Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Two stories about these child grooming gangs over the space of two days. Glad to see one conviction and the other subject to trial but as a parent it’s horrific to see these exist!

C4DAFA2A-FE8D-4A0E-B9F3-AFA38BE59B67.jpeg

992D13D9-82A2-4F07-A76B-2DE9FC1543A9.jpeg

None of these cvnts should ever see daylight again, never mind walk among us. 

Same as that scumbag in Cambridgeshire, took 7 god damn years to put him away. 7 YEARS. 

42 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

So if you get a funny noise on your phone at 3pm on the 23rd don’t panic!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65178240

This will happen at half-time in the Bournemouth v West Ham and Newcastle v Spurs matches......could be mayhem with 50,000 phone sirens going off at St. James' Park. lol

The match at Newcastle will be live on Sky, so could be worth watching just for the siren mayhem - particularly if someone conceals a phone in the Sky studio, as happened with MOTD....

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I see Tommy ten names and his fans aren't going nuts about these child grooming rings. Wonder why.

Because they've moved on to bigger fish to fry, ever wonder why the media and the powers that be discredit him so much?  

• Haha 1

The issue isn’t that there is any higher prevalence of this awful crime in any particular ethnic group, the issue - and why it’s being used as a political football - is because in some cases there is evidence that police and social services were scared to act because they feared being called racist.  Notwithstanding that racists are indeed taking advantage of that fact to do their thing.

There has not been much information in press coverage about details of the abuse. Considering the numbers of similar surnames, I would speculate this is pure sex abuse of young children rather than grooming (as previously implied). I think an important difference, although the abhorrence of the crimes is similar 

1 hour ago, oxford blue said:

There has not been much information in press coverage about details of the abuse. Considering the numbers of similar surnames, I would speculate this is pure sex abuse of young children rather than grooming (as previously implied). I think an important difference, although the abhorrence of the crimes is similar 

Err, why? Having been groomed and raped, and just raped, I can tell you there’s next to fvck all difference in what happens, how it makes you feel, and the ramifications for the victim.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I'm reading the BBC thread on this now and the reports from the court hearing. 

It's gripping stuff. I couldn't be a juror in this case. The emotions, the doubts, the potential hate towards Letsby. The potential for her to be innocent, albeit slim. I'd struggle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I see Tommy ten names and his fans aren't going nuts about these child grooming rings. Wonder why.

I expect he's driven to sort all this out because of his guilt at forming an organisation with a surprising number of convicted sex offenders in its hierarchy.

What are the chances? Just plain unlucky, Stephen

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I'm reading the BBC thread on this now and the reports from the court hearing. 

It's gripping stuff. I couldn't be a juror in this case. The emotions, the doubts, the potential hate towards Letsby. The potential for her to be innocent, albeit slim. I'd struggle.

I don’t know anything about this other than the posted article.

Is there more stuff that points to her guilt?  Not saying she isn’t guilty, but just by reading that article, I could have doubts.

Whats the story with the other children?

6 hours ago, oxford blue said:

What ? 

3 hours ago, marbles said:

I don’t know anything about this other than the posted article.

Is there more stuff that points to her guilt?  Not saying she isn’t guilty, but just by reading that article, I could have doubts.

Whats the story with the other children?

I think it's just the sheer number of deaths under her supervision. It far outweighs any possibility that it was simply down to sheer chance. I believe there was 14 deaths/near deaths in the space of a year when the expected number would be 2 or 3.

Edited by Lionator
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I think it's just the sheer number of deaths under her supervision. It far outweighs any possibility that it was simply down to sheer chance. I believe there was 14 deaths/near deaths in the space of a year when the expected number would be 2 or 3.

Wasn’t she caught almost red handed at one point too?

From what I’ve read, the chances of her being innocent are statistically minuscule. 

Not all bad news...

Australia's Great Barrier Reef shows best signs of coral recovery in 36 years

Assorted reef fish swim above a staghorn coral colony as it grows on the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Australia.
Assorted reef fish swim above a staghorn coral colony as it grows on the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Australia.   -  Copyright  REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
By Jill Pole  with Reuters  •   16/08/2022

Two-thirds of Australia's Great Barrier Reef showed the largest amount of coral cover in 36 years. 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/08/04/australias-great-barrier-reef-shows-best-signs-of-coral-recovery-in-36-years

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

Oddly enough, barely ever mentioned in the news:

8 hours ago, Otis said:

Not all bad news...

Australia's Great Barrier Reef shows best signs of coral recovery in 36 years

Assorted reef fish swim above a staghorn coral colony as it grows on the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Australia.
Assorted reef fish swim above a staghorn coral colony as it grows on the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Cairns, Australia.   -  Copyright  REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
By Jill Pole  with Reuters  •   16/08/2022

Two-thirds of Australia's Great Barrier Reef showed the largest amount of coral cover in 36 years. 

https://www.euronews.com/green/2022/08/04/australias-great-barrier-reef-shows-best-signs-of-coral-recovery-in-36-years

I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on this.

Time to have a look on Google Scholar and have a deep dive (pun intended) to find out what's going on.