Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

Just watching a bit of the Sunak speech. I feel like I’m picking up on something. It feels a bit like Braverman is being offered enough rope to hang herself, that she can’t stop getting more extreme and become unpalatable for other Conservative MPs to ultimately back her as leader. If so then it’s a dangerous plan, particularly given how Labour tried similar with Corbyn back in the day and he got voted into leadership.

Meanwhile, while Braverman sits there with a face like a slapped a**e, Kemi Badenoch sits there with a beaming smile as she’s praised directly by the PM. She’s looking more like the true heir to the Tory throne here.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Just watching a bit of the Sunak speech. I feel like I’m picking up on something. It feels a bit like Braverman is being offered enough rope to hang herself, that she can’t stop getting more extreme and become unpalatable for other Conservative MPs to ultimately back her as leader. If so then it’s a dangerous plan, particularly given how Labour tried similar with Corbyn back in the day and he got voted into leadership.

You forget that most moderate Tories have been thrown out of the party or got sick of it all and quit. This is now a party that embraces Farage and whisper in corridors that he would be their choice for leader given half a chance. Hell, they even lobbed out Andrew Boff. There is now nothing too extreme for the vile cohort of ghouls left running the show. At some point, people are going to have to begin to accept that this is a fascist party with nothing but policies of self-interest, corruption, and ineptitude; a complete disgrace to British values and traditions - as it has been moving towards since 2010.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You forget that most moderate Tories have been thrown out of the party or got sick of it all and quit. This is now a party that embraces Farage and whisper in corridors that he would be their choice for leader given half a chance. Hell, they even lobbed out Andrew Boff. There is now nothing too extreme for the vile cohort of ghouls left running the show. At some point, people are going to have to begin to accept that this is a fascist party with nothing but policies of self-interest, corruption, and ineptitude; a complete disgrace to British values and traditions - as it has been moving towards since 2010.

Honestly, the more this goes on the more I think of applying to join the Conservative Party. Not because of agreeing with them, but with the hope of being a small part of getting it to change direction.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Honestly, the more this goes on the more I think of applying to join the Conservative Party. Not because of agreeing with them, but with the hope of being a small part of getting it to change direction.

I can actually really respect that. We do need a fairly balanced set of politicians who reflect, broadly, on what society actually is. 

4 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Lee Anderson should be ashamed about his comments regarding children with ADHD. What a dinosaur he is.

Seems to get away with so much. And has such a senior rank in the party it's embarrassing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

What a career Toploader have had. From naming their band after an obsolete technology to performing their medley of hit which only reached 19th in the charts and is a cover anyway at the Tory Party conference 26 years later.

like some vision of hell

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

What a career Toploader have had. From naming their band after an obsolete technology to performing their medley of hit which only reached 19th in the charts and is a cover anyway at the Tory Party conference 26 years later.

Absolute grifters perfect for the Tory party conference.

Imagine how fvcking desperate you've got to be to say yes to that. Or thick. Any even remotely credible band wouldn't want the flak associated with it. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Well thats ruined this underrated banger for me now...