Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Do we mean just the battery itself, or while it's charging? 

If the latter, can't blame that as apparently there are no charging stations in that terminal. 

Charging cars are obvs a bigger risk 

but the likelihood of an ev vehicle battery spontaneously combusting is way higher than a petrol/diesel car catching fire sitting idle.   And putting an ev battery fire out is apparently a much larger task 

Preemptive maybe? I didn't see anything getting out of hand when I last looked at it. The levels of toxicity and crazy misinformation where it's being debated elsewhere might have caused concerns that it was a matter of time before it went pear-shaped and leave an actual mess to sort out.

If that's the case it's a shame but I can sort of understand it

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Preemptive maybe? I didn't see anything getting out of hand when I last looked at it. The levels of toxicity and crazy misinformation where it's being debated elsewhere might have caused concerns that it was a matter of time before it went pear-shaped and leave an actual mess to sort out.

If that's the case it's a shame but I can sort of understand it

I mean I do understand it I just think it's a shame and too quick. 

One discussion was maybe a bit close to going over the top but they'd discontinued it.

I think this is a great place to be able to speak to people with diverse perspectives but who have something in common which means most conversations are respectful. Bit frustrating

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Why have mods deleted the Israel/Palestine thread? 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I thought it was going ok 

no one completely lost their sh1t

and I think lots of people know more now than they did last Friday (inc me) - surely that’s a good thing ??

That's disappointing, there didn't seem anything hostile or contentious, and I was certainly finding it informative.

I'm off to the Middle East in 3 weeks and was gleaning useful information to pass on to my fellow travellers who have gone into panic mode. We are scheduled for Alexandria, Egypt, Suez Canal more Egypt, Jordan and Oman. Yesterday some believed the trip would be cancelled as the whole Middle East was at war and the Suez Canal would be closed. I was able to provide background and context, all info obtained from the thread.

Likely was going to eventually turn into a shite show so did the usual.

I dont own the forum so if needed we can find another one to discuss this specifically with people in different countries who arent necessarily football fans. That could get hairy quick lol

International skeptics (used to be James Randi educational foundation) forums are good for such discussions - however they can be pretty full on.

Shame we can’t discuss here though - I keep out of things I don’t know much about but was finding the thread enlightening.

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino
2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Do we mean just the battery itself, or while it's charging? 

If the latter, can't blame that as apparently there are no charging stations in that terminal. 

The exposure of batteries to the fire and them subsequently setting on fire making it worse and harder to fight. And tbh, having been in that car park a couple of times in recent months - there are a fair few EVs usually (probably many of them company cars of people on business for a couple of days).

But ofc in this situation the EVs were fine if it hadn’t been for a diesel car. So the agenda driven analysis of some folk this morning means applying the logic we must now advocate for a ban on diesel ICE pretty sharpish, surely? 

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

To be fair last time I checked that thread someone was questioning someone else's true intentions who then responded by calling the poster a dick or something along those lines

Surely, just the individual posts could've been deleted rather than the whole thread?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Surely, just the individual posts could've been deleted rather than the whole thread?

Guess so.

'Spaff jizz job done' got deleted last week so I'm not sure a thread on a 75 year long ethnic conflict in the Middle East stood a chance

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The exposure of batteries to the fire and them subsequently setting on fire making it worse and harder to fight. And tbh, having been in that car park a couple of times in recent months - there are a fair few EVs usually (probably many of them company cars of people on business for a couple of days).

But ofc in this situation the EVs were fine if it hadn’t been for a diesel car. So the agenda driven analysis of some folk this morning means applying the logic we must now advocate for a ban on diesel ICE pretty sharpish, surely? 

You're assuming that those who advocate for continued use of ICE cars for any length of time are in any way logical. That may be a mistake.

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Because leaders should have that rather than trustworthiness and competence?

I mean given in the same interview he was suggesting countries have the right to violate the Geneva convention, and he's already abandoned every pledge he made in the leadership election without facing a general election, hard to say he has either of those.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps they closed it as there was actual debates for both sides - not just as the media portrays it, mayyybee the MODS really just wanted to be inline with Western Media and not allow people to actually recognise what is going on.....just maybeee....:ph34r:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

…he's already abandoned every pledge he made in the leadership election without facing a general election, hard to say he has either of those.

He did what he needed to do in order to drag the party back to normality, making it electable, and somehow this makes him untrustworthy and incompetent? Erm, ok. 

• Like 1