Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

56 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

A silly story.  The NHS does have a problem with getting rid of people not fit to work though.

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Is it good/popular stuff?? Loathe fashion bollocks personally so have no idea

Oh goodness, I'm really not the man to ask as I'm largely of the same mindset as you on this.

I think it's probably a bigger thing in the States than here. I had a mate that lived over there for a bit and he came back wearing quite a bit of it

Being painfully fashionable, I like to wear all the fashion stuff. The Armandos, the Gocci, the By George at Asdah. I’ve never heard of Abercrombie & Fitch and so I assume it is popular with High St idiots. 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Being painfully fashionable, I like to wear all the fashion stuff. The Armandos, the Gocci, the By George at Asdah. I’ve never heard of Abercrombie & Fitch and so I assume it is popular with High St idiots. 

What about FFS at Tesci?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Ah, not like the Fail to show a lack of understanding regarding basic empathy and just throw red meat to their red faced readership by attacking a state institution, is it?

I don't think it's quite like that - if that policy exists then it would only exist within an institution like the NHS. You can't get an ambulance but not to worry, if you have menopause like symtoms as a male you can have a year off full pay.   

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I don't think it's quite like that - if that policy exists then it would only exist within an institution like the NHS. You can't get an ambulance but not to worry, if you have menopause like symtoms as a male you can have a year off full pay.   

Certainly, but let's not overlook that the Fail deliberately miss the point regarding underfunding as a means to discredit the organisation itself for the purposes of public distrust and subsequent privatisation with all the suffering for poorer and vulnerable people that entails.

Any vaguely competent and reasonably funded (by a vaguely competent government) organisation with an actual interest in both its workforce and the patients that use it would offer both the ambulances required and this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Certainly, but let's not overlook that the Fail deliberately miss the point regarding underfunding as a means to discredit the organisation itself for the purposes of public distrust and subsequent privatisation with all the suffering for poorer and vulnerable people that entails.

Any vaguely competent and reasonably funded (by a vaguely competent government) organisation with an actual interest in both its workforce and the patients that use it would offer both the ambulances required and this.

Well that’s silly. It’s silly to even make the ‘male menopause’ a thing isn’t it really? Never mind to allow any work shy enough to take full pay for up to 12 months. 

I like how it’s the governments fault for not pouring yet more money into a bottomless pit, rather than  the NHS for not prioritising its funds. 

28 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Are you suggesting that the male menopause isn't 'a thing'? It is, and given that one of the symptoms is depression, are you then suggesting that those who take time off work with depression are work shy? 

I think the problem is lazy labelling. It's called the male menopause because it's a negative health curve at a certain age, much like a woman in her menopause. But it's not actually a menopause, that is physically impossible in a man, and so it gets derided. Give it a different name and you'd get none of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Are you suggesting that the male menopause isn't 'a thing'? It is, and given that one of the symptoms is depression, are you then suggesting that those who take time off work with depression are work shy? 

I love how you draw such conclusions 

12 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I think the problem is lazy labelling. It's called the male menopause because it's a negative health curve at a certain age, much like a woman in her menopause. But it's not actually a menopause, that is physically impossible in a man, and so it gets derided. Give it a different name and you'd get none of this.

Much more like this 

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Much more like this 

Appreciate you clarifying your position - I'll be totally honest, this isn't the only post I've seen regarding the "workshy" made here that made me draw that conclusion.

But text can sometimes be very easily misinterpreted, happens all the time.

56 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Much more like this 

If you were saying you just disagreed with the label , why do you consider the people taking time off with the symptoms work shy?

• Like 3

I guess a larger part of this comes down to a wider debate tbh.

Whether someone thinks that the bigger problem is people abusing a system ("tragedy of the commons"), or some people slipping through the cracks in that system and not getting the help they need.

Sadly as such systems are never perfect the choice tends to be between one or the other.

Edited by leicsmac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66990302

Conspiracy theories linking "15-minute cities" to sinister ploys to control people may once have been the preserve of fringe groups on social media, but have they now entered the mainstream of British politics?

Speaking at the Conservative Party conference on Monday, Transport Secretary Mark Harper said he was "calling time on the misuse of so-called '15-minute cities'".

Originally an urban planning concept, the "15-minute city" idea is aimed at providing people in cities with basic services within a quarter of an hour's walk or bike ride of where they live.

Like a lot of other conspiracist stuff, this would be laughable if the internet didn't allow it to reach so many people and thus somehow become a matter of policy debate.

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66990302

Conspiracy theories linking "15-minute cities" to sinister ploys to control people may once have been the preserve of fringe groups on social media, but have they now entered the mainstream of British politics?

Speaking at the Conservative Party conference on Monday, Transport Secretary Mark Harper said he was "calling time on the misuse of so-called '15-minute cities'".

Originally an urban planning concept, the "15-minute city" idea is aimed at providing people in cities with basic services within a quarter of an hour's walk or bike ride of where they live.

Like a lot of other conspiracist stuff, this would be laughable if the internet didn't allow it to reach so many people and thus somehow become a matter of policy debate.

I just find it really transparent and obvious and depressing that more people don't. 

The anti 15 minute cities stuff absolutely screams "billionaires made up conspiracy theory" pushed by those with a vested interest in automobiles and fossil fuels. How nuts would you otherwise have to be to turn a benign urban planning theory in to New World Order? Fvck sakes. 

Same with all the anti abortion, anti birth control, anti millennial nonsense about not having babies et all. Got nothing to do with religion or morality it's just rich people panicking they the labour force is getting older & declining. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I just find it really transparent and obvious and depressing that more people don't. 

The anti 15 minute cities stuff absolutely screams "billionaires made up conspiracy theory" pushed by those with a vested interest in automobiles and fossil fuels. How nuts would you otherwise have to be to turn a benign urban planning theory in to New World Order? Fvck sakes. 

Same with all the anti abortion, anti birth control, anti millennial nonsense about not having babies et all. Got nothing to do with religion or morality it's just rich people panicking they the labour force is getting older & declining. 

And the end result is the use of the democratic process to destroy it.

Very depressing, especially when, as you say, it's obvious.