Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It's astonishing that Stone was ever convicted. I don’t really have a strong view on Bellfield’s guilt as there is little evidence, as yet, to support it. However I’ve always felt that Stone’s conviction was unsafe. Literally the only evidence against him is a highly improbable cell 'confession' to Damien Daley, himself a convicted murderer as well as a known liar. Daley has apparently been overheard on several occasions saying that he lied about Stone's confession.

It's interesting that Stone apparently walks freely in the main wing at Frankland prison - completely unheard of for somebody convicted of child murder. Obviously this doesn't prove anything, but it seems that the rest of the prison population also believes that he didn't do it.

One day this case is going to be as notorious as Colin Stagg's wrongful conviction for murdering Rachel Nickell.

The recurring theme of all such miscarriages is the intransigence of the justice system.

I suppose like most organisations it is systemically designed to protect itself. 

Whether it's the U.S. or the U.K. it seems once convicted the entire energy of the system itself is directed at making sure that conviction is not overturned.  Even where it becomes apparent to most right thinking people that the wrong person has been found guilty. 

Surely the system, and the appeals system, should be there to make sure the right person is convicted not to protect its own cock ups.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Richard Sharp resigns as BBC Chairman. Of course he's reading a statement sayinh "I'm resigning even though the rules I broke really aren't so bad" lol

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-65338490

Embarrassing, if it was Berlusconi, Erdogan or Putin, we’d quite rightly call it corruption. There must be so much illegal stuff that Johnson did with his power which we don’t know about yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Embarrassing, if it was Berlusconi, Erdogan or Putin, we’d quite rightly call it corruption. There must be so much illegal stuff that Johnson did with his power which we don’t know about yet. 

2010-2020 will be looked back on in years to come as the time that corrupt government behaviour became typical and accepted across the developed world.

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It's worrying that this sort of individual is around..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65425662

This reminds me of when my brother's firm awarded some sort of work placement to a bloke from overseas and on arrival he promptly started making explosive devices in the office kitchen and within about 3 days committed a racist murder.

It's safe to say that nobody had seen that coming

Edited by Bellend Sebastian
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

This reminds me of when my brother's firm awarded some sort of work placement to a bloke from overseas and on arrival he promptly started making explosive devices in the office kitchen and within about 3 days committed a racist murder.

It's safe to say that nobody had seen that coming

I’ve said sorry, I don’t know what more I can do. I deeply misjudged the situation and thought that’s what they were after.

8 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’ve said sorry, I don’t know what more I can do. I deeply misjudged the situation and thought that’s what they were after.

In all other aspects, a model employee.

I assume they've made some changes to their recruitment process since.

"Are you planning any racist murders? y/n"

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

In all other aspects, a model employee.

I assume they've made some changes to their recruitment process since.

"Are you planning any racist murders? y/n"

That’s how they catch you out when you go to America. Bloody ‘are you or have you ever been a terrorist on drugs’ question. Gets me every time. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Facecloth said:

"The museum later placed a new banana in its spot"

So it's no longer an original thenlol

Replaced every 3 days usually.  It's almost like it's just a banana.  This shit is bananas - B - A - N - A - N- A- S!

Cvnts

Government tax advisor uses government info to help corporate scum avoid tax...

THE PARTNERS WERE AWARE HE WAS LEAKING AND PRAISED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time for a real revolution, eat the rich burn everything etc.

image.thumb.png.85f9e1b926e377431fef3d4e29f57a18.png

56 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Cvnts

Government tax advisor uses government info to help corporate scum avoid tax...

THE PARTNERS WERE AWARE HE WAS LEAKING AND PRAISED HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its time for a real revolution, eat the rich burn everything etc.

image.thumb.png.85f9e1b926e377431fef3d4e29f57a18.png

I am i must say completely unsurprised.  In Tax in particular I find the relationships between the big 4 and treasuries to be a bit weird.  Consulted on changes, but then they work for their clients on ensuring they pay only the required tax, so a clear conflict of interest.   In this case there would have been a lot of consultation globally with Big4 and also business on the practicalities - Tax has to be appropriate and able to be calculated in a transparent way so consultation is required. Bit of a vicious circle.

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

Stories like this are great because you can smoke out racists with how they react to this story.

You can bet there are people registered on this forum frothing at the mouth with rage at this news, ready to never again drink a pint from brewers who refused to supply them. And that is because they are massive racist apologists.

There is no in-between with a story like this, either you're happy at this news or you're a bigot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Stories like this are great because you can smoke out racists with how they react to this story.

You can bet there are people registered on this forum frothing at the mouth with rage at this news, ready to never again drink a pint from brewers who refused to supply them. And that is because they are massive racist apologists.

There is no in-between with a story like this, either you're happy at this news or you're a bigot.

A clear case of people voting with their feet.  Well done people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65307770

"Five members of the far-right Proud Boys, including former leader Enrique Tarrio, face decades in prison after being found guilty for their role in the January 6 US Capitol riot.

Four were convicted of seditious conspiracy, and all five were found guilty of obstructing official proceedings, alongside other felonies.

.The most serious charges carry penalties of up to 20 years in prison."

Well, it's a start.

• Like 1