Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

6 hours ago, Nick said:

I doubt they play football at the school he attended.

Wrong Tory. He is one of those thick Tories that wasnt clever enough to end up in a fee paying school for kids with wealthy parents and had to settle for passing exams to get in.

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He doesn't have a lot of gravitas as such, but by various accounts Number 10 is being run more professionally than it has been for years, and he is 100% on top of the facts while also being able to delegate.  If anything then I think he is not a typical heavyweight, but I'm not sure fair to call him lightweight.  Meanwhile I think with Raab he has played it about as well as he could have - due process had to be followed, and once the report came out he has acted swiftly.  Raab can say what he likes to the media, he is gone, his frontline political career is done.

Calling Starmer Sir Softy twice in PMQ's is straight out of the Johnson Playbook. Nah Jon. He's lightweight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

He doesn't have a lot of gravitas as such, but by various accounts Number 10 is being run more professionally than it has been for years, and he is 100% on top of the facts while also being able to delegate.  If anything then I think he is not a typical heavyweight, but I'm not sure fair to call him lightweight.  Meanwhile I think with Raab he has played it about as well as he could have - due process had to be followed, and once the report came out he has acted swiftly.  Raab can say what he likes to the media, he is gone, his frontline political career is done.

He did nothing of the sort,  the report was delivered to him on Thursday morning and a strong PM would have had Raab straight in his room to be told he was sacked.  No Sunak,  let Raab control the narrative by resigning the next day.  He has also allowed Raab to trash the the report and CS,  any strong PM would now be withdrawing the Whip.

To be fair to the PM though,  his party is pretty much ungovernable currently and  I doubt whether Churchill could have done much of a job with it in its current state. 

Edited by Robo61
  • Like 1

I don’t dislike Sunak. He seems basically competent and inoffensive, and he was the only one in the Conservative leadership contest with any clue about the economy. (I’m still amazed the membership voted for Liz Truss. Liz. Truss.) But the Conservatives need a clearout of an increasingly arrogant right wing and Sunak doesn’t look like the person to do it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Diane Abbott suspended for being a massive racist.

Starmer taking swift action, unlike Sunak.

Abbotts excuse pathetic. Claiming it was due to a first draft being sent. The whole letter is in response to an article about racism not just being between blacks and whites and how it sometimes targets other group. She disputes it and the whole letter is her disputing it, so not sure what other draft she could have sent in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Starmer taking swift action, unlike Sunak.

Abbotts excuse pathetic. Claiming it was due to a first draft being sent. The whole letter is in response to an article about racism not just being between blacks and whites and how it sometimes targets other group. She disputes it and the whole letter is her disputing it, so not sure what other draft she could have sent in.

She could at least have just said she wrote it while drinking on the tube.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milo said:

Monumentally stupid going anywhere near such a subject and taking focus off Raab 

Can't believe I've just seen Diane Abbott and monumentally stupid in the same sentence.

She is just a completely stupid woman who doesn't learn from her mistakes. There are different types of racism. Do these politicians not have media training or people that tell them what is or isn't acceptable to say.

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Liking going 1-0 up and letting a goal in straight away

Well not really as it shown the difference in strong, decisive leadership in one party and the weak, indecisive leadership of the other. Labour, as soon as aware of it suspended her, the Tories when made aware of the finding of the Raab report let him decide to resign. We were aware of this under Johnson and now its continuing under Sunak.

• Like 1

It’s so dumb. Her argument was literally “I don’t think Jews and the Irish ever really experienced racism as they were never banned from sitting on a certain seat in a bus or sold into slavery.” I mean, that’s because they were being murdered and massacred based on their ethnicity…

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

I remember Abbot complaining about foreign nurses in London who were only here "to improve their English", so I don't what people expect. Deeply unpleasant woman. 

About 15 years ago she was on national tv saying "On balance Mao did more good than harm". That should have been the end of her then. She's vile.

48 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

You have to be more careful what you say in the social media outrage age. 

In relation to Dianne Abbott? Nothing to do with social media. Her comments were monumentally stupid and deliberately sent to the Observer.

• Like 2