Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

22 hours ago, marbles said:

Why why why are you watching it lol

I realised the other day that I was watching it - I’d just flicked onto sky news and wasn’t concentrating 

I only saw one witness (his daughter) but I paid attention long enough to hear her say that her father used to drive across Montana on those long straight roads whilst reading a book !  I mean I wasn’t really listening but this jumped out at me - what chance is she giving her dad to win the case saying stuff like that ! 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Sadly won’t bring the poor girl back but some justice at least and hopefully he won’t be let back out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-65088182

The mother is quoted as saying she’s ‘ecstatic’ at the verdict.  Someone should surely have clarified that with her before splashing it across the media ??  I can only think that she’s (understandably) so wrapped up with rage that being  ‘ecstatic’ that he’s found guilty is appropriate…… I still couldn’t think of using that word in the context of losing my daughter 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The mother is quoted as saying she’s ‘ecstatic’ at the verdict.  Someone should surely have clarified that with her before splashing it across the media ??  I can only think that she’s (understandably) so wrapped up with rage that being  ‘ecstatic’ that he’s found guilty is appropriate…… I still couldn’t think of using that word in the context of losing my daughter 

Yes probably wasn’t quite the usual reaction but maybe she was speaking from the heart rather than a prepared statement.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I realised the other day that I was watching it - I’d just flicked onto sky news and wasn’t concentrating 

I only saw one witness (his daughter) but I paid attention long enough to hear her say that her father used to drive across Montana on those long straight roads whilst reading a book !  I mean I wasn’t really listening but this jumped out at me - what chance is she giving her dad to win the case saying stuff like that ! 

I've not been following it but saw a headline this week, he'd claimed to have become reclusive since the accident. The defence lawyers produced his Facebook photo's of a load of foreign holidays. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, here we go then.

All I'll say is that they better have enough to nail him, because it will be disastrous if they don't. I guess we'll find out.

I don’t necessarily want to see him in jail - but then again, I don’t hate him to the point of letting him consume me.

However, I do hope this puts an end to his 2024 bid so that the Republicans can put up a legit contender, instead of a spoiled man-child

Just now, marbles said:

I don’t necessarily want to see him in jail - but then again, I don’t hate him to the point of letting him consume me.

However, I do hope this puts an end to his 2024 bid so that the Republicans can put up a legit contender, instead of a spoiled man-child

Fair enough.

He certainly seems to want to continue to run in 2024, so I guess we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Fair enough.

He certainly seems to want to continue to run in 2024, so I guess we'll see what happens.

Who would run if he didn’t? It would open it up to DeSantis but he already seems tired of it all. 

I’m thinking DeSantis, with Nikki Haley as his running mate

He is enough like Trump that he should get their support/votes.

He is a career politician, and seems to know which topics to avoid or be noncommittal on (unlike Trump).  Plus add in additional Hispanic and women votes, and he could be a threat.

Of course, you never know.

Trump could continue to prove he’s made of Teflon, and then split the votes with DeSantis, allowing someone else to steal the Republican bid.

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The flag is upside down. Which is a signal of distress.

Is it just me or is that very odd phrasing as well?

”I belong to this flag.”

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

.... does anyone associate jingoistic nationaliam with an overabundance of sanity in any case?

I mostly just wondered whether this was what all the kidz were saying these days.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

"All views are my own and the vast majority of the country" ughhhh what a cvnt. 

... I'm still trying to get my head around the idea of someone actually being proud of the majority of a country being ignorant and/or uncaring of matters out of their line of sight both spatially and temporally (if he is actual correct about it, that is).

Can anyone give some insight?

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

I mostly just wondered whether this was what all the kidz were saying these days.

Nah, this is boomer, not zoomer.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

A fantastic analysis.... MUST WATCH......Hannity

The mini Trump interview between 10 and 11 got me. lol

It is funny knowing that Fox News don’t believe any of what they’re saying either.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm not entirely sure how I'd react if I came home and there was someone asleep in my bed, but I'm certain I wouldn't murder them. It was an age 70+ lady, asleep.

I'd like to think I'd assume they were ill and confused and help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65129157

Sounds like he had serious anger issues and was maybe drunk?

Even worse was that she still alive for a while but he didn't get her any help at all.

Very callous and cold blooded.