Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

33 minutes ago, YesNdidi said:

Struggling to find any discussion on this forum about Lineker. Perhaps I’ve missed something. Would be interested to find out what foxes fans have to say. For me a hero on the pitch and now, a bigger hero off it.

"I might not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Everyone has a right to say what they want as long as they are not inciting violence or hatred. Everything has just become more and more polarised. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

James O'Brien is fairly liberal

Liberal for sure but not a lefty.  He was heavily critical of Corbyn.  

Left/right politics aside the current crop of people governing this country are thrashing about in their (hopefully) dying throws causing untold damage to our nation in the process.  Left or right I find it hard to believe anyone could think we are being well governed or that this shite with Linekar is anything other than as JOB describes it. 

25 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I’ve had enough of this s***, I really have. Of course Lineker shouldn’t be fired for his post, and I say that as someone who thinks what he put was stupid.

I reckon I would be in trouble with work if I was overly political on LinkedIn.

There is nothing wrong with his opinions and the way he voices them but he has to accept that his employer may disagree. Particularly if they are a state funded business.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

If people want to be outraged at something a BBC employee said, they might want to look at Fiona Bruce instead. 

For those who didn’t see it. She described Stanley Johnson beating his wife Charlotte as a ‘one off’ as a mean of being impartial. 

2 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

If people want to be outraged at something a BBC employee said, they might want to look at Fiona Bruce instead. 

Come on mate don't be silly.  Nobody cares about the two women a week killed by a partner or ex partner.  

It's those bloody migrants on small boats that are causing all our problems and the sooner Linekar realises it the better.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

For those who didn’t see it. She described Stanley Johnson beating his wife Charlotte as a ‘one off’ as a mean of being impartial. 

Fiona Bruce helpfully explains “he broke his wife’s nose, she was hospitalised it did happen, BUT it was a one off”...

but as she is an ambassador of a domestic abuse charity, it's a massively poor stance. 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Liberal for sure but not a lefty.  He was heavily critical of Corbyn.  

Left/right politics aside the current crop of people governing this country are thrashing about in their (hopefully) dying throws causing untold damage to our nation in the process.  Left or right I find it hard to believe anyone could think we are being well governed or that this shite with Linekar is anything other than as JOB describes it. 

I like James O'Brien but I don't think him speaking out is particularly surprising is all

17 minutes ago, kenny said:

I reckon I would be in trouble with work if I was overly political on LinkedIn.

There is nothing wrong with his opinions and the way he voices them but he has to accept that his employer may disagree. Particularly if they are a state funded business.

See the post below about Lord Sugar.  

It's absolutely fine to post political opinions when you work for the BBC as long as they support the government. And he posted it on twitter not on LinkedIn. 

You think he'd be getting pushed out if he'd said how wonderful Braverman was and how great her immigration policy is?  Of course not.  

12 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

See the post below about Lord Sugar.  

It's absolutely fine to post political opinions when you work for the BBC as long as they support the government. And he posted it on twitter not on LinkedIn. 

You think he'd be getting pushed out if he'd said how wonderful Braverman was and how great her immigration policy is?  Of course not.  

If he went all right wing he would be out   much more quickly I suspect.

Alan sugar doesn't work for the BBC so his views are the business of him and companies he works for.

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

At least now I've got a genuine reason not to watch MOTD that doesn't involve us being absolutely shite.  

It's an outdated show that gives poor analysis and the highlights are available online anyway?

That's my reason. Gave up years ago.