Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

18 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Ok, so two wrongs make a right ? 

Or alternatively, you could just condemn any sexual abuse as sexual abuse

On any view DT’s video deposition was concerning - particularly the “unfortunately or fortunately” reference to it always having been the way of the world that “stars” get to abuse less well knowns. In addition to the access hollywood stuff I also recall the footage of him on an escalator some years back staring at a girl of about 13 or 14 and saying that he would (shag her) when she was older. Never mind being a narcissist. Your former president is a sexual predator. I find it weird that you appear to be arguing that this sex abuser (as per findings) is ok to lead your country because you’ve had other sexual predators from the other side of the political fence in office before - but each to his own ! 

You obviously misread everything I posted, or chose to ignore it and simply post your own conclusions.

I never once defended him.  Not once.

I never even hinted that it was okay for him to run the country.  Nope.  Not even if you squint really hard will the words I typed hint that I said that.

Rather than tell you to reread, or work on your comprehension skills - I’ll make it simpler.

I was only pointing out that BOTH sides are trash.  Not just the one you happen to hate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marbles said:

You obviously misread everything I posted, or chose to ignore it and simply post your own conclusions.

I never once defended him.  Not once.

I never even hinted that it was okay for him to run the country.  Nope.  Not even if you squint really hard will the words I typed hint that I said that.

Rather than tell you to reread, or work on your comprehension skills - I’ll make it simpler.

I was only pointing out that BOTH sides are trash.  Not just the one you happen to hate.

Your original post gave the impression of so what ?  Democrst voters have voted for abusers too.  

If you had prefaced it by saying, yeah what a cvnt, although there is a history of this on both sides, your initial  point would have come across in a very different way and perhaps the way that you intended. 

Drawing attention to the US having a history of backing established filth only reinforces my perception that there is a significant dark element amongst the american electorate. We have had our own recent difficulties here with the populist support for no morals/ minimal truth Boris but IMO these are to a lesser degree than in your country. 

As for hating Trump, we’ll it’s certainly hard to like him. Yes 

I think he’s a narcissist and a creep although from a news perspective he certainly creates interesting and often laugh out loud stories. I’m not particularly interested in american politics or politics in general in fact but Trump and all that is around him is certainly an intriguing read.. 

Will you vote Trump if he’s running in 2024 marbles or even vote at all  ? 

I grant you forgiveness for the condescending nature of your response btw :)

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 4

Not really bothered if you don't explicitly defend Trump. If your instant reaction is THEY DO IT TOO is really, really is not a good look. At all.

Condemn it. Explicitly. Say it's a shame (and damning indictment on society) that people of whatever political persuasion commit such crimes. It's also a horrible that voters of whatever political persuasion will still vote for these people once they've been convicted because their politics is above the crimes they have committed, especially of this nature.

It's really not that hard. I think we all know where Marbles' loyalties lie. What a hill to die on.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, marbles said:

Anthony Weiner still received endorsements and votes after serving time in prison.

Same exact thing - except one was a Democrat and the other a Republican.

Weiner who confessed, apologised, resigned and now works in the private sector out of elected office without tweeting all day about witch hunts? 

That's who you're choosing to make your "BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE" argument about? 

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

I just watched a "news" story about a person having a Mclaren car craned into his 39th floor apartment.

I rebuilt a GPz305 in the flat I lived in at the time because I wanted to work in the warm and dry over winter.

I hadn't factored in how I was going to get it out afterwards. I can now say I've rebuilt a GPz305 twice.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Your original post gave the impression of so what ?  Democrst voters have voted for abusers too.  

If you had prefaced it by saying, yeah what a cvnt, although there is a history of this on both sides, your initial  point would have come across in a very different way and perhaps the way that you intended. 

Drawing attention to the US having a history of backing established filth only reinforces my perception that there is a significant dark element amongst the american electorate. We have had our own recent difficulties here with the populist support for no morals/ minimal truth Boris but IMO these are to a lesser degree than in your country. 

As for hating Trump, we’ll it’s certainly hard to like him. Yes 

I think he’s a narcissist and a creep although from a news perspective he certainly creates interesting and often laugh out loud stories. I’m not particularly interested in american politics or politics in general in fact but Trump and all that is around him is certainly an intriguing read.. 

Will you vote Trump if he’s running in 2024 marbles or even vote at all  ? 

I grant you forgiveness for the condescending nature of your response btw :)

My original post was to say “the voters don’t care, they have a history of ignoring things”

I threw out a Democratic candidate because as I’ve stated several times on this board, I think there is no difference between both parties - while some on here choose to attack one party at every opportunity, I choose to remind them that both sides have done the same thing.

I’ve said this before, my ideal candidate would have been Tulsi Gabbard.  I would have voted for her in 2016 if Hillary hadn’t sabotaged her.  I would vote for her now.  
As for 2024, I’ve also stated previously (despite what some on here think), I don’t want Trump getting the nomination. 
I would vote Desantis - especially if Biden or Harris were the other options.

Finally, I apologize for the condescending answer earlier.  It’s frustrating to repeat the same thing over and over and to be completely misunderstood, or to have things attributed to me that I never said.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Not really bothered if you don't explicitly defend Trump. If your instant reaction is THEY DO IT TOO is really, really is not a good look. At all.

Condemn it. Explicitly. Say it's a shame (and damning indictment on society) that people of whatever political persuasion commit such crimes. It's also a horrible that voters of whatever political persuasion will still vote for these people once they've been convicted because their politics is above the crimes they have committed, especially of this nature.

It's really not that hard. I think we all know where Marbles' loyalties lie. What a hill to die on.

Lolol

Another person who missed the point.

Again, never said I would vote for Trump.  
Never said it was okay to vote for Trump.

This is that “OMG if you don’t condemn Trump everytime his name is mentioned, you must agree with him” crap that is spewed by nut bags so far on the left that they don’t even realize they’ve merged with the nut bags on the far right.

You don’t know where my loyalties lie because you completely ignore what I’ve said in my posts, and instead are reacting to…….I’m not even sure at this point.

Both sides are criminal, and not worthy of representing anyone.  Yet posters I have never discussed anything with are coming out of the woodwork to tell me how awful I am for stating that.

Simply amazing.

Edited by marbles

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Weiner who confessed, apologised, resigned and now works in the private sector out of elected office without tweeting all day about witch hunts? 

That's who you're choosing to make your "BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE" argument about? 

Would you prefer if I used one of the other dozen or so Politicians who committed sex related crimes?  Or how about one who murdered a young woman and continued to be re-elected.

I picked Weiner as an example, rather than just simply running down a long list of trash politicians on both sides of the line.

Get out of your feelings.

1 hour ago, marbles said:

Lolol

Another person who missed the point.

Again, never said I would vote for Trump.  
Never said it was okay to vote for Trump.

This is that “OMG if you don’t condemn Trump everytime his name is mentioned, you must agree with him” crap that is spewed by nut bags so far on the left that they don’t even realize they’ve merged with the nut bags on the far right.

You don’t know where my loyalties lie because you completely ignore what I’ve said in my posts, and instead are reacting to…….I’m not even sure at this point.

Both sides are criminal, and not worthy of representing anyone.  Yet posters I have never discussed anything with are coming out of the woodwork to tell me how awful I am for stating that.

Simply amazing.

Ah the joys of arguing on the internet.

I understood your point, that being a convicted sex offender doesn't necessarily put off voters.

The problem with one person misunderstanding your point is you end up arguing over something that was never your original point.

Hopefully this latest scandal will deter enough sane people from voting for Trump.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

I rebuilt a GPz305 in the flat I lived in at the time because I wanted to work in the warm and dry over winter.

I hadn't factored in how I was going to get it out afterwards. I can now say I've rebuilt a GPz305 twice.

I knew a bloke who built a kit car in his back garden without thinking about how he would get it out either, and yes, ended up doing it all over again lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Captain... said:

Ah the joys of arguing on the internet.

I understood your point, that being a convicted sex offender doesn't necessarily put off voters.

The problem with one person misunderstanding your point is you end up arguing over something that was never your original point.

Hopefully this latest scandal will deter enough sane people from voting for Trump.

Right.

And I thought it worth adding that those voters are both immoral and hypocritical (particularly the fundies) and it's not particularly surprising.

You would hope that this does lower his voting base some, but we shall see.

In any case, looking at policy rather than the people in charge of delivering it really should make such a choice clear anyway.

10 hours ago, marbles said:

Would you prefer if I used one of the other dozen or so Politicians who committed sex related crimes?  Or how about one who murdered a young woman and continued to be re-elected.

I picked Weiner as an example, rather than just simply running down a long list of trash politicians on both sides of the line.

Get out of your feelings.

Epstein has lots of friends in the Uniparty.

Edited by so1

It seems to me that a Presidential system where someone can come from outside politics, with zero experience in actually running any kind of government organisation and become president is a bit mental.  Made lots of cash?  Run for president!  The UK / Australia party system is not perfect, but it does mean in practical terms you have to be an elected politician, win support of your fellow elected politicians, historically always have to have held some kind of government position etc. to have any chance of leading the country.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

It seems to me that a Presidential system where someone can come from outside politics, with zero experience in actually running any kind of government organisation and become president is a bit mental.  Made lots of cash?  Run for president!  The UK / Australia party system is not perfect, but it does mean in practical terms you have to be an elected politician, win support of your fellow elected politicians, historically always have to have held some kind of government position etc. to have any chance of leading the country.

I mean, I can see why the US would try such a system - entrenched political systems can often be corrupt and just generally nasty and the idea of someone who isn't beholden to that system coming in and cleaning things up is a good one. However, the past few years has shown that an outsider maverick coming in to try to change things can, very, often, be even worse.

Bit frustrating, really.

NB. I'm going to raise the point about the inaccurate performative "bothsidesism" regarding the US yet again here, a cursory look at policies on anything other than foreign and economic policy proves this to be the case

On 11/05/2023 at 06:48, leicsmac said:

In other news, Pakistan is seeing some serious civil unrest right now.

There and  India see regular unrest..depends which grabs & locks the media at anyone time. Over the years many riots or demonstrations hardly shown over 

western or own Media…

Peacefully people integrated,mixing, selling buying as neighbours, suddenly implode of one religious group, overtreading period of shared

religious sites, Rape & Shari morals being contested across all beliefs can be a spark…

Two guys arguing,over God n the world can suddenly turn into a full grown riot,because,words taken out of context,or misunderstood…Then days weeks even!!

Instability in the city/region…TV cameras & media expand any  problem in the outside world more than ever..

26 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Fvcking hell 😂

IMG_2841.thumb.jpeg.f2dead61edf8aee655f48ce39403b1a6.jpeg

Is it really a surprise that Mr Henry Bolton and those like him lack any kind of empathy except for themselves and those who might confer greater power for themselves (not even, apparently, for family)?