Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

47 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Untrue, it is the type of jaw that determines severity of injury. For example, a Staffordshire bull terrier would be more likely to kill than a Labrador, without even considering their temperaments. It will never be socially unacceptable to have dogs muzzled outside thankfully. But I totally understand why some would want this, I always encourage people whose dogs have shown a certain level of aggression to muzzle. I had to muzzle my dog when he was younger for reasons unrelated to his temperament and it is not as restricting as people assume. Better to be safe sorry! 

I appreciate your views. I just think there are many dog bites that although non life threatening do cause the need for hospital treatment and distress for the victim. Too many people have their safety put in the hands of dog owners that either don't take enough care or are not that bothered. I do sympathise with the caring and responsible owners and of course these are the vast majority. Alas there is a sizable minority it seems that don't take into account that dog ownership is not just about them and their wants.

26 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Judging by that note in which she said that she allegedly did it herself, imagine the scenes if she was found not to be actually guilty..

Edited by Wymsey

Rumours of a big Times exposè to go live tomorrow.

Channel 4 have also scheduled an hour and a half Dispatches special at 9pm on a Saturday night which is unheard of.

Wonder if the two are linked? Feels like something big is about to break.

46 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Rumours of a big Times exposè to go live tomorrow.

Channel 4 have also scheduled an hour and a half Dispatches special at 9pm on a Saturday night which is unheard of.

Wonder if the two are linked? Feels like something big is about to break.

Reckon, if it's a big exposure, it'll be something to do with the Royal Family.

Or the announcement of a death of a prominent celebrity or campaigner.

Edited by Wymsey

4 hours ago, Guesty said:

The rumour on twitter is it's a famous comedian or comedians. But it's quite clear no one actually knows.

Judging by the video on Russell Brand has just put on YouTube I'm would guess it's him. I assume I can post it here as Brand himself has gone public about it.

46 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yes it does. Through a mess of lies, false promises and deception.

Those people are lucky they can’t be extradited to Afghanistan.

I just hope if it is kidnapping, they spend years in prison

Edited by marbles

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Judging by the video on Russell Brand has just put on YouTube I'm would guess it's him. I assume I can post it here as Brand himself has gone public about it.

He's had such a strange career trajectory. 20 years ago he was everywhere. Always on the tv; Radio 2 DJ (Sacksgate was just weird); went to Hollywood and was in some movies; married one of the most famous popstars in the world. Then got divorced and slowly vanished into what he said was a self-imposed exile as he didn't like being famous anymore. Went from being quite politically outspoken on left-wing topics to becoming an alt-right anti-mainstream media conspiracy theorist podcaster. 

A political grifter is a clever place to go if you have skeleton's in your closet. Wonder what he's done: he's been pretty open about his mistakes in the past and he's not really famous enough for the mainstream media to want to bring him down under false pretences.

Never found him funny to be honest.

Might be an unpopular opinion, with his drug abuse past may not fully being 100% have been his fault, but feel that he has let himself down a few times.

Edited by Wymsey

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It’s a #MeToo story, so this sounds probable - albeit, I’d rather never see or hear from or about that grifting narcissist ever again. 

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people defending Brand on twitter. I get they defend people they see as their own tribe. I expect some people to blindly defend him - especially nobodies on twitter. But people with big followings like Elon Musk, Laurence Fox. Bev Turner on GB News calling him a hero. There are people who are saying I believe in facts and evidence defending him.

They don't know what he's about to be accused of - no one knows the facts or has seen the evidence yet. What if it's really depraved stuff and the evidence is irrefutable. Like how do you walk that back. Surely you at least moderate your support before hand, or wait.

You've got comedians (or people who work in that industry) on twitter now coming out with things about super injunctions and stuff they've heard or seen. Apparently this is who Katherine Ryan was talking about months ago.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Guesty said:

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of people defending Brand on twitter. I get they defend people they see as their own tribe. I expect some people to blindly defend him - especially nobodies on twitter. But people with big followings like Elon Musk, Laurence Fox. Bev Turner on GB News calling him a hero. There are people who are saying I believe in facts and evidence defending him.

Well, you’ve just listed off three complete crypto-fascist cvnts - so the fact they’re doing or saying something mind-numbingly stupid should surprise nobody at all.

Edited by Daggers
I hate autocorrect
  • Like 3