Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

57 minutes ago, Guesty said:

This just plays into the hands of all the conspiracy theorists. Given how many allegations there are against MP's not sure they've got any business writing letters like this until more is known.

I wonder how many skeletons Caroline or her husband have in their proverbial closet 

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66876658

"Former soldier Daniel Khalife has pleaded not guilty to escaping from Wandsworth prison on 6 September."

That's government-esque levels of BS claiming it wasn't him right there.  Respect that.

What went on Daniel, did you Quantum Leap out of your cell?

Well, he didn't escape, did he? He was captured. Case dismissed! :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

I'd strongly disagree with this sentiment Tom. 

At home, I can roll from meeting to meeting (and often have to) without any break in between. I can get my tasks done without interruptions and I can control my working environment, including, prioritising my tasks. 

I'm in the office one day a week and it's typically my least productive day.  Constant interruptions at my desk that take me off course, I have to move through the building from meeting room to meeting room and as such, can't fit as much in.   It's 90 minutes in each direction for me, so I'm generally leaving the office on time, so that it's not 19:30 by the time I get home. 

when I'm already at home, I'lll typically finish the task i'm doing and even the one after that as well, as I know I can shut the laptop and walk to the next room and still be "finished" earlier than If i'd had to commute. 

If people aren't as productive, then I think it says more about the businesses they work for and the systems and processes they have in place. 

Absolutely you can blast through a lot of stuff at home, and there is a lot to be said for that.  Do you underestimate the value you are adding in the office when people interrupt you at your desk?  I have a lot of useful discussions that way, and also learn a lot about what is going on in the wider business.  Too easy to get disconnected if you don't make an appearance in the office.  Balance is key here, and while an individual can be completely remote and be productive, I think they and their business is missing out on the added value of mixing with people.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Absolutely you can blast through a lot of stuff at home, and there is a lot to be said for that.  Do you underestimate the value you are adding in the office when people interrupt you at your desk?  I have a lot of useful discussions that way, and also learn a lot about what is going on in the wider business.  Too easy to get disconnected if you don't make an appearance in the office.  Balance is key here, and while an individual can be completely remote and be productive, I think they and their business is missing out on the added value of mixing with people.

I'm going to get @Tommy G a job at my place and transform his thinking about WFH. lol. 

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66876658

"Former soldier Daniel Khalife has pleaded not guilty to escaping from Wandsworth prison on 6 September."

That's government-esque levels of BS claiming it wasn't him right there.  Respect that.

What went on Daniel, did you Quantum Leap out of your cell?

Must have been his twin brother .

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

*Whatsapp and Slack enter chat*

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Milo said:

There doesn’t seem to be the tsunami of allegations coming out the woodwork that I thought there would be, tbh. 

I refer the honourable gentleman to The Newsagents’ podcast where Maitlis delves into that subject with the woman who led the 4yr investigation. 

It comes down to the burden of evidence they are allowed to print. There are many other women making allegations and her inbox has been swamped. Moreover, there were victims who declined to be involved because they feared an emotional tax. 

You have to remember how victims of sexual crimes are rarely believed and shun reporting as they then get painted as instigators or willing participants by a patriarchy dedicated to preserving the boys club. 

I didn’t report my abuse and I am a man. I spent most of my life locking away the experience to avoid reliving the emotional turmoil. If anyone had come to me in my 20s-40s I’d have told them to fvck off. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to The Newsagents’ podcast where Maitlis delves into that subject with the woman who led the 4yr investigation. 

It comes down to the burden of evidence they are allowed to print. There are many other women making allegations and her inbox has been swamped. Moreover, there were victims who declined to be involved because they feared an emotional tax. 

You have to remember how victims of sexual crimes are rarely believed and shun reporting as they then get painted as instigators or willing participants by a patriarchy dedicated to preserving the boys club. 

I didn’t report my abuse and I am a man. I spent most of my life locking away the experience to avoid reliving the emotional turmoil. If anyone had come to me in my 20s-40s I’d have told them to fvck off. 

I’ve just re-read my comment and it comes across as a bit defensive of the c***. Which clearly it wasn’t meant to 😬

I think my expectations were that after such a high profile outing of him, there would be wall to wall coverage of claims of sexual assault/abuse across all media outlets.

But the documentary and newspaper revelations of the other night seems to have not had the obvious impact that I thought it would, with the intention being that other victims would come forward. 

But obviously there may be evidence gathering behind the scenes. 

And maybe, rightly, they have indeed come forward but to the police, rather than the newspapers. 

In summary, then, my point was entirely pointless! 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's starting to unravel a bit..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66882644

Got away with it at the time because of his "I'm  a hippy comedian full of banter shit".

Never was funny anyway, but looking back on just that, how the feck did the bbc not have a word with him at the least?

Hope it all comes crashing down.on him and any others to follow suit, although I'm sure "lessons will be learnt" and no further action.

Wouldnt be surprised with the situation in this country and complete ineptitude of those in charge.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder how many skeletons Caroline or her husband have in their proverbial closet 

With stuff like this they'll make sinister moves when it's practically impossible to object.

If you were to publicly say 'demanding to financially punish Brand before due process is done is morally wrong' then you would be immediately met with open hostility. You're defending a rapist.

It just forces into action am objectionable process. It certainly is troubling.

For clarity - Brand, if guilty, should be punished. But not before due process. People should be up in arms at the attempt by government to circumnavigate due process. Even if the accused is, by another standard, is guilty they should still have the right to presumed legal innocence. Without that the system walks into chaos and it opens the door wider to further abuse.

1 hour ago, Milo said:

I’ve just re-read my comment and it comes across as a bit defensive of the c***. Which clearly it wasn’t meant to 😬

I think my expectations were that after such a high profile outing of him, there would be wall to wall coverage of claims of sexual assault/abuse across all media outlets.

But the documentary and newspaper revelations of the other night seems to have not had the obvious impact that I thought it would, with the intention being that other victims would come forward. 

But obviously there may be evidence gathering behind the scenes. 

And maybe, rightly, they have indeed come forward but to the police, rather than the newspapers. 

In summary, then, my point was entirely pointless! 

I didn’t take it that way ;)

48 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

With stuff like this they'll make sinister moves when it's practically impossible to object.

If you were to publicly say 'demanding to financially punish Brand before due process is done is morally wrong' then you would be immediately met with open hostility. You're defending a rapist.

It just forces into action am objectionable process. It certainly is troubling.

For clarity - Brand, if guilty, should be punished. But not before due process. People should be up in arms at the attempt by government to circumnavigate due process. Even if the accused is, by another standard, is guilty they should still have the right to presumed legal innocence. Without that the system walks into chaos and it opens the door wider to further abuse.

I don’t think he was defending a rapist, I took at it as more of a ‘ they’re all at it” kind of thing..