52 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yes - Thurmaston, Syston, Sileby, Gaddesby, Croxton, Twyford etc. Basically all the way from Thurmaston up to the villages on the outskirts of Grantham.

There's a map at Electoral Calculus which interestingly projects a big Labour victory:

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Melton and Syston

Basically means new boundaries will be difficult to predict but if it's shifting in the right direction that's a great sign

That area being a Labour constituency would be hilarious. Imagine the hooray Henry’s of Melton. That projection you put is generally on the conservative side of things too, a more realistic scenario is the tories being at 25%.

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

INJECT IT

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

Good to see the nascent Anarchist insurgency in Lancashire. :ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That area being a Labour constituency would be hilarious. Imagine the hooray Henry’s of Melton. That projection you put is generally on the conservative side of things too, a more realistic scenario is the tories being at 25%.

Grantham and Stamford is split, Grantham could well go red, Stamford and Rutland would absolutely stay blue.

Grantham said to be quite left leaning but the countryside bits (deepings, Stamford, Bourne) tend to vote Conservative.

Grantham only had one labour MP and that was when Quentin Davies crossed the floor in 2008 (?).

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not Australian but having only just read about it, this seems like a terrible subject to do a referendum on. People are just going to end up being weaponised, victimised, abused etc. awful. If a politician in the party in power believes this is the right thing to do then they should just roll with it sans referendum. 

It’s much too easy for the naysayers I’m afraid. I’ll be very surprised if it passes. The request for a Voice to be enshrined in the constitution came from the indigenous community I believe, and that requires a referendum.

Can’t believe that a section of “progressives” is campaigning for No. Their argument is that it doesn’t go far enough. Do they really think that a No win will lead to a treaty or something? If this fails it won’t be brought back for perhaps 2 generations I’d expect, truly perfection being the enemy of the good. Worse still, Dutton and the Liberals will be emboldened to continue with their divide and rule tactics, trying to push Australia towards a sort of Trumpism-lite.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

And it all seems rather more calmer and adult than the previous government incarnation?

Massive upgrade on the previous bunch of corrupt cvnts. Doesn’t mean that this lot even approach perfection though.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66604827

Evidence that dozens of women were groomed into online sex work by members of influencer Andrew Tate's "War Room" group has been uncovered by the BBC.

Leaked internal chat logs identify 45 potential victims between March 2019 and April 2020 but the total number is likely to be higher.

The texts also appear to show the techniques used by War Room members to exploit possible victims.

This just keeps getting worse the more details come out.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Evidence that dozens of women were groomed into online sex work by members of influencer Andrew Tate's "War Room" group has been uncovered by the BBC.

Leaked internal chat logs identify 45 potential victims between March 2019 and April 2020 but the total number is likely to be higher.

The texts also appear to show the techniques used by War Room members to exploit possible victims.

But Greta, my fast cars have a higher than average carbon footprint!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Vile piece of 5h1t. I hope Romania has an unimproved hell-hole of a jail which is a relic from the Soviet era to put him in.

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Don’t know how accurate that site is, and I’m going to ignore anyone who says it isn’t, because it has it down as an 80% chance of this outcome. I’ll explode with joy if we get shot of our grubby Kipper-con. 

IMG_3458.jpeg

On 26/08/2023 at 05:09, Phenom said:

I hope Trump is not tried before the 2024 election. He’s not electable and Joe Biden will wipe the floor with him. Biden will have more trouble with other Republicans

There is no underestimating the lack of intelligence of some of Trump's supporters. These are the people Jeremy Clarkson was thinking of when he said 'everybody's very fat, everybody's very stupid and everybody's very rude...' I can't remember the one where he talked about vegetables. This is my recent take on Trump in jail getting his prison haircut. Trump is cartoon gold and I have done much more unprintable than this. 

Donald Dump redux.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

INJECT IT

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

I'm glad i'm going to be in a constituency with at least a chance of bombing these inept fools out. Charnwood was always one that I felt would be blue even in the face of Armageddon. 

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Disgusting. And it's lapped up by millions, sadly.

Guest Sideshow Faes
8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

INJECT IT

• CON38.1%-24.4%
  • LAB37.9%+15.4%
  • LDM6.5%-1.8%
  • GRN7.6%+2.1%
  • RFM9.0%+9.0%
  • OTH0.9%-0.2%

How bad does it have to get for the remaining Tory voters to not vote Tory? Absolutely bizarre how people attach themselves to parties like football club supporters. 

5 hours ago, Sideshow Faes said:

How bad does it have to get for the remaining Tory voters to not vote Tory? Absolutely bizarre how people attach themselves to parties like football club supporters. 

I think you need to realize there are millions of people who are completely unaffected by the cost of living crisis (or are happy to blame Putin for their energy costs) or anything else this Tory Government has done.  Millions more who are old enough to remember much worse standards or living in their youth, much higher interest rates etc.