Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

9 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Panorama on BBC 1 last night  and I player highlights the scandal of the housing crisis in this country. We have gone backwards to pre war slums in many areas. Too many people living in terrible conditions while others make a mint out of taxpayers. A recipe for crime, social unrest and poor health.

Next crisis along with pensions to look forward too.Where I live it seems every time someone dies,the house goes straight on the market and converted into flats.Or more accurately rooms.No doubt the rent is eye watering.Of course the local council are making full use of this service.

Without even starting on the rights and wrongs of this,I can tell you it’s starting to ruin the community spirit of the place.Before long neighbours will be strangers.The pressure to move further out increases.The whole situation stinks.

Vienna have had a strange policy of making a home a human right and charge subbed rent to most of it’s citizens.

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-65105923

Chinese ambassador on the charm offensive with respect to renewable energy infrastructure in NI, but is it really possible to be that disingenuous and hypocritical when talking about "respect for privacy" and "politicisation of tech companies"?

He does have a point when it comes to the aforementioned energy infrastructure and understanding the younger generation that use TikTok and other such apps, though.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-65093449

And that's what happens when you have 13 years (and counting) of inadequate funding. Odd, that.

Edited by leicsmac

4 hours ago, Lionator said:

They’re going to start sending them to swing seat areas to try and drum up anger in the local areas to get them to vote Tory. 

LOOK AT THIS PROBLEM THE GOVERNMENT CREATED. LABOUR CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO FIX IT SO I'M GOING TO VOTE TORY INSTEAD

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Lionator said:

They’re going to start sending them to swing seat areas to try and drum up anger in the local areas to get them to vote Tory. 

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

LOOK AT THIS PROBLEM THE GOVERNMENT CREATED. LABOUR CAN'T BE TRUSTED TO FIX IT SO I'M GOING TO VOTE TORY INSTEAD

I don't think they're allowed to vote. 

(I know you guys are being jocular)

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This Gwyneth Paltrow trial on sky is fvckin daft. One lawyer is coughing his nuts off and people are smoothing on their masks, 

Is she being tried for false claims of being an "actress"?

On 28/03/2023 at 14:02, Dunge said:

From what I saw on BBC’s Daily Politics this lunchtime, the SNP or the Greens should be ready to snap him up.

I mean geography isn't my strong suite but I'm pretty sure Islington isn't in Scotland. although, critical support for the SNP moving the border right the way down to Kent and abolishing England 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Does seem crazy on the face of it.

That said; I would see a fella at our local swimming baths, who would come out from the shower completely starkers, holding his towel by his side with one hand and holding the hand of his little girl with the other.

He would walk quite slowly and deliberately, if you know what I mean, to a cubicle. No attempt to cover himself no matter if there were others, including children, milling around.

I thought it was out of order.

Mind you, he was hung like a donkey and got the impression he wanted all to see the fact. :huh:

Edited by Free Falling Foxes
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The amount of pervs around nowadays is getting worrisome, took my daughter swimming the other day, went for a shower and this bloke just kept staring at my todger as i walked out the shower. ffs, is nowhere safe.

I'm not sure if this is a serious concern or a laugh lol 

You won't be able to say bloke in a few years time so enjoy it while you can.