Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, Dunge said:

- Politicians or celebs being made out to say things they haven’t.

- Politicians or celebs claiming videos of them saying or doing embarrassing things are fake.

- Criminals stating evidence on them is AI fakery.

- Criminals giving themselves alibis through AI fakery.

- Extremists presenting “evidence” for their cause that isn’t real.

I worry what’s awaiting us, but there’s no closing Pandora’s Box now.

Yeah, this is about right.

There's a whole shitload of issues that will come from the ascendancy of AI, but it can't be stopped so the onus has to be on better recognition techniques that will pick between AI and "real" footage.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sly said:

I’m surprised Sunak went for him to be honest. 

As with Braverman, these things are a balance between him having people he actually wants in his cabinet and having people who have a large chunk of support.  Raab for reasons unknown to humankind seems to have some of that support.  You half think a terrible report helps Sunak to oust people he doesn't want.  He is probably waiting to be able to get rid of Braverman.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

'sets a dangerous precedent' so there's more, a whole lot more, presumably? 

Think that's the bit that's winding people up the most. Getting rid of bullies isn't a dangerous precedent, it should be standard practice. And the bar for it should be set low, there's absolutely zero need for bullying, if you can't manage people without being a muppet, then you shouldn't be managing people. Literally that easy. 

• Like 2

We’ve all had a boss like Raab. Naturally pretty thick but looks down on you, intimidates you into doing things their way and if you challenge it, they intimidate you even further. Clearly the guy has personal issues which he takes out on other people, a horrible man and thank Christ he’s out of government. His resignation letter tells you all you need to know about the numpty. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We’ve all had a boss like Raab. Naturally pretty thick but looks down on you, intimidates you into doing things their way and if you challenge it, they intimidate you even further. Clearly the guy has personal issues which he takes out on other people, a horrible man and thank Christ he’s out of government. His resignation letter tells you all you need to know about the numpty. 

Also worth remembering as well that he couldn't be arsed to return from his hols during the shambles of the Afghan evactuation when he was Foreign Secretary.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

His resignation statement had the exact tone that you would expect from a bully.

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He already did in Salisbury. But an actual ‘attack’ is just not gonna happen, like cmon. 

Nah, let's not play down the Russian and/or Chinese boogeyman because they really are threatening and so focusing on them at the expense of other threats and areas is the right thing to do.

.........right?

20 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Also worth remembering as well that he couldn't be arsed to return from his hols during the shambles of the Afghan evactuation when he was Foreign Secretary.

Along with having not read the Good Friday Agreement when he was Brexit Secretary

29 minutes ago, l444ry said:

The whole Raab affair and letting him control the media agenda shows again what a lightweight cretin of a PM Sunak is. 

He doesn't have a lot of gravitas as such, but by various accounts Number 10 is being run more professionally than it has been for years, and he is 100% on top of the facts while also being able to delegate.  If anything then I think he is not a typical heavyweight, but I'm not sure fair to call him lightweight.  Meanwhile I think with Raab he has played it about as well as he could have - due process had to be followed, and once the report came out he has acted swiftly.  Raab can say what he likes to the media, he is gone, his frontline political career is done.

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

He doesn't have a lot of gravitas as such, but by various accounts Number 10 is being run more professionally than it has been for years, and he is 100% on top of the facts while also being able to delegate.  If anything then I think he is not a typical heavyweight, but I'm not sure fair to call him lightweight.  Meanwhile I think with Raab he has played it about as well as he could have - due process had to be followed, and once the report came out he has acted swiftly.  Raab can say what he likes to the media, he is gone, his frontline political career is done.

He’ll be back within 12 months having ‘learnt his lesson’ like the rest of them.

• Sad 1