Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

14 hours ago, Guesty said:

Makes you wonder what it was like to work with this guy; and shows there is a real problem. This Dr Peter Hilton wrote this letter to The Times to publish after reading an article about female surgeons being groped in the operating theatre. Which I think he'll regret.

Publicly suggesting women should expect sexually inappropriate comments and actions in their workplace is a sure fire way of getting people to dig into his past and find ex-colleagues. 

My wife, a former NHS nurse of 12 odd years took approximately 10 seconds to name a consultant who thought it was appropriate to treat female staff like his handmaids.  Male senior doctors rule the roost and have for too long been able to get away with just about anything.  My first thought reading this story was that this is how you end up with very defensive senior nursing management, and the backing such as that which saw Lucy Letby getting apologies from the NHS trust and consultants.  

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Tbh, from first glance, thought this looked fake - as if it's a concreted fake body.

If that is concluded as real by expects, that's that a scary find..

It's shockingly faked!

There are no experts but just made up stories!

My word, I once trusted the news but the past few years they have done a terrible job at lying on so many subjects

To be a good liar you need a good memory too, but their memories are terrible and they just hope you forget or get distracted by football, a new iphone, anything really.

It's sad as I once naively thought we had a free and independent press where truth will prevail, not any more as they just push out any old nonsense and if the gullible don't fall for it then they pull a new article out all agreeing it was faked anyway!

If it looks like a dog turd it probably is!

Trouble is it goes much much deeper than just a few faked alien stories, but that is a different story

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

It's shockingly faked!

My word, I once trusted the news but the past few years they have done a terrible job at lying on so many subjects

To be a good liar you need a good memory too, but their memories are terrible and they just hope you forget or get distracted by football, a new iphone, anything really.

It's sad as I once naively thought we had a free and independent press where truth will prevail, not any more as they just push out any old nonsense and if the gullible don't fall for it then they pull a new article out all agreeing it was faked anyway!

Trouble is it goes much much deeper than just a few faked alien stories, but that is a different story

Click bait, it's everywhere.

One of my 'news' feeds proclaimed: MH370 FOUND. It was accompanied with a slightly out of focus, aerial photograph of an airliner in a field with dozens of people around it. I didn't even bother......

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FoxesFan#1 said:

It's shockingly faked!

Confirmation bias - whether truth or lies - sells. And that's the biggest problem.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Click bait, it's everywhere.

One of my 'news' feeds proclaimed: MH370 FOUND. It was accompanied with a slightly out of focus, aerial photograph of an airliner in a field with dozens of people around it. I didn't even bother......

They're always terrible out of focus shots too!

So we'll soon be presented with crystal clear cameras in stores (they're already in major ones yet to be used) that can ID you by your eyes/face structure etc and will be able to deduct money from your bank account with 100% accuracy but the press seem to have worse than polaroid cameras these days!  Hmmm... yeah of course those photos are genuine!

I can't say this for sure, but I'd imagine all of the so called trusted press take their information/articles from a central database and they just churn it with a slight left or slight right bias and then for those that disagree they give people a new net to find, being the alternative press that is most likely just at the end of the corridor of BBC/ITV etc!

I jest a little but I'd say I'm close on this.

I'm just back from Rhodes, there is no doubt they had some fires in some parts (I saw one hill only that was charred in the South near Lindos). but the real cause was not what was told.

Plus the fires were mainly put out within 24 hours which contradicts the trusted press again - I read a headline just a week ago how it was still wrong for people to visit Rhodes (the Guardian of course) and what is wrong with these people doing such a macabre thing!

The island was beautiful, people so friendly and they want you there as there economy has been wrecked since 2001.

Sadly I got back home and people would not believe me when I said it was normal and absolutely beautiful as ever, they wanted me to say it was a disaster with charred bodies in the street I'm sure!

Gosh we live under a spell book don't we!

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Imo, we are beginning to see a trend in issues being highlighted where labour will lose some popular support ahead of the next GE

i wonder what odds I could get on a hung parliament with the Lib Dems  entering a coalition govt with labour where their price of support is another EU referendum ?? 

They’re 22 points ahead in the polls. It would have to take a capitulation but also a massive Tory improvement to even take it to hung parliament territory. Given the state of literally everything then I don’t see the latter happening. Plus the hatchet jobs on Sunak haven’t even started yet. He will be atrocious in an election campaign. I also don’t think Starmer would accept anything related to brexit in a coalition if it came to that. Those wounds are not ready to be reopened. 

If you’re talking about the migration policy, personally I think it’s great and I feel that apart from racist knuckle draggers, it’ll be well received. Framing the people smugglers as the bad guys rather than the people being used by them is the correct approach and it seems he actually wants to solve the issue with this policy, rather than the current incumbents who facilitate this mess to appeal to those who are still daft enough to vote for them.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They’re 22 points ahead in the polls. 

If you’re talking about the migration policy, personally I think it’s great and I feel that apart from racist knuckle draggers, it’ll be well received. Framing the people smugglers as the bad guys rather than the people being used by them is the correct approach and it seems he actually wants to solve the issue with this policy, rather than the current incumbents. 

I don’t for one second think that they won’t win the popular vote by some margin 

however, I’ve seen how the media works over here and they will be scrutinised way more than the tories.  I could well see a scenario where they just fail to gain a majority in parliament.  It seems fanciful atm but another year+ down the tracks and a drip drip campaign by the right to discredit the Labour front bench - you’d be surprised what people will do with their vote ! 

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

They’re 22 points ahead in the polls. 

If you’re talking about the migration policy, personally I think it’s great and I feel that apart from racist knuckle draggers, it’ll be well received. Framing the people smugglers as the bad guys rather than the people being used by them is the correct approach and it seems he actually wants to solve the issue with this policy, rather than the current incumbents. 

I think the problem parties have with the immigration question is that through the variety of opinions on it, the ones on the side of being anti-immigration are the ones most likely to let the topic influence their vote.

ie Even if most people are positive toward Labour’s migration policy, the heavier impact on voting intention comes from the minority who aren’t.

That said, it’s very hard at this point to see that being enough to stop a Labour outright majority government rolling into Number 10 at the next election, and what looks like a comfortable one at that.

6 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I think the problem parties have with the immigration question is that through the variety of opinions on it, the ones on the side of being anti-immigration are the ones most likely to let the topic influence their vote.

ie Even if most people are positive toward Labour’s migration policy, the heavier impact on voting intention comes from the minority who aren’t.

That said, it’s very hard at this point to see that being enough to stop a Labour outright majority government rolling into Number 10 at the next election, and what looks like a comfortable one at that.

The other issue is while there are lots of people who are unaffected or affected positively by immigration, they don't vote on that, while those who are negatively affected - of which there are quite a number - do vote purely on that basis.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The other issue is while there are lots of people who are unaffected or affected positively by immigration, they don't vote on that, while those who are negatively affected - of which there are quite a number - do vote purely on that basis.

This is a good point where the UK Labour market is already in an appalling state and would be even worst without immigration. 

On 13/09/2023 at 15:46, Jaspa said:

I think these were debunked in 2017, so not sure why they’ve had another go at rolling them out. Anyway, they look fake so hopefully they’re handed over to the right people to do a 5 minute check to confirm that. This kind of thing just muddies the water on the topic. 

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Have scientists got some material out of that thing's body, like DNA samples?

Just looks too good to be true, as if it's a model out of some film.

They have, but I don’t understand it in the slightest so not sure how to interpret it. The headlines on the DNA are it’s not human and 30% of the DNA is unrecognisable. However, claiming it isn’t human could mean it’s a cow in my view. I think they need to be looked at by more academies / scientists, although it all points to a hoax at the moment. The guy that revealed them in the briefing has a reputation for being involved in similar hoaxes.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m getting on a little and really trying not to go all “back in my day….” but I think this calls for a little more than counselling and anger management. 

What a nasty little bitch!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 2