Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

13 minutes ago, Dunge said:

The mini Trump interview between 10 and 11 got me. lol

It is funny knowing that Fox News don’t believe any of what they’re saying either.

I just worry that the ideas the guy has purported won't die so easily. Not in this era where those who buy into them don't even have to watch Fox News to have them confirmed.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I just worry that the ideas the guy has purported won't die so easily. Not in this era where those who buy into them don't even have to watch Fox News to have them confirmed.

The most worrying one to me is that there’s a significant number of people still convinced that the election was somehow “stolen”.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dunge said:

The most worrying one to me is that there’s a significant number of people still convinced that the election was somehow “stolen”.

And, as such, these people then feel entitled to use force to install their chosen leader rather than the election process.

The next time the Capitol is stormed with representatives all present, if these people choose to do it, they might not be so disorganised or unlucky.

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm not entirely sure how I'd react if I came home and there was someone asleep in my bed, but I'm certain I wouldn't murder them. It was an age 70+ lady, asleep.

I'd like to think I'd assume they were ill and confused and help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65129157

I know him. I used to own a house a few doors away from his. Staggering that he did what he did... What causes a seemingly ordinary person to commit such an atrocity is beyond me. I'm not aware of him being anything other than a neighbour who exchanged a greeting as we passed...

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sounds like he had serious anger issues and was maybe drunk?

Even worse was that she still alive for a while but he didn't get her any help at all.

Very callous and cold blooded. 

7 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I know him. I used to own a house a few doors away from his. Staggering that he did what he did... What causes a seemingly ordinary person to commit such an atrocity is beyond me. I'm not aware of him being anything other than a neighbour who exchanged a greeting as we passed...

Indeed. I understand if you came home and found a man or male youth in your bed, a fight might break out if they reacted badly to you waking them, if they were up to no good or on drugs. But a wee old lady is a different story completely.

Highly irregular behaviour then jgtuk?

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

Indeed. I understand if you came home and found a man or male youth in your bed, a fight might break out if they reacted badly to you waking them, if they were up to no good or on drugs. But a wee old lady is a different story completely.

Highly irregular behaviour then jgtuk?

Yes, as far as I knew. I wasn't aware of him having a reputation or any kind of history involving violence, although local rumours are that he was a bit of a bully behind closed doors... Seems like gossip though, no real evidence .

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sounds like he had serious anger issues and was maybe drunk?

Even worse was that she still alive for a while but he didn't get her any help at all.

Very callous and cold blooded. 

On the subject of people with anger issues killing somebody in a fit of rage, Pistorius was denied parole today because the board realised that didn't even qualify for consideration. He still might be out within the next few years, however, which seems a horrendously lenient punishment for what he did...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-65141013

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

On the subject of people with anger issues killing somebody in a fit of rage, Pistorius was denied parole today because the board realised that didn't even qualify for consideration. He still might be out within the next few years, however, which seems a horrendously lenient punishment for what he did...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-65141013

Wow, already?

May seem ridiculous, but I would like to see whatever parole board members that release killers or people who hurt children, be responsible for housing the parolee for one year.

Not renting them an apartment, but requiring them to live under the same roof.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The flag is upside down. Which is a signal of distress.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

"All views are my own and the vast majority of the country" ughhhh what a cvnt. 

Spoof account, surely?

I thought the tw@ had closed his verified Twitter. 

10 hours ago, marbles said:

Wow, already?

May seem ridiculous, but I would like to see whatever parole board members that release killers or people who hurt children, be responsible for housing the parolee for one year.

Not renting them an apartment, but requiring them to live under the same roof.

I mean it would be one way to abolish parole boards I suppose.  

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Trump has apparently pleaded guilty to every charge as well as admitted to thousands of other law breaks across 49 other states and other countries.

...including the one involving chickens that hasn't come up since 1894?

12 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean it would be one way to abolish parole boards I suppose.  

Just a little accountability for some questionable decisions, is all I’d like to see

I mean right now it’s “that convicted child killer or rapist is not a threat to society.  Go ahead and release him back into society” - well, how about that society be in your house, with your wife and kids?

In fact, when your day is over - pull around back in your nice car.  The parolees will be lined up with their belongings in a brown paper bag, ready to be picked up and taken home with you.

Edited by marbles

On 01/04/2023 at 01:15, leicsmac said:

And, as such, these people then feel entitled to use force to install their chosen leader rather than the election process.

The next time the Capitol is stormed with representatives all present, if these people choose to do it, they might not be so disorganised or unlucky.

Exhibit A of possibles:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65152112

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

A friend of mine in Kentucky:

"Is Kentucky really so rich in professionals that we can afford to force our teachers out of education, our doctors out of medicine, both out of state?"

I’ve been to Kentucky

It doesn’t take much to be considered rich.

8 minutes ago, marbles said:

I’ve been to Kentucky

It doesn’t take much to be considered rich.

As have I, and I agree - especially the more rural areas.

All the more reason that professionals upping sticks because....reasons, would be worrying.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As have I, and I agree - especially the more rural areas.

All the more reason that professionals upping sticks because....reasons, would be worrying.

I know - I was just being a smartass (hard to believe, but it happens sometimes)

On a more serious note, I never listen to stuff like that.  It’s all short term hyperbole.  I’m sure a couple may leave, about as many that left the country when Obama won, and the when Trump won.   Somewhere around  2 would be my best guess.

Edited by marbles

2 minutes ago, marbles said:

I know - I was just being a smartass (hard to believe, but it happens sometimes)

On a more serious note, I never listen to stuff like that.  It’s all short term hyperbole.  I’m sure a couple may leave, about as many that left the country when Obama won, and the when Trump won.   Somewhere around  2 would be my best guess.

Hmmm...the person who said this is an ex-Marine and not usually given to hyperbole. She's seen quite a bit, and I'd trust her on this.

I would add that what kind of reasonable family planning doctor would want to work in Kentucky or somewhere similar right now, if they could go elsewhere?

• Like 1

Australia has shifted from a conservative held country.. to now there being only 1 state still voting Liberal  (Conservative). This is a generational change, I dont expect to see that aussie Tories in power for ten years.. if ever again

The world has turned its back on th greed of neo capitalism and the corrupt media that feeds it

Edit 1 hour later.. just saw this news story...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-02/sa-government-reaches-deal-to-scrap-train-tram-privatisation/102177190

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 3