Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

7 hours ago, MPH said:

So Rebekah Vardy has now copyright protected the phrase “Wagatha Christie”

she wasn’t even the one who came up with it :rolleyes:

It's.......................Rebekah Vardys?............................trademark!.

21 hours ago, ozleicester said:

lol What on earth do you think goes on at a Drag story telling at the Library ?  lol

Have you attended one? do you have ANY IDEA AT ALL or do you just read News Ltd and Watch Sky/Fox news for all of your information?

As someone who's grandchild has regularly attended Drag Queen Story events here in Perth, i can reliably inform you, the events are simple colourful and entertaining stories presented by wonderfully articulate and caring people, and the dozens who attend will be more likely  to grow up to be compassionate caring people rather than hatefilled fearmongers. 

Do some twitter searches, the videos are out there.  The point being, if you dismiss the argument as you are, then you align with the extremes instead of pointing out that the majority of this is completely harmless.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do some twitter searches, the videos are out there.  The point being, if you dismiss the argument as you are, then you align with the extremes instead of pointing out that the majority of this is completely harmless.

Did a search on twitter, found stories about right wing haters beating up innocent people and about nutjobs threatening to kill then being convicted of hate crimes. Perhaps I should search on "truth social" or other sites people like you frequent ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Did a search on twitter, found stories about right wing haters beating up innocent people and about nutjobs threatening to kill then being convicted of hate crimes. Perhaps I should search on "truth social" or other sites people like you frequent ?

Guess your news feed didn’t include what went on in Chicago.  May want to broaden your horizons, and see what BOTH sides are capable of

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Well at least we know twitter continues to show you what you want to see :)  I only use twitter, although the for you stream is a bit random.

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Just no. No on such a spectacular level. 

I don't know the specifics of Croydon's situation but even if it's the absolute worst case scenario from Labour and that a double whammy of their own local incompetence AND Labour governmental policy caused their problems, it's still one stand out example. 

Local authorities across the board are vastly, vastly worse off under Conservative government and always will be by nature. 

They have certainly cut a lot of funding, and also failed to fix some shocking funding formulae, including the one Rishi was talking about in East Grinstead I think it was - somewhere wealthy with pockets of poverty where schools get really unfairly low funding.

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Just no. No on such a spectacular level. 

I don't know the specifics of Croydon's situation but even if it's the absolute worst case scenario from Labour and that a double whammy of their own local incompetence AND Labour governmental policy caused their problems, it's still one stand out example. 

Local authorities across the board are vastly, vastly worse off under Conservative government and always will be by nature. 

Sorry, I was referring more to the use of failed propaganda. 

Although, I think it needs looking at across the board. I don’t think you can tar them all with the same brush, be it labour, conservative etc. It is more down to the local levels to some degree, on how they spend money. Some are more inline with the local community than others. Also long term strategy, can come at the cost of short term hardship etc etc 

Every government we’ve ever had has done some stupid stuff, likewise they’ve done positive stuff as well. The frustrating things have always been the inability to be empathetic, whoever is in power. You need to be in touch with the people, however no one person will be universally liked.

Like all walks of life, people generally are remembered for the “not so positive” stuff they did. Aka Blair and Iraq, or Conservatives and the entirety of Boris’ tenure.

More Tory sleaze then - specifically in relation to Dominic Raab. A report into claims he bullied staff is imminent. Surprised he's lasted this long; he does give off the impression that he's a nasty individual.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

More Tory sleaze then - specifically in relation to Dominic Raab. A report into claims he bullied staff is imminent. Surprised he's lasted this long; he does give off the impression that he's a nasty individual.

I’m surprised Sunak went for him to be honest. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I play poker with a couple of people who were at school with him. Even back then, apparently, he was absolutely loathsome. You know how some kids will latch onto bullies in order to able to be able to join in the bullying while being complete wimps themselves who wouldn't last five minutes on their own? Think along those lines...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Anytime Raab pops up again I give this a watch😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What do people think about AL being involved in the future?

Reckon it'll be a threat, in many ways.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65333115

- Politicians or celebs being made out to say things they haven’t.

- Politicians or celebs claiming videos of them saying or doing embarrassing things are fake.

- Criminals stating evidence on them is AI fakery.

- Criminals giving themselves alibis through AI fakery.

- Extremists presenting “evidence” for their cause that isn’t real.

I worry what’s awaiting us, but there’s no closing Pandora’s Box now.