Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

55 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66779228

"The US House of Representatives will open an impeachment inquiry into President Biden, senior Republican Kevin McCarthy says".

Curious to know on what...

Having the temerity to win a free and fair election and not let the other side get away with cheating to win it, obviously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The above being said, I think Mccarthy is doing this to keep folks like Gaetz and Taylor Greene off his back and keep them on message for future House votes, rather than him wanting to.

(Perhaps Gaetz ought to focus a bit more on not becoming a convicted felon for trafficking in underage women, by the by.)

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

The above being said, I think Mccarthy is doing this to keep folks like Gaetz and Taylor Greene off his back and keep them on message for future House votes, rather than him wanting to.

(Perhaps Gaetz ought to focus a bit more on not becoming a convicted felon for trafficking in underage women, by the by.)

You’re kidding, right?

You honestly have no clue of the accusations, or do you turn a blind eye to wrongdoings of the left?

13 minutes ago, marbles said:

You’re kidding, right?

You honestly have no clue of the accusations, or do you turn a blind eye to wrongdoings of the left?

You know something, you're right, the justice department declined to charge him on that one so that's that, I guess. But the allegations still existed.

I do think the idea that McCarthy is doing this as a sop to the more right wing elements of his party has merit, though.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

You know something, you're right, the justice department declined to charge him on that one so that's that, I guess. But the allegations still existed.

I do think the idea that McCarthy is doing this as a sop to the more right wing elements of his party has merit, though.

Firstly, the DOJ?  Still kidding I see

In your second thought, I do agree and think this is where US politics is now headed.  Impeach and prosecute everyone from the opposing party.  One step closer to just jailing or assassinating those who oppose in order to stay in power.

Gotta love it when you become that which you report to hate.

Edited by marbles

4 minutes ago, marbles said:

Firstly, the DOJ?  Still kidding I see

In your second thought, I do agree and think this is where US politics is now headed.  Impeach and prosecute everyone from the opposing party.  One step closer to just jailing or assassinating those who oppose in order to stay in power.

Gotta love it when you become that which you report to hate.

Yep.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64644518

And yes, the polarisation is leading nowhere good. Particularly when certain issues will punish lack of unity most harshly.

16 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Gaetz hasn’t been convicted ( yet) has he ?

Makes you wonder what it was like to work with this guy; and shows there is a real problem. This Dr Peter Hilton wrote this letter to The Times to publish after reading an article about female surgeons being groped in the operating theatre. Which I think he'll regret.

Publicly suggesting women should expect sexually inappropriate comments and actions in their workplace is a sure fire way of getting people to dig into his past and find ex-colleagues. 

Edited by Guesty

18 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I don't think this particular storm was unprecedented, more that the collapse of the unmaintained dams was unprecedented.

Possibly so, however the fact remains that mass casualty events from flooding and wildfires appear to becoming more common and more severe, for a variety of reasons.

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Gaetz hasn’t been convicted ( yet) has he ?

Nope, and it looks like he won't either considering the DOJ decided not to charge him (having looked up recent developments).

Innocent until proven guilty of course, my own personal viewpoint on the guy being loathsome for many different reasons notwithstanding.

Didn't expect to log on to foxestalk to read about Matt "pays underage girls for sex" Gaetz ngl. 

Good friend of Lauren "my husband is a pedophile and I'm a grand mother at 35" Boebert. 

Both a little too obsessed with "grooming" tbqh 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

Makes you wonder what it was like to work with this guy; and shows there is a real problem. This Dr Peter Hilton wrote this letter to The Times to publish after reading an article about female surgeons being groped in the operating theatre. Which I think he'll regret.

Publicly suggesting women should expect sexually inappropriate comments and actions in their workplace is a sure fire way of getting people to dig into his past and find ex-colleagues. 

Surely this is a parody?  If not then Jesus

H. Christ.  

14 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Surely this is a parody?  If not then Jesus

H. Christ.  

I wondered that originally. People have already looked him up on the medical registrar. Someone with his name and the same job history exists. There's also a book from an anaesthetist with his name on sale on Amazon apparently. I imagine before The Times published the letter they would have double checked as well.

The guy clearly has main character energy and he's about to get it - he's been trending in the top 10 of twitter all morning. It's bordering on journalistic malpractice not to find him and (more importantly) his ex-colleagues.  How dense do you have to be the write that with your name, location and former job title.

His former employer must be readying themselves for sexual harassment claims from former colleagues and subordinates.

Edited by Guesty

25 minutes ago, Guesty said:

His former employer must be readying themselves for sexual harassment claims from former colleagues and subordinates.

Unlikely. If you look at his photo it just screams 1970’s paedo who touched up kiddies after he’d put them under.

4 hours ago, Guesty said:

.... the fresh misogynist gammon hell is this?

Edited by leicsmac

On 10/09/2023 at 07:00, Sideshow Faes said:

Highly likely so.

Nurses have a management structure of nurses. That structure goes all the way up to the top of the organisation. 

There's usually one manager that isn't clinical within a unit - a general manager - but they wouldn't be involved in assessing clinical concerns which is what we're talking about. I would be absolutely amazed if the managers involved weren't clinical (supported by HR to navigate any disciplinary policies etc as in any org). 

Your summary suggests doctors raised concerns, which would've been reviewed and possibly investigated by nursing clinical management, likely with the involvement of patient safety and safeguarding teams which are also made up of clinically trained staff (i.e nurses), who presumably decided there wasn't the evidence to take action. Nobody without a clinical background would make judgements on clinical practice. 

Speaking as someone working within the NHS you're right.

Don't know if you've even been to the area/hospital before, but I worked at Glenfield Hospital for around 6 months and communicated with various nursing staff - I asked a Matron how the nursing hierarchy works and she written it down to me in terms of all nursing roles possible on a certain ward.

There's quite a structure to Nursing, for sure..

Wonder how the Lucy Letby case will change nursing in the future, in terms of regularly checking up on nurses,

Edited by Wymsey