Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

3 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

BBC News - France's Carrefour puts up 'shrinkflation' warning signs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66809188

Wife came back really pleased she had found Lurpak reduced to £4.50 from a fiver. 

I pointed out that it was 400 not 500g - so an effective price rise of 12.5% masked as a price drop on a coloured shelf label. 

• Sad 3

I know Wythenshawe. Largest council estate in Europe and, sadly, this won't be the only place where something like this goes on every day.

However, I can say that things like this have always happened. We're still barely 15 years on from Sophie Lancaster and there are always people that don't respect other humans. 

My opinion is they need to be taught to respect. Ideally, in an educational setting but sometimes it has to be firmer. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

Wife came back really pleased she had found Lurpak reduced to £4.50 from a fiver. 

I pointed out that it was 400 not 500g - so an effective price rise of 12.5% masked as a price drop on a coloured shelf label. 

Some of the size changes are shocking!

The Hartleys jam is laughable - they reduced the jar size and left the old sized lid on it making it look the most obvious item that has shrunk down! 

It looks so stupid like a tiny man with a giant head!  BTW I'm only 5' 7" so know about these things!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Pretty clear the attacker should be charged with at least ABH.

And then you get the other mob  laughing and filming.😡

They should all be whipped.

Unfortunately  nothing will be done to any of them as usual.

Disgusting.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

Unfortunately still going to be chances for ones already owned to attack people:

LBC understands any existing XL bullies will have to be muzzled in public and on the lead at all times. They will also have to be neutered.

In some cases where dogs are known to have a history of aggression they will have to be destroyed or sent to kennels.

Police will also be given more powers to take dogs away from owners when puppies if they show signs of ‘low level’ aggression.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/xl-bully-breed-banned-in-uk-after-spate-of-attacks/

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Unfortunately still going to be chances for ones already owned to attack people:

LBC understands any existing XL bullies will have to be muzzled in public and on the lead at all times. They will also have to be neutered.

In some cases where dogs are known to have a history of aggression they will have to be destroyed or sent to kennels.

Police will also be given more powers to take dogs away from owners when puppies if they show signs of ‘low level’ aggression.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/xl-bully-breed-banned-in-uk-after-spate-of-attacks/

I fear this will just push it underground and I don’t know how the police will enforce tbh, they’re already overworked

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I fear this will just push it underground and I don’t know how the police will enforce tbh, they’re already overworked

This is why all dogs need to be muzzled. All large dogs can cause serious injury. We need laws but more importantly make it socially unacceptable for dogs to be seen outside without muzzles. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To have all dogs muzzled in public sounds like an overreaction. 

A licence would be better where people have to prove that they can understand and care for their particular breed of dog before ownership.

I doubt the irresponsible will have a licence but still obtain a dog. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

A man has died after being attacked by two dogs near Walsall. The breed of the dogs has not yet been confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-66817795

Stories now emerging that the two dogs involved in this fatal attack were indeed XL Bully dogs…

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That will always be the case but there will then be a mechanism for that owner to either learn how to be responsible owner or lose the dog.

I understand your point but I worry action will be in reaction to an incident rather than preventing. 

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

This is why all dogs need to be muzzled. All large dogs can cause serious injury. We need laws but more importantly make it socially unacceptable for dogs to be seen outside without muzzles. 

Untrue, it is the type of jaw that determines severity of injury. For example, a Staffordshire bull terrier would be more likely to kill than a Labrador, without even considering their temperaments. It will never be socially unacceptable to have dogs muzzled outside thankfully. But I totally understand why some would want this, I always encourage people whose dogs have shown a certain level of aggression to muzzle. I had to muzzle my dog when he was younger for reasons unrelated to his temperament and it is not as restricting as people assume. Better to be safe sorry!