Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

Would be interested to hear what right wingers think about the stuff coming out of the conference. Because although I would probably never vote Tory I am a bit of a social conservative and it depresses and worries me that the right in this country is so utterly shit and now seemingly unable to offer anything to the British public other than rehashed US culture war nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Pretty much, yeah.

I think it's a sincerely held belief with a nod to occasional confirmation bias from publications like the Mail.

Some people just strongly believe in "self-sufficiency" and social Darwinism and that's their prerogative (met loads in the rural US), but it's likewise the prerogative of other people to point out how erroneous and damaging it is now and certainly will be in the future when applied as policy.

Gives me images of the UK equivalent, red faced middle aged men brandishing copies of the Daily Mail muttering about the death penalty lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I just find it really transparent and obvious and depressing that more people don't. 

The anti 15 minute cities stuff absolutely screams "billionaires made up conspiracy theory" pushed by those with a vested interest in automobiles and fossil fuels. How nuts would you otherwise have to be to turn a benign urban planning theory in to New World Order? Fvck sakes. 

Same with all the anti abortion, anti birth control, anti millennial nonsense about not having babies et all. Got nothing to do with religion or morality it's just rich people panicking they the labour force is getting older & declining. 

It feels as if we're days away from Tory messaging being a series of unintelligible grunts and squawks, which will be accepted by the party base provided they are accompanied by an assurance that the bestial sounds are simple common sense and very right wing.

I know a lot of folk who vote Conservative who are small 'c' conservatives at heart and will always vote for them as they know no different but I do wonder what they really think about this lot because I don't think their actual values could be more different

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Rubbish

Any time off will be planned for and covered. And the proposal is "for consideration". It's not a thing right now. I doubt it would be fully taken up. It's designed to allow the employer to apply the equal right to male staff that applies to female staff.

If it was the other way round, it would be seen as a positive step towards equality for women in the workplace.

Also, paid leave doesn't mean full pay for a year. After 6 months it goes to half pay, as does every other long term absence and is constantly under review through occupational health and HR.

Respectfully disagree with most of that, and if i put in black and white what I really think I’d get a ban. You’d assume that’s because I have a view of a backwards pig, whilst I’m all for progressive “policies” this to me screams madness, in my opinion. Thanks for explaining to me how the HR system works, I’m toe to toe with them most days. 

29 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It feels as if we're days away from Tory messaging being a series of unintelligible grunts and squawks, which will be accepted by the party base provided they are accompanied by an assurance that the bestial sounds are simple common sense and very right wing.

I know a lot of folk who vote Conservative who are small 'c' conservatives at heart and will always vote for them as they know no different but I do wonder what they really think about this lot because I don't think their actual values could be more different

You can’t even vote Tory these days to get a tax break, the working man (phrase not being sexist for all the sensitive souls) is paying more tax now than ever, Rishi even tried to make out inflation was a tax he was cutting in half! 

Edited by Tommy G

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Respectfully disagree with most of that, and if i put in black and white what I really think I’d get a ban. You’d assume that’s because I have a view of a backwards pig, whilst I’m all for progressive “policies” this to me screams madness, in my opinion. Thanks for explaining to me how the HR system works, I’m toe to toe with them most days. 

So... small scale fission plants and renewables replacing oil and gas for energy generation ASAP to prevent disaster then? :D

5 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The state of the debris around the planet..

image.png.fa7c4e669322bc2a953556214e4909c9.png

...and that's just the larger, more visible pieces.

That being said, we've still got something of a grasp on the situation for now, but we do have to be very careful in the future - triggering Kessler Syndrome would be catastrophic.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...and that's just the larger, more visible pieces.

That being said, we've still got something of a grasp on the situation for now, but we do have to be very careful in the future - triggering Kessler Syndrome would be catastrophic.

And it’s not static. 

Used to work co-developing micrometeorite detectors. Those little buggers do quite some damage given their velocity. 

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

This will probably be removed but Braverman really is the lowest of the low, the thickest of the thick, a pathetic excuse of a human being. 

I think the tactic is that we know the country is busted so our only hope is to blame foreigners as it will appeal to a certain section of the public. It worked with Brexit so it might again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1