Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

I am not an expert on the situation but I feel people are still talking about potential solutions that died long ago, around the time of the 2nd intifada and the infamous images of the Ramallah lynching. 

Sounds very bad but if I'm being honest with myself I don't have a lot of sympathy for Palestinians anymore. As I said though I'm not an expert and I haven't been there, this is only from what I see and read.

• Like 3

Seen a few posts online saying the 6bn given to Iran by the US as part of a hostage release deal went to arms for Hamas/Hezbollah as well as black market arms sold from ukraine that western nations still stupidly supply them with.

We should have zero involvement with Israel and Ukraine.

Guest Kopfkino
29 minutes ago, bovril said:

I am not an expert on the situation but I feel people are still talking about potential solutions that died long ago, around the time of the 2nd intifada and the infamous images of the Ramallah lynching. 

Sounds very bad but if I'm being honest with myself I don't have a lot of sympathy for Palestinians anymore. As I said though I'm not an expert and I haven't been there, this is only from what I see and read.

What has led you to not have a lot of sympathy for Palestinians anymore?

Fair enough if you don’t want to answer for obvious reasons but I find it an interesting thing to explore.

And for reference you’ll get no arguments from me - I’ve zero interest in having a stance cos I’ve absolutely zero idea. I’m confident I’m better read and more knowledgeable on the Middle East than 99% of the population and find it astounding how so many people that know so little manage to have so much to say.

700 Israelis murdered. I think the Gaza Strip will be flattened and the Hamas terrorists have brought upon their own death and destruction. They’ve never wanted peace, only the death to all Jews.

Its all so sad all of this hatred.

3 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What has led you to not have a lot of sympathy for Palestinians anymore?

Fair enough if you don’t want to answer for obvious reasons but I find it an interesting thing to explore.

And for reference you’ll get no arguments from me - I’ve zero interest in having a stance cos I’ve absolutely zero idea. I’m confident I’m better read and more knowledgeable on the Middle East than 99% of the population and find it astounding how so many people that know so little manage to have so much to say.

Perhaps I didn't phrase it as carefully as I should have done. I do have generally have sympathy for Palestinians. I would say though I am now much more neutral when it comes to their plight than say 15 years ago.

The reasons being the rise of Hamas who are quite simply genocidal Nazis, the visceral images of barbaric terror campaigns such as the one this weekend, and the seeming inability of a lot of pro-Palestine activists to condemn this unequivocally (obviously I am very unfairly generalizing here). Also, Islamist terror attacks in Europe and the US were a big part of my formative years, and the groups that carried e.g. 9/11 and 7/7 were obviously explicitly anti-Israel. 

Additionally, I generally vote left wing but perhaps I am becoming more sceptical of far-left, loudly pro-Palestine groups and more conservative as I get older, thus more pro-Israel. 

I am quite well read about the history of the middle east but I don't know loads about the region post WWII, mostly because, as bad as this sounds, I'm generally not that interested in it. So I accept I have an understanding of the conflict that is skewed by my own personal politics and by the media that I consume. 

32 minutes ago, SlaneyLCFC said:

Seen a few posts online saying the 6bn given to Iran by the US as part of a hostage release deal went to arms for Hamas/Hezbollah as well as black market arms sold from ukraine that western nations still stupidly supply them with.

We should have zero involvement with Israel and Ukraine.

From what I can see, a lot of munitions / equipment and weapons  left behind by the U.S army in Afghanistan has found its way into Hamas’ hands..

These murderous bastards have slaughtered 700 mainly women, children and old people. Through pure hatred.

And they are parading them around the streets before being taken to Gaza and raped and tortured. Hamas is ISIS, so if you support them good luck to you.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, SpacedX said:

I expect that the death toll will increase in Western Afghanistan and possible aftershocks. Some of the buildings in Herat are very old and similar to the Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains that were devastated last month, consist of mud and clay housing. 

Is there any known link between climate change and earthquakes? I’m thinking if sea and to some extent land temperatures increase (presumably non-uniformly), glaciers melt and redistribute mass, would this place unusual stresses on fault lines?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Not if you were previously an expert in Covid jabs, the Ukraine war, or WTO rules as I believe these are transferable skills for the Middle East crisis.

I'm also an expert in Enzos tactics as my posts on Satuday can confirm!!🙄🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Not if you were previously an expert in Covid jabs, the Ukraine war, or WTO rules as I believe these are transferable skills for the Middle East crisis.

Ah this is a whole different level.  Not sure anyone has any answers.  Its bloody depressing.

Let’s be honest though.

How can anyone have sympathy for a group of people that have attacked a music festival?

They have killed in excess of 200 people in attendance, then paraded the bodies around in the streets. 

I’m no expert on the Middle East in the slightest, however that is just brutality that won’t go unpunished. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is there any known link between climate change and earthquakes? I’m thinking if sea and to some extent land temperatures increase (presumably non-uniformly), glaciers melt and redistribute mass, would this place unusual stresses on fault lines?

Yes. The isostatic uplift in the Arctic and Antarctica not so much because they are are not regions of significant seismic activity and there are few seismic stations. Although it is known that the melting and retreating of glaciers in otherwise tectonically stable regions, such as interior of the Canadian shield and Scandinavia has caused earth tremors. In areas where earthquakes are common, such as plate margins, Alaska for example, this trend has obviously been harder to identify. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I don’t believe that there is any an evidence that CC will cause more/less earthquakes.  Tremors near the surface may possibly be affected by glacier melt relieving stresses.