Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

5 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Not really,  The dyed in the wool Tories are not happy about the high tax, high spend policies and the desire to outstrip the rest of the world in chasing net zero with consequent price rises.  Nor are the "red wall" first-time Tories from the last election.

The dyed in wool Tories have had things their way too long anyway. As for the first time red wall Tory voters hopefully the scales will fall from their eyes as the country and public services crumble around them

17 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Not really,  The dyed in the wool Tories are not happy about the high tax, high spend policies and the desire to outstrip the rest of the world in chasing net zero with consequent price rises.  Nor are the "red wall" first-time Tories from the last election.

I’m obviously not the dyed-in-the-wool Tory I used to think I was because I want this.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’m obviously not the dyed-in-the-wool Tory I used to think I was because I want this.

As would any sane human being even remotely interested in human civilisation remaining somewhat as it is in terms of comfort. Political affiliation really shouldn't come into it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I really wish I was better at thinking up puns because I'm sure there are some zingers for this one.

I’m just imagining how it would be to play against someone who orgasms before making each move.

Bzz

oohh…

Knight F3.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

As a way of communicating, it certainly beats coughing, as employed by Charles Ingram on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?'. 

My favourite moment of that is when the guy coughs the word “No”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

It's what I've scratched my head at too. They seem policies aimed at the more dyed in the wool Tories whose vote they already have. Guess the olive branch to the centrists will be at the budget next year when money appears. 

They’ll try and replicate Turkey. Rampant inflation, thousands killed in an earthquake due to corruption in not maintaining buildings and miles behind in the polls. Then just offered free electricity and gas and the voters lapped it up. The same can definitely happen here. Taxes are so high now so that the tories can promise to slash them if they win an election, and then won’t do it anyway.

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

I’m just imagining how it would be to play against someone who orgasms before making each move.

Bzz

oohh…

Knight F3.

Maybe Niemann was inspired by watching the Chess Vibes YouTube channel! Btw, I mentioned it in the Chess thread recently, and recommend it. 

Edited by String fellow

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Maybe Niemann was inspired by watching the Chess Vibes YouTube channel! Btw, I mentioned it in the Chess thread recently, and recommend it. 

What do you…

What are you recommending exactly?

41 minutes ago, Dunge said:

What do you…

What are you recommending exactly?

The excellent way that the channel's presenter, Nelson Lopez, explains chess tactics. Having said that, to the best of my knowledge, he's never covered the topic of shoving something up one's rear end as a way of gaining an advantage in chess!

• Like 1