Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Wait. You can't have your dog off the lead in public? Is that right?

And its illegal to be drunk in a pub?

Its a wonder the prisons aren't completely full.

Not such a wonder there are so many selfish people about though

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Pretty selfish to own a dog and never let it off the lead in my book. 

Do you find you get invited to many parties?

No problem letting dog of lead if in area where it is allowed. Being drunk is OK as long as you are not a nuisance to others. Rather along the lines of the idiots who cause trouble or need medical care in A and E as per another thread. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah right, I've actually read it now. I might owe some of you bores an apology. I thought you were saying letting a dog off its lead was illegal. Now I realise its just specific big parks in London. My dog would hate London. She likes the great outdoors. Running around (not on a lead) like dogs love to do. Anyway, apologise to the weirdly protective London people. Order shall prevail. Your parks shall be enjoyed in a controlled and moderated way; not with the kind of joy that dogs remind us we should experience at some point.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Anyone else really in to the smell of teabags? Tea. I mean tea. The bag isn't part of the smell really. Its just my chosen 'tea delivery system' as it were (which it is).

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Ah right, I've actually read it now. I might owe some of you bores an apology. I thought you were saying letting a dog off its lead was illegal. Now I realise its just specific big parks in London. My dog would hate London. She likes the great outdoors. Running around (not on a lead) like dogs love to do. Anyway, apologise to the weirdly protective London people. Order shall prevail. Your parks shall be enjoyed in a controlled and moderated way; not with the kind of joy that dogs remind us we should experience at some point.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

Anyone else really in to the smell of teabags? Tea. I mean tea. The bag isn't part of the smell really. Its just my chosen 'tea delivery system' as it were (which it is).

Just a shout out for the London Royal Parks. Beautiful green and for that matter colourful spaces for the enjoyment of locals and tourists that are a haven for wildlife.

And equally a shout out for the rest of the country, which also has green areas which people can use without being filmed on a camera phone.

I think I might be the problem actually because my son and I not only nearly hit someone with our RC helicopter a couple of weeks ago in our local park, but then instead of learning our lesson and going home, re-tried it and got it stuck in a tree.

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is here, but its definitely something to do with parks, dogs and helicopters and I feel like it could be a great film, but one thing we can be sure of is that it definitely wouldn't be allowed in LONDON.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I like how the parks have to be the royal parks. Do people who live in Leamington Spa or Tunbridge Wells correct you if you forget to pre-fix with 'Royal'? 

Actually, they probably do.

Well like it or not the parks in question are owned by the Crown hence their name and the differential in status and how and who runs them.  Of course all green space is good wherever in the country. The parks such as Hyde Park and Regents Park do bring a lot of kudos to our country and a great attraction for visitors from abroad.

4 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Well like it or not the parks in question are owned by the Crown hence their name and the differential in status and how and who runs them.  Of course all green space is good wherever in the country. The parks such as Hyde Park and Regents Park do bring a lot of kudos to our country and a great attraction for visitors from abroad.

I'm well aware of why it is.

I don't insist my house is known as TPH-House or car as TPH-Car or my clothes as TPH-Clothes though. 

Its not a serious point and you don't need to jump in and defend the Royal Parks. 

Interestingly though, you have taught me something, namely that my local park (RIP helictopter) is owned by Mallards.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I don't insist my house is known as TPH-House or car as TPH-Car or my clothes as TPH-Clothes though. 

Its not a serious point and you don't need to jump in and defend the Royal Parks. 

Interestingly though, you have taught me something, namely that my local park (RIP helictopter) is owned by Mallards.

I think Royal Parks is just a handy umbrella term to use when there are I think 8 of them. Whatever and wherever parks are I hope people can get out to enjoy them. 

8 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Alright me duck ! :ph34r:

I think this is probably more apt for the ‘unwarranted and unacceptable opinion’ thread, but anyone living in London deserves anything coming to them. Trucks, unleashed dogs, Satan on an escooter - anything. FU London. FU and everyone you know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

I think this is probably more apt for the ‘unwarranted and unacceptable opinion’ thread, but anyone living in London deserves anything coming to them. Trucks, unleashed dogs, Satan on an escooter - anything. FU London. FU and everyone you know. 

How parochial 

21 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Probably the case, then another £60k in totality in April. As grobyfox says I don’t think it will have a material impact, could get a few more people 50+ back in the work place or extend retirement for some who have reached the ceiling. It’s a good tick in the box for a classic Tory voter whilst sliding in a left of centre policy with the childcare - which has fallen flat a bit with the 12 month delay, I understand the ramp up requirement of nurseries to deal with the intake and it  will need 12 months but the PR leak last night could of dealt with it a bit better, to manage expectations. 

The lifetime limit removal on pensions will effectively lead to no changes as Labour have announced that they will restore it.  No one is going to do anything given this information. 

and it raises the possibility that Labour could decide to reduce it down from £1m. if you’ve made a choice to invest in your pension for your retirement rather than spending the monies then I can’t see how it would be acceptable to move the goalposts.  I feel that policies like this would potentially be an own goal for Labour as it appeals to their core vote but they need to make sure they eat into the Tory core vote a little as well as taking the centre ground. starmer needs to tread carefully because the Tory spin machine will be at full throttle ahead of an election.  it will matter not that reeves would announce that they have no intention of meddling with the existing limit … 

20 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Pussies - the East Midlands isn’t that bad. I drove up to the East Midlands at the weekend and I didn’t scream once. 

Sensationalist click-bait once again from the truly awful on-line newspapers. 

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Could this be the end of his cricketing career?

Good luck to them trying to enforce this. Also why are there no western war criminals. Why were Bush and Blair never tried despite evidence of mass abuse in guantanamo and Abu graib.

• Like 1