Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I’m sure there is I’m citing the majority of cases here - shame you don’t get that. Anyhow my lab is soft as sh*t - doesn’t even bark at the postman 😂

The point is that the owner was careless and needed to be spoken too. Pleased your dog is a softie but I trust you keep it on a lead when required

3 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The point is that the owner was careless and needed to be spoken too. Pleased your dog is a softie but I trust you keep it on a lead when required

Not usually I commit crimes like Sunak 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I just think it’s a ridiculous waste of police resource. Is a yellow lab not a banned breed! Police are apparently overstretched yet have the time to do this. Makes me chuckle. If you look at dog attacks 95% of the time is down to the breed or the carelessness of the owner 

Oh I agree on the waste of police resources, its not the only thing they waste money on whilst not spending where they should be. My point was if you are that famous you really have to toe the line because somebody will pull you up on it if you don't. You could have had a road rage incident on you drive home tonight, laid into someone, called them all the names under the sun, probably wouldn't get much traction, nobody hears about, but replace you with Harry Kane and its national news. Famous people need to to be extra careful if they don't want their name dragging through the mud. Sunak, not for the first time, needs to realise being PM means every eye is on his every move. He can't be making simply misteps like that.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Oh I agree on the waste of police resources, its not the only thing they waste money on whilst not spending where they should be. My point was if you are that famous you really have to toe the line because somebody will pull you up on it if you don't. You could have had a road rage incident on you drive home tonight, laid into someone, called them all the names under the sun, probably wouldn't get much traction, nobody hears about, but replace you with Harry Kane and its national news. Famous people need to to be extra careful if they don't want their name dragging through the mud. Sunak, not for the first time, needs to realise being PM means every eye is on his every move. He can't be making simply misteps like that.

Agree with your point about the famous. To be honest the argument about police resources does not mean people should ignore laws/rules that don't suit them. Sorry if this come across as rather pompous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Sunak has been contacted by police after his dog spotted off the lead at Hyde park. What ridiculous world are we living in

It’s sunak. The media are going to be all over him, and/or have people all over him. They’re going to strong arm the police into taking ‘action’ at any slight indiscretion so they have a clickbait story. If you or I randomly called the police about this without media backing we’d get laughed at. 

10 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It’s sunak. The media are going to be all over him, and/or have people all over him. They’re going to strong arm the police into taking ‘action’ at any slight indiscretion so they have a clickbait story. If you or I randomly called the police about this without media backing we’d get laughed at. 

No doubt the BBC will get the blame

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Great news in the budget - 30 hours free childcare for 1 and 2 years olds (currently 3+ only) 

Shame it wasn’t a few years ago would have saved me thousands 😂 well overdue and pleased for anyone that will benefit from it. 

yes-baby.gif

Jackpot!

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Great news in the budget - 30 hours free childcare for 1 and 2 years olds (currently 3+ only) 

Shame it wasn’t a few years ago would have saved me thousands 😂 well overdue and pleased for anyone that will benefit from it. 

Certainly good news.  I wonder if it goes far enough.  Rumours that they will increase the rate paid as well which also helps.  This is a classic example of spending which pays for itself - assuming it continues to be targeted at people where both parents, or a single parent is working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Certainly good news.  I wonder if it goes far enough.  Rumours that they will increase the rate paid as well which also helps.  This is a classic example of spending which pays for itself - assuming it continues to be targeted at people where both parents, or a single parent is working.

Will there be enough places and staff for the children?

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Seems to be a theme of "absolute contempt for laws" developing.

He's a Covid rule breaker, also failed to wear a seat belt in a car for which he was fined, now this.  How can he continue to be prime minister?. How can he comment on members of the public who break the law! He's a total hypocrite.

23 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Certainly it is a challenge.  I think if you provide the money the capacity follows - if the per child rate is right.  The other factor is the ratios which are generally tighter than in other countries.  You could increase capacity dramatically by changing 1:5 to 1:7 for example.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Pay people enough and they will work, also increase immigration and there will be more available workers.

30 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Certainly it is a challenge.  I think if you provide the money the capacity follows - if the per child rate is right.  The other factor is the ratios which are generally tighter than in other countries.  You could increase capacity dramatically by changing 1:5 to 1:7 for example.

You could also change it to 1:10 or 1:15... guess it depends how much you place money ahead of childrens safety

• Like 2