Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

On 17/04/2023 at 08:40, Jon the Hat said:

Florida has always been a bit nuts politically considering on the face of it you would expect it to be majority democrat.  Still, last time I looked, sexualized drag acts where never for under 18s, and making out that is it now fine to have a bloke in drag doing crazy shit in front of kids because trans is really ****ing weird.  If a woman dressed like a stripper was doing it, it would never be accepted.  If you want to have a sensible conversation about trans rights and not have silly examples like this thrown back at you, perhaps consider that some of this stuff is just wrong.

lol 

Why should you see a Brishtish Pantomime this Chirstmas?

A pantomime dame is a traditional role in British and Irish pantomime. It is part of the theatrical tradition of travesti portrayal of female characters by male actors in drag. Dame characters are often played either in an extremely camp style, or else by men acting butch in women's clothing. They usually wear heavy make up and big hair, have exaggerated physical features, and perform in an over-the-top style.

Edited by ozleicester

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

lol 

Why should you see a Brishtish Pantomime this Chirstmas?

A pantomime dame is a traditional role in British and Irish pantomime. It is part of the theatrical tradition of travesti portrayal of female characters by male actors in drag. Dame characters are often played either in an extremely camp style, or else by men acting butch in women's clothing. They usually wear heavy make up and big hair, have exaggerated physical features, and perform in an over-the-top style.

Missing the point as usual.  No gyrating or pole dancing then?  Hmm how could this possibly be different.  I haven't seen any Pantomine dame story hours being boycotted?

22 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Missing the point as usual.  No gyrating or pole dancing then?  Hmm how could this possibly be different.  I haven't seen any Pantomine dame story hours being boycotted?

Do you really think that deSantis and the fundies involved with him, as well as those in other parts of the US, would or will stop just at "explicit" drag acts (and no one with even a vague amount of power is suggesting that they be shown to kids anyway)?

I don't think so and I'd be curious to know why anyone would.

Edit: and as an aside, I'll say again that the reason the fundies in the US and the Taliban hate each other so much is that they look in the mirror and see each other, and they don't like it. Only room for one religious ideology at the top, after all, even though the intent of both ideologies is pretty much the same.

Edited by leicsmac

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

No gyrating or pole dancing then?  Hmm how could this possibly be different.

lol What on earth do you think goes on at a Drag story telling at the Library ?  lol

Have you attended one? do you have ANY IDEA AT ALL or do you just read News Ltd and Watch Sky/Fox news for all of your information?

As someone who's grandchild has regularly attended Drag Queen Story events here in Perth, i can reliably inform you, the events are simple colourful and entertaining stories presented by wonderfully articulate and caring people, and the dozens who attend will be more likely  to grow up to be compassionate caring people rather than hatefilled fearmongers. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

a wholesale lack of understanding at a Thracian level. 

lol i Thought i was harsh and offensive when i called him "Trumpian"... Thrac?... youve gone to a whole new (and accurate) level lol 

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

lol i Thought i was harsh and offensive when i called him "Trumpian"... Thrac?... youve gone to a whole new (and accurate) level lol 

Tony was the last person I remember who was obsessed by the gays to a rather suspicious level. Jon is swirling the same tedious plug hole.  

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Tony was the last person I remember who was obsessed by the gays to a rather suspicious level. Jon is swirling the same tedious plug hole.  

True enough, although personally i like to hear what bigots think so im aware of what we are dealing with... I listen to talkback radio for the same reason.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Do you really think that deSantis and the fundies involved with him, as well as those in other parts of the US, would or will stop just at "explicit" drag acts (and no one with even a vague amount of power is suggesting that they be shown to kids anyway)?

I don't think so and I'd be curious to know why anyone would.

Edit: and as an aside, I'll say again that the reason the fundies in the US and the Taliban hate each other so much is that they look in the mirror and see each other, and they don't like it. Only room for one religious ideology at the top, after all, even though the intent of both ideologies is pretty much the same.

Usa helped to create and strengthen the talibán and other wahabi deobandi groups (as a Muslim, these groups are the equivalent of saying zionism is Judaism. Apples to oranges). 

You all don't know about it but originally, the British empire supported the wahabis, and still do (just look at Saudi uk relations) with the goal of destroying the Middle East and causing terror to make the ottoman empire fall. That's what happened. 

The wahabis have destroyed a lot of our holy cities, and have killed millions of Muslims. Before talking about the effects of wahabi terrorism in the west, remember, we're the ones who have been terrorized since the 19th century by those western backed animals. And besides destroying the Ottoman empire, Britain wanted oil. 

If we're serious about destroying wahabi terrorism, relations with Saudi Arabia would have already been cut. This will never happen. They are modernists, and since this subject and massive problem is modern, well, there must be modern solutions for it, but it's also important for the true history to be revealed. Unfortunately this will never change. It's beneficial to the west to let these terrorists write their own narrative. They mutually benefit each other. 

Look up Reagan and the afghan "freedom fighters" in the white house. I feel awful for Afghanis though. 99% of them are against these terrorists, but the great difference is that the deobandi terrorists are well armed with western weapons.. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Usa helped to create and strengthen the talibán and other wahabi deobandi groups (as a Muslim, these groups are the equivalent of saying zionism is Judaism. Apples to oranges). 

You all don't know about it but originally, the British empire supported the wahabis, and still do (just look at Saudi uk relations) with the goal of destroying the Middle East and causing terror to make the ottoman empire fall. That's what happened. 

The wahabis have destroyed a lot of our holy cities, and have killed millions of Muslims. Before talking about the effects of wahabi terrorism in the west, remember, we're the ones who have been terrorized since the 19th century by those western backed animals. And besides destroying the Ottoman empire, Britain wanted oil. 

If we're serious about destroying wahabi terrorism, relations with Saudi Arabia would have already been cut. This will never happen. They are modernists, and since this subject and massive problem is modern, well, there must be modern solutions for it, but it's also important for the true history to be revealed. Unfortunately this will never change. It's beneficial to the west to let these terrorists write their own narrative. They mutually benefit each other. 

Look up Reagan and the afghan "freedom fighters" in the white house. I feel awful for Afghanis though. 99% of them are against these terrorists, but the great difference is that the deobandi terrorists are well armed with western weapons.. 

I know something of this history, and I have no reason whatsoever to doubt what you say here. It's an incredibly sorry and needless story all round.

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I know something of this history, and I have no reason whatsoever to doubt what you say here. It's an incredibly sorry and needless story all round.

Yep. I hope to not have sounded disrespectful, but the British government (not the British people, or American people) has to recognize its role in all of this. If we let the terrorists write their own narratives and believe them well we're part of the problem for sure. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really disappointing. I wanted all Fox's secrets coming out with bombshell testimonies. 

Not fair.

yes, id really prefer it to go through the courts, but those evil pricks know better than to allow that. Although all of the already released info about the hosts and producers knowingly  spreading lies has been informative, doubt it will change the minds of the ignorant though.

There is still the chance with the other suit....but i wont be suprised if they settle that as well.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really disappointing. I wanted all Fox's secrets coming out with bombshell testimonies. 

Not fair.

Would have been good seeing that ageing cnut Murdoch having to give evidence. But money talks and he's able to hush people including politicians pretty quickly

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

So Rebekah Vardy has now copyright protected the phrase “Wagatha Christie”

she wasn’t even the one who came up with it :rolleyes:

Perhaps she'll change her name by deed poll to Wagatha Christie?

Such trolling could boost her social media  profile and earn her a money-spinning place on I'm a Celebrity. It's the obvious next step, Rebekah.....er, I mean, Wagatha.