Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

You really think an English woman, organizing an event for women to speak - including lesbians and women of colour - invited Neo nazis?  They saw an opportunity to front up to ANTIFA and came for their own reasons.  The police then no doubt saw there was more chance of it all kicking off between the TRA mob and the Neo Nazis, and seperated them.   it suits your side of the argument to scream nazi at those who you disagree with, and you should be ashamed of the reaction to this nonsense which happened in Auckland.

At least the knuckleheads spelt paedo right

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Personally the whole trans issue is tiring and pathetic. Is it really that hard to stigmatise a group while ensuring that individual cases that do break the law are punished?

Apparently so.

But then, that's been the same with a lot of marginalised groups through history. Same recycled issues, same strife.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Personally the whole trans issue is tiring and pathetic. Is it really that hard to not stigmatise a group while ensuring that individual cases that do break the law are punished?

It wouldn’t be if the whole argument hadn’t been overtaken by nutters.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Once again nothing you linked their supports that statement.  I suppose we are supposed to take every word she says literally (like she wants men with guns guarding womens toilets) while treating all the bile and threats feminists receive on a daily basis as not literal?  Anyway, I am not going to spend any more time trying to convince you as if you believe Pink news you are not going to be convinced of anything.

Have you seen the video?  No one assaulted Lidia Thorpe, she charged at security and they pushed her away to the Police, then she fell over and instead of standing up decided to crawl away on her hands and knees.  It was a bit weird.  No idea who the motorbike people in Auckland where, but sems a bit tenuous - I don't recall seeing any biker types in the footage of Keen being nearly crushed by the violent TRA crowd.

"if you believe people reporting on the things she says and does you're not gonna be convinced of anything". my dude, you're the one actively downplaying a NeoNazi (she's not a feminist and even says as such). Ask why you're simping so hard for Nazis while disavowing antipodean feminist and LGBT activists

• Like 1

Panorama on BBC 1 last night  and I player highlights the scandal of the housing crisis in this country. We have gone backwards to pre war slums in many areas. Too many people living in terrible conditions while others make a mint out of taxpayers. A recipe for crime, social unrest and poor health.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dunge said:

From what I saw on BBC’s Daily Politics this lunchtime, the SNP or the Greens should be ready to snap him up.

The Greens would jump at the chance to double their number of MPs overnight. Not sure that North Islington is in the SNP's jurisdiction though.

57 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The Greens would jump at the chance to double their number of MPs overnight. Not sure that North Islington is in the SNP's jurisdiction though.

It’s an interesting question actually - would the SNP be able to put forward a candidate in an English constituency, and if not then why not?

2 minutes ago, Dunge said:

It’s an interesting question actually - would the SNP be able to put forward a candidate in an English constituency, and if not then why not?

they are able to 

the only thing that may prevent them is if their party constitution doesn't allow them to stand in seats outside of scotland but i doubt it would 

1 hour ago, Bordersfox said:

Whatever your views on Corbyn this is a ridiculous post.   He's always been a politician of principle which is one of the reasons he has always been so inflexible.  He's taken dogs abuse for years on so many issues, much of it on things (like with Scargill) that later turn out to be manufactured by the right.  He takes virtually no money for expenses unlike the vast majority of MPs.  

He could have quit years ago and made plenty like all ex MPs do via the revolving doors which are open even for those on the left.  

You may dislike his politics but to suggest he is motivated primarily or even largerly by money is just nonsense.

He claimed £229k last year.

The beating of MPs on expenses is stupid really as they pay for staff, travel and offices.

Aside from that Jezza claims his fair share.

23 minutes ago, kenny said:

He claimed £229k last year.

The beating of MPs on expenses is stupid really as they pay for staff, travel and offices.

Aside from that Jezza claims his fair share.

Didn't know that.  There have been years he's been the lowest claimant in parliament and he's certainly never been part of an expenses scandal like some. 

The idea he would carry on simply for the money is a nonsense nonetheless.  There are far easy ways to earn money and as he's always been lambasted for his allotment and his jam making he's hardly the last of the big spenders.  Yes he has a nice house woohoo.   

Expenses have been abused many times with MPs on both sides having been caught with their greedy little snouts in the trough. That is why people use it as a stick to beat them with.  Oversight generally in parliament is awful, on expenses, on the revolving door and so on.  It's a cess pit.  

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Whatever your views on Corbyn this is a ridiculous post.   He's always been a politician of principle which is one of the reasons he has always been so inflexible.  He's taken dogs abuse for years on so many issues, much of it on things (like with Scargill) that later turn out to be manufactured by the right.  He takes virtually no money for expenses unlike the vast majority of MPs.  

He could have quit years ago and made plenty like all ex MPs do via the revolving doors which are open even for those on the left.  

You may dislike his politics but to suggest he is motivated primarily or even largerly by money is just nonsense.

I didn't say it was his primary motive, I said being an MP had been lucrative for him, which it absolutely has, for forty years.

Bully for him for keeping his expenses low (I mean he lives 3 miles from Parliament so it really ought to be the lowest) but other than that his sole achievement in 40 years is giving the Tories their biggest majoirty since Thatcher and Labour's worst performance since 1935.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Panorama on BBC 1 last night  and I player highlights the scandal of the housing crisis in this country. We have gone backwards to pre war slums in many areas. Too many people living in terrible conditions while others make a mint out of taxpayers. A recipe for crime, social unrest and poor health.

And the governments solution seems to be to evict anti social tenants, to where exactly?