Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

16 hours ago, Lionator said:

Yep, would it really be that difficult that instead of banning it, you have a lesson before you start about the historical contexts of the book, racism and the language used in it. That’s far more educational and informative than banning it completely. 

I'm not sure it's a question of knowledge. It's about not wanting to be confronted with something that's triggering. 

18 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm not sure it's a question of knowledge. It's about not wanting to be confronted with something that's triggering. 

Not to want to defend the book, which is boring and outdated, but I’m not sure how possible this is.

3 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

People used to do that on trains - hop off while it was still moving. Before political correctness went mad and they put locks on the doors.

Political correctness for the sake of it is a bug bear but, stopping people jumping from fast moving trains or planes seems inherently sensible rather than just PC thinking.

22 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Political correctness for the sake of it is a bug bear but, stopping people jumping from fast moving trains or planes seems inherently sensible rather than just PC thinking.

Think he was taking the p*ss

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Or you'd want a manual override that would open the door no matter the situation elsewhere, just in case everything is going wrong elsewhere and you have to open the door.

I'll have to look into this, I'm intrigued.

Hokay, I did actually read the answer to this once upon a time, I'd just forgotten it.

When the aircraft is at altitude and therefore the air pressure differential between inside and outside the aircraft is big, the door cannot push inward to begin it opening - the pressure keeps it closed even if someone uses the override to open it. However, at lower altitude where the pressure differential is much less, then that is no longer the case, as was seen here.

I figured there had to be some kind of way to make sure the door couldn't open at high altitude but could at surface level using the same mechanism, I just didn't remember how it was done.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Hokay, I did actually read the answer to this once upon a time, I'd just forgotten it.

When the aircraft is at altitude and therefore the air pressure differential between inside and outside the aircraft is big, the door cannot push inward to begin it opening - the pressure keeps it closed even if someone uses the override to open it. However, at lower altitude where the pressure differential is much less, then that is no longer the case, as was seen here.

I figured there had to be some kind of way to make sure the door couldn't open at high altitude but could at surface level using the same mechanism, I just didn't remember how it was done.

Darn it - but now I just want to know at what altitude I can open an aeroplane door and jump out!

I guess I'll just have to try at different heights until it works.

28 minutes ago, Phil Bowman said:

Darn it - but now I just want to know at what altitude I can open an aeroplane door and jump out!

I guess I'll just have to try at different heights until it works.

400N is about the limit of human strength. Pressure difference x door area is the pressure load. Get researching door surface areas and come back to us. I won't wait to find out... 

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Gay man has affair with younger chap while closeted.

Is that it? Bit tame Phil, you massive square

I would think the only potential issue is if they had an employer/employee relationship before the affair.  
If not, while I never agree with cheating, it’s definitely no big deal.

5 minutes ago, reporterpenguin said:

From what I’ve heard this was the worst kept secret in showbiz, I’ve known about it for years due to a family member working in that world. 

I also knew about it for the same reasons. 

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Before some weather stopped the Devil’s Nose train in Ecuador, I rode on the roof of a carriage.

If people want to do dumb stuff, I’m all for letting them as long as it doesn’t endanger other people.

57 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Strap in, this is about to get a bit saucy.

these nonce protectors coming out now the cat is out the bag is almost as sickening, saw that Wooten as well saying he knew for years. I get people who do makeup or whatever not doing anything, but men like eamon could easily have stepped in even if he lamped him one. 

these nonce protectors coming out now the cat is out the bag is almost as sickening, saw that Wooten as well saying he knew for years. I get people who do makeup or whatever not doing anything, but men like eamon could easily have stepped in even if he lamped him one. 

4 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I swear this information was already out there, but at the time people decided to gloss over the fact that this geezer is a massive groomer nonce and was just focused on him coming out.

As per the comments above, with what is known so far, does a bloke having an affair with a younger bloke who is above the age of consent at the time count as noncery?

I mean, given all the other connotations attached to the case and the blatant abuse of power involved, maybe, but I'm not sure.

Of course, there may be much more to follow yet.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As per the comments above, with what is known so far, does a bloke having an affair with a younger bloke who is above the age of consent at the time count as noncery?

I mean, given all the other connotations attached to the case and the blatant abuse of power involved, maybe, but I'm not sure.

Of course, there may be much more to follow yet.

Depends how you look at it, if you think a man in his late 50s shagging a 16 year old isn’t noncery then you’re a bit of an odd one anyway, legal or not. a 16 year old isn’t even legally allowed to drink nor drive a car nor vote how can they at all be considered an adult at that age. We know he met him when he was 10 and we know he got him the job while he was under the “legal” barrier, while we cannot confirm anything going on during that period, the facts we know so far are absolutely disgusting and I guarantee the reaction would be a lot more inflamed if this was a 16 year old girl we’re talking about 

• Like 2