Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

4 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Jack Teixeira potentially looking at 20yrs, what a tw4t lol

Sounds like entirely daft motivation too if early reports are to believed.

What's been leaked does make for an interesting read, however. Often that particular world is far too murky and more importantly far too unaccountable to the people it says it is protecting.

On 15/02/2023 at 09:08, samlcfc said:

All the unclassified information about the objects shot down the US recently for those that are interested. From the congressional hearing

On 21/03/2023 at 16:44, samlcfc said:

For anyone who thought this was an interesting topic, Congress are looking at having more hearings in April.

Source

Considering I posted the above and there was some interest when this was in the news, I thought I might as well note that the hearings in congress have been scheduled for 19th April.

Closed hearings to examine the mission, activities, oversight, and budget of the All-Domain Anomaly Resolution Office; to be immediately followed by open session in SR-232A.

Wouldn't expect to hear a whole lot in the open hearing, although Senator Gillibrand will be asking the questions and she's been pretty fired up about this whole subject the last couple years.

Could be interesting.

Edited by samlcfc

It's an example of trying to impress his friends when he thought it wouldn't go too far..

Perhaps it's even a good thing, in making the authorities to understand that this example shows that they need more stringent security measures with such essential national security documents.

Edited by Wymsey

25 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/bomb-threat-made-to-budweisers-van-nuys-factory/

American conservatives being very normal about a tiktok advert...

edward-norton-i-am-jacks-complete-lack-o

It would be darkly amusing if it wasn't for the fact that such people both have the elective power to dictate policy to the rest of the US and the motivation to actually carry out such threats. That just makes it rather scary.

Still puzzles me why the US is such an outlier in the OECD countries when it comes to religious fundies and the power they have.

32 minutes ago, marbles said:

Not just about the advert….

I mean, I know it's because American conservatives are incredibly violently anti LGBTQ and driven by an absurd level of irrational hatred to the point that a trans woman doing anything drives them into a murderous frenzy, but I thought I'd be generous 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, I know it's because American conservatives are incredibly violently anti LGBTQ and driven by an absurd level of irrational hatred to the point that a trans woman doing anything drives them into a murderous frenzy, but I thought I'd be generous 

Well, you’d be incorrect about what’s going on - but to admit any differently would go against the agenda you apparently want to push.

Yes, transphobes we’re mad.  They are always mad, but they don’t have the ability or numbers to tank a stock by 8 billion in a couple days (8 Billion and counting).

The transphobes came out, threw a hissy fit (as usual) and that was it.  Then the “genius” Marketing VP for AB made a statement.  
A normal person would have said “look, we are a business and want to grow our brand”.  Is that what this person did?  Nope.  She talked bad about their own customer base - the same base that has made them far and away the number 1 beer distributor in this country.   That who is mad now.

I now ask you, where are the reports of bomb threats to every other company in this country that has embraced the trans community?  Let me know if you need a list of those that have openly embraced them.

and for the record, it’s not just one side that has shown a propensity for an absurd level of violence - but that’s a discussion for another time.

Edited by marbles

27 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Marketing is a bit different nowadays I'll give them that. 

Bud Light Real Men of Genius Tagline hed 2022.jpg

If you’ve never seen one of those commercials, look some up on YouTube - they were ridiculous and hilarious back in the day

8 hours ago, marbles said:

Well, you’d be incorrect about what’s going on - but to admit any differently would go against the agenda you apparently want to push.

Yes, transphobes we’re mad.  They are always mad, but they don’t have the ability or numbers to tank a stock by 8 billion in a couple days (8 Billion and counting).

The transphobes came out, threw a hissy fit (as usual) and that was it.  Then the “genius” Marketing VP for AB made a statement.  
A normal person would have said “look, we are a business and want to grow our brand”.  Is that what this person did?  Nope.  She talked bad about their own customer base - the same base that has made them far and away the number 1 beer distributor in this country.   That who is mad now.

I now ask you, where are the reports of bomb threats to every other company in this country that has embraced the trans community?  Let me know if you need a list of those that have openly embraced them.

and for the record, it’s not just one side that has shown a propensity for an absurd level of violence - but that’s a discussion for another time.

I'm not incorrect though. there is a legislative genocide going on in America with multiple states trying to ban internationally recognised best practice in healthcare because they don't like it. Florida is simultaneously calling drag a sexual offence against children (and remember, they consider trans people to just be doing drag constantly) while introducing the death penalty for sexual offences against children, and if you think this will be used against the litany of youth pastors who fiddle kids and isn't just an attempt to make being trans a capital offence, I've got a bridge to sell you.

you misrepresent her statement; she said that market share was in decline and their reputation was preventing it from growing in other demographics, so the plan was to try and shed the reputation of being just for frat bros and to try and broaden their market. this is the basic role of marketing within free market capitalism and is entirely uncontroversial to anyone who hasn't melted their brains with an absurd level of hatred for people minding their own business (and presenting self defence as violence?)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'm not incorrect though. there is a legislative genocide going on in America with multiple states trying to ban internationally recognised best practice in healthcare because they don't like it. Florida is simultaneously calling drag a sexual offence against children (and remember, they consider trans people to just be doing drag constantly) while introducing the death penalty for sexual offences against children, and if you think this will be used against the litany of youth pastors who fiddle kids and isn't just an attempt to make being trans a capital offence, I've got a bridge to sell you.

you misrepresent her statement; she said that market share was in decline and their reputation was preventing it from growing in other demographics, so the plan was to try and shed the reputation of being just for frat bros and to try and broaden their market. this is the basic role of marketing within free market capitalism and is entirely uncontroversial to anyone who hasn't melted their brains with an absurd level of hatred for people minding their own business (and presenting self defence as violence?)

No bud, you are taking one aspect of the issue and using that to push your agenda, as if nothing else was in play.  

I misrepresented nothing.   She clearly stated she wanted to change the image from just being for frat boys, when that was never the image.  
As I said, she should have simply stated how they were trying to grow the brand, and attract a bigger demographic.  Instead, she chose to demean their current customer base - and how’s  that working out?  I imagine your belief is that it’s working out good, because it gave you the opportunity to point in one direction and hope everyone was too stupid to look in the other.

The point you were/are trying to make is that this comes down to only 1 thing - hatred of a group of people.  My point is that the hatred was only the beginning, but not the reason it’s blown up.  
I personally don’t care if you like it, or agree with it.   Keep your head planted firmly in the sand for all I care.  It’s your right.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Florida has always been a bit nuts politically considering on the face of it you would expect it to be majority democrat.  Still, last time I looked, sexualized drag acts where never for under 18s, and making out that is it now fine to have a bloke in drag doing crazy shit in front of kids because trans is really ****ing weird.  If a woman dressed like a stripper was doing it, it would never be accepted.  If you want to have a sensible conversation about trans rights and not have silly examples like this thrown back at you, perhaps consider that some of this stuff is just wrong.

Edited by Jon the Hat

10 minutes ago, marbles said:

So strange.

She had to know they had this note, so why even try to deny anything?

I think she has some serious issues, the contents of those notes suggest that she doesn't always know what she's done. I wouldn't want to offer an opinion on what's wrong with her, but her actions and her behaviour are not those of a normal human being.

• Like 2