Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How can we not have a place for 24-48 hours to even discuss the local elections?

Just let it run for 48 hours then delete the topic once all results are in etc.

It's rubbish, but tbh it's a reflection on the absolute numbskulls on this forum who can't turn a thread into a political slanging match for a short period of time.

If you've been on here for any length of time you know how politics talk goes on here. Keep your trap shut for one measly day so we can discuss the changes/results in our local areas.

Dimwits.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How can we not have a place for 24-48 hours to even discuss the local elections?

Just let it run for 48 hours then delete the topic once all results are in etc.

It was the Norfolk hate. Requested that it was shut down.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

And yet the "family values" evangelicals will still vote for him if/when the time comes.

Flyover rural USA is full of hypocrisy, on this and other matters, and it hurts a lot of decent people.

The voters didn’t care about the sexual escapades of JFK or Bill Clinton - they certainly won’t care now 

1 hour ago, marbles said:

The voters didn’t care about the sexual escapades of JFK or Bill Clinton - they certainly won’t care now 

That's definitely true. Though I'm pretty sure all such escapades were consensual and as a result didn't end up in direct criminal court, whereas this one did? (Clinton got impeached for bullshitting about it, not for the act itself, after all.)

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That's definitely true. Though I'm pretty sure all such escapades were consensual and as a result didn't end up in direct criminal court, whereas this one did? (Clinton got impeached for bullshitting about it, not for the act itself, after all.)

Im not sure the 50 year old president of the USA, asking for and getting sexual favours from a 21 year old intern can be considered consensual.

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Im not sure the 50 year old president of the USA, asking for and getting sexual favours from a 21 year old intern can be considered consensual.

Given the obvious power imbalance, it's a fair point.

But it is still dubious consent rather than flat out nonconsensual as is being alleged in the current trial. There is a difference there IMO.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

Clinton was accused of rape.

There were also accusations of it while he was still governor of Arkansas

So no

No difference.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, marbles said:

Clinton was accused of rape.

There were also accusations of it while he was still governor of Arkansas

So no

No difference.

Did he actually end up in a courtroom regarding it? And were there multiple such incidences?

I guess even if this were a case of "equal filth on both sides" the actual policies espoused by both parties are different,  meaningful and actionable anyway.

Just now, leicsmac said:

Did he actually end up in a courtroom regarding it? And were there multiple such incidences?

I guess even if this were a case of "equal filth on both sides" the actual policies espoused by both parties are different,  meaningful and actionable anyway.

Just because it didn’t go to trial, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Not sure what you consider “multiple”, but 4 women have come forward accusing Clinton of things from sexual harassment to rape. 
There are reports that the number could be as high as 12 women.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marbles said:

Not sure what you consider “multiple”, but 4 women have come forward accusing Clinton of things from sexual harassment to rape. 

Certainly. Still a difference, though.

Anyhow,  I guess we'll see how this all turns out.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, marbles said:

Did this come out before or after he was President?

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Did this come out before or after he was President?

There were allegations while he was governor.

It started coming out during the Lewinsky ordeal - which was during his presidency.

The rape allegation didn’t hit until after he was out of office, but supposedly took place before he was President 

27 minutes ago, marbles said:

There were allegations while he was governor.

It started coming out during the Lewinsky ordeal - which was during his presidency.

The rape allegation didn’t hit until after he was out of office, but supposedly took place before he was President 

I think that is the big difference in saying how voters will react to these accusations. Clinton's came out after his presidency so the voters didn't get a chance for it to be an issue. Right now Trump is trying to be elected with, amongst other things, a number of serious accusations of sexual assault. If he loses this civil case, he wouldn't be convicted of a crime, but it would surely hurt his chances even amongst the due hard fans. At some point some of them have realise there is so much shit not all of it can be true.

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think that is the big difference in saying how voters will react to these accusations. Clinton's came out after his presidency so the voters didn't get a chance for it to be an issue. Right now Trump is trying to be elected with, amongst other things, a number of serious accusations of sexual assault. If he loses this civil case, he wouldn't be convicted of a crime, but it would surely hurt his chances even amongst the due hard fans. At some point some of them have realise there is so much shit not all of it can be true.

I'm not sure this is true. I think a lot of them simply won't care despite the massive hypocrisy, so long as he continues to promise and sometimes deliver to them what they want - guns, God and good old fashioned short term self interest.

Anti monacy protesters arrested I see.... okay so when it comes to road protesters about the environment they don't get arrested yet if you protest at the side against the king its an arrestable offence?

Funny how people were disgusted when Russian police were arresting members of the public for protestesting against putin and the Ukraine war... but when it comes to the UK if anyone dares to hold a banner "not my king" people are like yeah bang them up...

Democracy eh?

• Like 2