Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

Anyone would think Brand deliberately pursued the right wing conspiract grifter career path so that he could play the mainstream media conspiracy silencing and cancelling him card when his offences got out (as well as the financial gain of course).

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Anyone would think Brand deliberately pursued the right wing conspiract grifter career path so that he could play the mainstream media conspiracy silencing and cancelling him card when his offences got out (as well as the financial gain of course).

Think it's fair to say if he was still considered a "leftie," the army out defending him right now would not be so vocal in their support...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

... right wing talking heads and their sycophants not taking sexual harassment and assault of women seriously and using that exact "MSM" argument to be dismissive?

Colour me shocked.

16 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Think it's fair to say if he was still considered a "leftie," the army out defending him right now would not be so vocal in their support...

Correct - he would be getting vocal support from the left instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

This sort of thing one could say is one person's word against another, really.

Reckon it's quite difficult in getting actual evidence of wrongdoing, no?

From what I've seen so far it's at least five people's word against another. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

You don’t need evidence when someone you don’t agree with is accused of something.

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

From what I've seen so far it's at least five people's word against another. 

Of course.

Brand says these accusations may have been 'coordinated' - either he's got evidence of this somehow or is digging a hole for himself.

It's really hard to say unless the Dispatches programme later (may) reveal more evidence of any truth at all to this.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The Times article has text messages where (I'm paraphrasing) he says sorry to one of the women about how he'd treated her that day and she didn't deserve it. She's one who says he raped her. But it doesn't actually say raped in the messages. There's much more in The Times article. If you go on twitter someone has an archive link and you can read behind the paywall. But I'm sure it will all be covered in Dispatches

I think it's more than 5 woman some want anonymity and don't want to go on record. Some are in the UK and some are in US. 

But you are right it's hard; and it's why of all the 67,169 rapes reported to UK police only 1.9% had charges brought in 2022. And the ones that were brought have like a 5 year wait to get to court. Which are really grim figures.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, marbles said:

Correct - he would be getting vocal support from the left instead.

I thought he was a pr1ck when he was pretending to be a leftie, and he is a pr1ck now pretending to be some hard right conspiracy MAGA nut. Cynic in me thinks he has known this has been coming for a long time. Playing the coordinated attack card is pretty lame. He's simply not that important.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Eleven years on and I swear to god Twitter, this site and the rest of the internet would be jumping to the defence of Savile's cold, disgraceful corpse. Nothing suprises me in 2023, Deb. As long as you align yourself politically, you're worth defending. If only JS had a right wing Twitter account, eh.

Yup. Poor Jimmy simply missed the MAGA train. If he was younger and it happened now, you would have the likes of Musk and Tate calling it out as a coordinated attack on the right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, String fellow said:

Brand said it was a 'rather baroque attack' on him. What does he mean by 'baroque'? I thought it was that period in history during the 17th and early 18th centuries, when very ornate architecture, art and music were in fashion in Europe.

He uses fancy words to try and make himself more mysterious and more relevant. He’s always done it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Brand said it was a 'rather baroque attack' on him. What does he mean by 'baroque'? I thought it was that period in history during the 17th and early 18th centuries, when very ornate architecture, art and music were in fashion in Europe.

A fancy way of saying irregular. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

You think it might not be?

Don’t know either way.

I try my best not to convict people based on opinion.  Especially when I don’t know them personally.

As we know, public opinion has been incorrect in the past.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I thought he was a pr1ck when he was pretending to be a leftie, and he is a pr1ck now pretending to be some hard right conspiracy MAGA nut. Cynic in me thinks he has known this has been coming for a long time. Playing the coordinated attack card is pretty lame. He's simply not that important.

Thinking he was/is a pr1ck is one thing.

My point is that no matter which side of the political line you fall on - say and do whatever, you will have hardcore defenders.

13 minutes ago, marbles said:

Thinking he was/is a pr1ck is one thing.

My point is that no matter which side of the political line you fall on - say and do whatever, you will have hardcore defenders.

Has he been nicked for it?   Can't find any record of that- ergo, this is either a Prince Andrew case, or it didn't happen

• Like 1