Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Core brexit vote was no higher than 35% imo 

that’s a significant 17% 7 years ago …..

Well, I guess we'll find out if such "legitimate concerns" regarding the matter will be enough for people to vote a particular way.

Right now polling suggests not, but there's a long way between now and May 2024.

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There really are some people who won’t see much difference between the two parties but will lap up the tories painting Labour as soft on ‘illegal immigration’

if you dont believe me then explain brexit ! 

I don't think immigration is really a vote winner for the consvervatives anymore considering they've overseen a) the biggest rise in immigration by far in the country's history and b) a decline in living standards.

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There really are some people who won’t see much difference between the two parties but will lap up the tories painting Labour as soft on ‘illegal immigration’

if you dont believe me then explain brexit ! 

I won't, this forum is politics-free. :thumbup:

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Well, I guess we'll find out if such "legitimate concerns" regarding the matter will be enough for people to vote a particular way.

Right now polling suggests not, but there's a long way between now and May 2024.

Jan 2025 

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

I don't think immigration is really a vote winner for the consvervatives anymore considering they've overseen a) the biggest rise in immigration by far in the country's history and b) a decline in living standards.

those who will be swayed are not impressed with facts 

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I won't, this forum is politics-free. :thumbup:

Ha - some would say that brexit had nothing to do with politics ! 

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I don't think immigration is really a vote winner for the conservatives  anymore considering they've overseen a) the biggest rise in immigration by far in the country's history and b) a decline in living standards.

This will be spun to say " look what high levels of immigration are doing to the country. Give us the mandate to bring it down"

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

GB News is 24-hour sketch show

Dan Wootton finally getting dragged has made this so entertaining.

They'll be changing direction as a channel very soon I reckon, too many cranks need clearing and they are taking the opportunity to do so. 

Is anyone accustomed with French politics, is Macron taking deeply unpopular decisions on the basis that he believes they’ll help build long term infrastructure, given that he’ll not be fighting another election? Nuclear power stations and raising the pension age for example. 

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Why would someone think this is good for a laugh 

Could be that they’re mad and doing it for illogical reasons. Could be they’re trying to impress someone.

Or it could be that they’re just callous and doing it for the sport of upsetting people. It’s not like you need to search social media for long to find people like that.

• Like 1