Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

8 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

Vile piece of 5h1t. I hope Romania has an unimproved hell-hole of a jail which is a relic from the Soviet era to put him in.

It would be nice to get a conviction and a very long sentence in just such a jail, yes.

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/oops-they-did-it-again-war-thunder-player-posts-nato-restricted-military-manual-for-what-feels-like-the-hundredth-time/

God I love these middle aged blokes. Just leaking state secrets every couple of months to win an online argument 

20230514_205638-2.png

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Disgusting. And it's lapped up by millions, sadly.

Hopefully not for long.

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

17 years in prison for one of the US Capitol rioters, Joe Biggs.

Good to see. Here's hoping the ringleader who incited the whole thing finds himself there too soon.

17 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think you need to realize there are millions of people who are completely unaffected by the cost of living crisis (or are happy to blame Putin for their energy costs) or anything else this Tory Government has done.  Millions more who are old enough to remember much worse standards or living in their youth, much higher interest rates etc.  

Agreed. There's no shortage of the horribly self-interested and the masochistic.

On 30/08/2023 at 18:31, Daggers said:

Australians - what the fvck are the arguments for “No” other than “I’m a screaming racist so I’m voting No”?

Nothing...not a single thing.

The  Aussie Tories in Oz are in such a disastrous state (I honestly believe the party as it exists now, will never form gvt again) that they want ANY WIN... so they have joined with, enabled and promoted the racists in the hope of scoring a point.

TBF there are a number first nations people i respect who are saying no because they want a TREATY rather than just a voice, but of course treaty is MUCH MORE significant  (and scary to racists) than voice and so they are on the more extreme end.

Basically Sky News in Australia is as bad as Fox in USA and ANYONE putting their hatefilled scaremongering ahead of improved treatment for first nations people are simple scum.

It is RACISM... HATE... GREED and SCUMBAGGERY.

55 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Nothing...not a single thing.

The  Aussie Tories in Oz are in such a disastrous state (I honestly believe the party as it exists now, will never form gvt again) that they want ANY WIN... so they have joined with, enabled and promoted the racists in the hope of scoring a point.

TBF there are a number first nations people i respect who are saying no because they want a TREATY rather than just a voice, but of course treaty is MUCH MORE significant  (and scary to racists) than voice and so they are on the more extreme end.

Basically Sky News in Australia is as bad as Fox in USA and ANYONE putting their hatefilled scaremongering ahead of improved treatment for first nations people are simple scum.

It is RACISM... HATE... GREED and SCUMBAGGERY.

While I do agree there is some racism involved, I do have some sympathy for the view that this is not the right approach - especially as they have been pretty unclear how the voice will actually work.  The problem is the alternatives are possible even less likely than this to get support.  As you say there should be a treaty really.  

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

While I do agree there is some racism involved, I do have some sympathy for the view that this is not the right approach - especially as they have been pretty unclear how the voice will actually work.  The problem is the alternatives are possible even less likely than this to get support.  As you say there should be a treaty really.  

Actually ill revise my opinion there are 2 reasons why people will vote no....
1) They are Racist
2) They are Sky News/Murdoch sheep

Just now, ozleicester said:

Actually ill revise my opinion there are 2 reasons why people will vote no....
1) They are Racist
2) They are Sky News/Murdoch sheep

Yeah I'm not sure that quite covers the gamut of opinions.  You think the aboriginal folks who don't support it fit in those buckets?

Anyway, not point those of us who think it should be a yes arguing about it.

Guardian now reporting it could be up to 1000 schools plus a ****load of other public buidlings

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/sep/01/uk-schools-seek-alternative-spaces-amid-fears-concrete-crisis-could-affect-1000

The Cabinet Office revealed on Thursday night that 34 other public buildings had been found to feature RAAC, including 24 hospitals, seven court buildings and four Department for Work and Pensions facilities. It declined to name the affected sites.

Parks Primary, Mayflower Primary School and Willowbrook Mead Primary Academy were part of the 100 or so announced yesterday, christ knows how many it is now.

We're being run by genuine psychopaths.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Guardian now reporting it could be up to 1000 schools plus a ****load of other public buidlings

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2023/sep/01/uk-schools-seek-alternative-spaces-amid-fears-concrete-crisis-could-affect-1000

The Cabinet Office revealed on Thursday night that 34 other public buildings had been found to feature RAAC, including 24 hospitals, seven court buildings and four Department for Work and Pensions facilities. It declined to name the affected sites.

Parks Primary, Mayflower Primary School and Willowbrook Mead Primary Academy were part of the 100 or so announced yesterday, christ knows how many it is now.

We're being run by genuine psychopaths.

Needless to say the reporting of this story is full of holes and lacks facts.

I've been carrying out RAAC inspections on schools for the past 6 years. Furthermore the majority of RAAC roofs are safe and fit for use.

It's only where poor quality alterations or lack of maintenance to the roof coverings will cause failure to the panels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Harrowing reading about the inner details of the Bukhari case where they chased two lads and ended up killing them as their car smashed into a tree. 

Apparently, one of the defendants casually laughed with the other a couple of hours before the sentencing.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Harrowing reading about the inner details of the Bukhari case where they chased two lads and ended up killing them as their car smashed into a tree. 

Thankfully  for a change in this country the lying  cvnts got life sentences.

https://www.leics.police.uk/news/leicestershire/news/2023/august/four-found-guilty-of-cold-blooded-murder-of-two-men-after-car-was-rammed-off-road-in-high-speed-chase/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=Orlo

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah, the daughter. Sounded like the judge gave her a proper grilling and dressing down.

Yeah, unusually so.

Words to the effect of "you are dreadful narcissists who have immersed yourselves in a world of shit".

I could be a judge, we all like judging people

3 hours ago, kenny said:

Needless to say the reporting of this story is full of holes and lacks facts.

I've been carrying out RAAC inspections on schools for the past 6 years. Furthermore the majority of RAAC roofs are safe and fit for use.

It's only where poor quality alterations or lack of maintenance to the roof coverings will cause failure to the panels.

Media are reporting that RAAC has a lifespan of approx 30 years. Reading your post I suspect you’d disagree with that ?

Labour was going to rebuild all the schools on Britain then the Tories came into power and immediately cancelled that plan.

There was going to be 750 rebuilt and save about 150 refurbished.

Since 2010 government funding for state schools has dropped by over 50% while government funding for state schools has doubled.

The charitable status of private schools further further deprives the government of money while state schools miss out on the tax advantages of being a charity.

33 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Former Fulham owner (and Harrods ) owner Mohamed Al Fayed died aged 94.

Kind of started the era of what Fulham are now with his ownership in the late 90s when they were as we know it now a League one side.

https://news.sky.com/story/mohamed-al-fayed-former-harrods-and-fulham-fc-owner-has-died-at-the-age-of-94-12952608

Who?

Oh, the guy responsible for the 'Michael Jackson' statue at Craven Cottage.

Thanks for the memories, Mohamed

71072.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Labour was going to rebuild all the schools on Britain then the Tories came into power and immediately cancelled that plan.

Since 2010 government funding for state schools has dropped by over 50% while government funding for state schools has doubled.

The charitable status of private schools further further deprives the government of money while state schools miss out on the tax advantages of being a charity.

What would be the tax advantages of registering state schools as a charity? 

On 30/08/2023 at 20:31, Daggers said:

Australians - what the fvck are the arguments for “No” other than “I’m a screaming racist so I’m voting No”?

Not Australian but I’ve been here for nearly a year now,I don’t think it’s clear cut like that tbh, I’ve not deep dived into the issue but have spoke to some Aussies on it to understand it a bit more, but from what I’ve picked up there’s some concerns on the aboriginal side that it takes away their sovereignty, as they’d effectively be classified as British subjects I think. There is a sense as well that the government have been very vague and not really committed on what this will actually mean and how it will effect things going forward.

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Not Australian but I’ve been here for nearly a year now,I don’t think it’s clear cut like that tbh, I’ve not deep dived into the issue but have spoke to some Aussies on it to understand it a bit more, but from what I’ve picked up there’s some concerns on the aboriginal side that it takes away their sovereignty, as they’d effectively be classified as British subjects I think. There is a sense as well that the government have been very vague and not really committed on what this will actually mean and how it will effect things going forward.

That is not the case, the voice has no impact on sovereignty.  Why a voice to parliament won’t affect First Nations sovereignty as Lidia Thorpe fears | Indigenous voice to parliament | The Guardian

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The charitable status of private schools further deprives the government of money while state schools miss out on the tax advantages of being a charity.

What?  

You last point is nonsense.  Taking away charitable status of private schools would inevitably push many thousands more kids into the state schools costing them a fortune.  I am quite aware though the objective of those who promote this idea is to destroy the private school sector, so they don't care about that.

Also state schools don't pay any tax beyond employment related PAYE and NI, so that is also nonsense.