Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

You could be right on Farage tbf. If that's the case, I do think there are people smarter than he that are maliciously profiting from all this, though.

Crispin Odey being a prime example.  Without moral compass.  It's a shame I don't believe in the afterlife because surely he'd burn in hell if it existed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Crispin Odey being a prime example.  Without moral compass.  It's a shame I don't believe in the afterlife because surely he'd burn in hell if it existed. 

And precisely because there is no proof of an afterlife where he would face justice of a sort, justice should come to him while still in this life.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

And precisely because there is no proof of an afterlife where he would face justice of a sort, justice should come to him while still in this life.

Sadly, we both know he is very unlikely to face justice of any sort, in this life or the next.  

19 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not surprised, really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65626241

Has been happening around the country for a good while, but such companies seems to get away with it quite lightly.

What's disgusting is the cost is being passed back to the bill payer. So they **** up and we still pay for it. 

The world's ****ed

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

What's disgusting is the cost is being passed back to the bill payer. So they **** up and we still pay for it. 

The world's ****ed

See how we're feeling when the bills have gone up to pay for it, and the results end up being underwhelming to non-existant.

People can be pretty brilliant, but when they pull together under the generally accepted organisational structure, they all too often seem to form an entirely cuntish entity.

33 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Not surprised, really.

Has been happening around the country for a good while, but such companies seems to get away with it quite lightly.

It's because they put shareholders above customers and putting money into improving the service and technology.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

It's because they put shareholders above customers and putting money into improving the service and technology.

Absolutely; nothing changes.

Regarding your point into the technology aspect, am genuinely concerned that 'AL' is going to put a lot of people out of work in the future - look at BT today announcing around thousands of jobs to be replaced by AL..

It could be a dangerous matter.

5 hours ago, Dunge said:

Personally I’ve had him pegged for years as a possible Russian agent.

Russian interference stuff is pure cope from people in the centre and parts of the left. People didn’t vote for brexit because of Russia, they voted because the status quo was failing them and this was their way of protesting. People thought the same with Johnson, they thought he was different when really he was just the same, if not worse. Despite what the fervent supporters say, Brexit and Johnson achieved nothing apart from making the status quo worse. If it wasn’t Farage, it would’ve been someone else. It’s not because of Russia, Putin couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery as we’ve seen, let alone true foreign interference. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

People didn’t vote for brexit because of Russia, they voted because the status quo was failing them and this was their way of protesting. 

I want to amend this, but if I were to do so, I would 100% get banned for a very long time because what I would say would be far too easily misconstrued.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I want to amend this, but if I were to do so, I would 100% get banned for a very long time because what I would say would be far too easily misconstrued.

I think I get where you’re coming from and if so, yes it is an indictment on our education system that people could not see through the BS thrown at them from people who wanted to get rich. 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Not surprised, really.

Sold off lots of land for big profits when first went public all back to shareholders who made massive profits from that original sell off, the ink was hardly dry on the certificates as they were bought and sold.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think I get where you’re coming from and if so, yes it is an indictment on our education system that people could not see through the BS thrown at them from people who wanted to get rich. 

There's also the factor that mistrust in David Cameron was significant because he was so obviously slimy and manipulative and he was saying that we should stay in the EU. 

A whole miasma of shit.

On 16/05/2023 at 13:10, ClaphamFox said:

Nigel Farage has admitted that Brexit has failed...

Worst thing that ever happened to him was Brexit. Made him irrelevant.

Continuing to make a career out of being a loud minority would have been perfect for him until he retired from politics.

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Russian interference stuff is pure cope from people in the centre and parts of the left. People didn’t vote for brexit because of Russia, they voted because the status quo was failing them and this was their way of protesting. People thought the same with Johnson, they thought he was different when really he was just the same, if not worse. Despite what the fervent supporters say, Brexit and Johnson achieved nothing apart from making the status quo worse. If it wasn’t Farage, it would’ve been someone else. It’s not because of Russia, Putin couldn’t organise a p*ss up in a brewery as we’ve seen, let alone true foreign interference. 

How much do the KGB pay you? :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I don’t mean for his Brexit stuff, more for his attitude toward anything that might stop Russia from marching westward into Europe.

• Haha 1

On 18/05/2023 at 19:58, Lionator said:

That may be true for some people. There were some who voted for Brexit because they wanted to kick back at “the establishment” but I don’t think that’s true of the majority. 

Most people who I’ve spoken to over the years who voted Brexit said they did so just because it’s what their friends or family were voting for or that theyd heard we put so much money into the EU or that they thought we couldn’t pass our own laws because the EU blocked them. 

I’d say most have admitted they didn’t really understand what the EU was, what it did or what the 4 freedoms were. Boris Johnson didn’t even understand it and reportedly didn’t even know what the customs union was so I doubt most of the public did 

That’s just anecdotal of course, but I think it’s a very sweeping statement to say people just voted anti-establishment because they were feeling disenfranchised. I think a large percentage of people who voted, as in any election, don’t really understand what they’re voting for and just vote on what their friends or family vote for or a couple of snippets they overhear on the tv or on the radio now and again 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Schofield stepping down from This Morning. Assume this means some damming stories about him aren't far from being released 

Wasn't it revealed during his brothers trial that he knew about his brothers behaviour with underaged kids but didn't do anything with that information. Probably made his position untenable.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Wasn't it revealed during his brothers trial that he knew about his brothers behaviour with underaged kids but didn't do anything with that information. Probably made his position untenable.

I think so yeah, I just imagine more will be being released or threatened to be released soon 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Schofield stepping down from This Morning. 

I might go for his job. I have most mornings free and if Charles pegs it, I'll be at the front of the queue when he's lying in state. Happy to do those 'We by anycar.com' commercials too.