Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20230928-the-mysteries-of-the-worlds-eighth-continent

This is so cool. Never knew and till today that New Zealand is actually a big. continent, just that most of it is underwater

Well there’s no chance of it ever being an inhabitable continent given that sea levels are headed in the wrong direction - volcanic eruptions could see the odd island pushed upwards above the sea but that’s it 

You’d imagine that it must contain a lot of mineral deposits - wonder if we’ll see any attempt to start undersea mining ??

14 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66968021

More unnecessary pain and misery to be inflicted upon Kosovan people trying to live their lives. Hope it'll wind down but this has been building for so long now I can't see it ending quietly. 

There were clashes in Mitrovica in the North in June just before I visited. The hostel owner said the constant clashes were seriously damaging the tourism industry (We were the only guests in a hostel with a capacity of about 60) despite most of the clashes only really affecting the Serbian areas of the country.

It's such a shame as Pristina is a beautiful city which wouldn't look out of place in a country like Belgium. Hopefully it'll calm down again.

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The UN and Western governments have utterly spineless and pathetic over the ethnic cleansing in the Caucasus. I suppose genocide is ok provided that you can supply natural resources. 

Sadly that's been the guiding star of practically every major power for a long time.

Valuing material wealth more than human life, especially when that human life is beyond line of sight.

4 hours ago, Atheonseye said:

There were clashes in Mitrovica in the North in June just before I visited. The hostel owner said the constant clashes were seriously damaging the tourism industry (We were the only guests in a hostel with a capacity of about 60) despite most of the clashes only really affecting the Serbian areas of the country.

It's such a shame as Pristina is a beautiful city which wouldn't look out of place in a country like Belgium. Hopefully it'll calm down again.

Do you mean Prizren? Because I've been to Prishtina and I thought it was pretty ugly, although with decent food and drink. 

3 hours ago, bovril said:

Do you mean Prizren? Because I've been to Prishtina and I thought it was pretty ugly, although with decent food and drink. 

Ive only been to Pristina but I have heard many good things about Prizren. There's some nicer suburbs to the south and the centre is ok, plenty of investment in new buildings too. The food in Pristina is amazing, cost about €5 for two kebabs and a beer just outside the main square.

12 hours ago, Atheonseye said:

Ive only been to Pristina but I have heard many good things about Prizren. There's some nicer suburbs to the south and the centre is ok, plenty of investment in new buildings too. The food in Pristina is amazing, cost about €5 for two kebabs and a beer just outside the main square.

Yeah to be fair I went nearly 8 years ago (in a Prishtina bar I watched us draw 0-0 with Man City in the title winning season). Wasn't my favourite city ever and I went mostly to see the Serbian monasteries nearby.

I'm a bit torn on the situation. I generally have a little sympathy for Serbia post 1990. 

Haven't read much about the current situation to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apparently it's an investigation which reveals that a number of 'reality' TV programmes, including Love Island and Celebrity Big Brother, include some scenes that aren't as spontaneous as they appear but are in fact partially staged for the camera. Massive story and one that will shock the country to its core.

Don’t you dare tell me The Traitors is scripted.

I want to believe.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Apparently it's an investigation which reveals that a number of 'reality' TV programmes, including Love Island and Celebrity Big Brother, include some scenes that aren't as spontaneous as they appear but are in fact partially staged for the camera. Massive story and one that will shock the country to its core.

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Not just tripe but scripted tripe  

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

“Do or do not. There is no try”

9e254fe6-d4d3-409d-a624-34ce6378f2a7.jpg

This has always baffled me. Imagine explaining this to E.T when he visit. 

"Yeah we're not allowed to take photos, but we employ an artist to draw pastel pictures of the scene". It's mad. 

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is this serious?! 

There's often clips after Love Island episodes that appear on Twitter of different cuts/takes and replayed conversations in certain areas lol

30 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this serious?! 

There's often clips after Love Island episodes that appear on Twitter of different cuts/takes and replayed conversations in certain areas lol

Most of these shows are scripted reality. Antiques roadshow has won scripted reality TV awards.