Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

25 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Good news story though that they found it.  Presume he had some decent "snaps" on that he hadn't backed up.

pretty sure it was destroyed when they recovered it :)

On 27/05/2023 at 09:29, yorkie1999 said:

I don’t think anyone is accusing gay men of being paedophiles, I think people are accusing a gay man of grooming a child with the promise of a job on tv who he later had a relationship with when he was of legal age and who has now come out in the press and said he lied to his bosses about it. If it’s normal for a 50 year old bloke to get friendly with a 10 year old, fair enough, but you’ve got to admit, there’s a fair amount of suspicion to be had.

There's an awkward video online somewhere of him having a cosy lunch with a young lad who only looks 14 or 15. If it was a relation or maybe like godson then no wrong with that. But considering he's no relation to schofield. Then it turns out years later its revealed he had relationship with this same individual when supposedly he turned 18 don't sound healthy. Schofield must be having some sleepless nights now waiting for the police to bang on his door to raid his house.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65717684

"For months on end, Australia's most-decorated living soldier sat stoically in a Sydney courtroom as dozens of witnesses accused him of war crimes, bullying peers, and assaulting his mistress.  But Ben Roberts-Smith was not the one on trial.  The 44-year-old had brought the case, suing three Australian newspapers over a series of articles in 2018 which he says defamed him. He argues they ruined his life by painting him as a callous man who had broken the moral and legal rules of war, disgracing his country in the process.  But the media outlets say they reported the truth, and have set out to prove it."

A fascinating story about warfare, accountability and the role of a soldier and of the press. I wonder what the final verdict will be?

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

"For months on end, Australia's most-decorated living soldier sat stoically in a Sydney courtroom as dozens of witnesses accused him of war crimes, bullying peers, and assaulting his mistress.  But Ben Roberts-Smith was not the one on trial.  The 44-year-old had brought the case, suing three Australian newspapers over a series of articles in 2018 which he says defamed him. He argues they ruined his life by painting him as a callous man who had broken the moral and legal rules of war, disgracing his country in the process.  But the media outlets say they reported the truth, and have set out to prove it."

A fascinating story about warfare, accountability and the role of a soldier and of the press. I wonder what the final verdict will be?

im predicting (a dangerous thing to do) that this will be the biggest self own in history....

no names and who knows what the court will find.... but all the answera are in this book...
Rogue Forces by Mark Willacy - Audiobook - Audible.com.au

Edited by ozleicester

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Give it five minutes and some wraith will explain why it’s important Bezos doesn’t pay tax.

IMG_7202.jpeg

Ahh but... Research and development....umm..jobs .. good for community...they'll move offshore

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Give it five minutes and some wraith will explain why it’s important Bezos doesn’t pay tax.

IMG_7202.jpeg

Sorry I was busy :)  Of course they should pay tax, and in fact the article states Amazon said it paid £781m in total taxes in the UK, including business rates, employer’s national insurance contributions and corporation tax, up from £648m a year before.  Corporation tax is only part of the story.  What is interesting is that the reason Corporation tax is so low is that they invested billions, primarily in Automation.  So if that automation works, and their tax contribution drops because they employ fewer people then that becomes a problem.  Still though, people should be aware that the reason Amazon is much cheaper has a lot to do with their overall tax cost.  Buy amazon, contribute to lower taxes.

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

im predicting (a dangerous thing to do) that this will be the biggest self own in history....

no names and who knows what the court will find.... but all the answera are in this book...
Rogue Forces by Mark Willacy - Audiobook - Audible.com.au

Case dismissed, judge rules that the media proved its allegations, that Ben Roberts Smith is a Bully, Wife Beater and Murderer.

This lowlife scumbag needs to be in prison for war crimes

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Case dismissed, judge rules that the media proved its allegations, that Ben Roberts Smith is a Bully, Wife Beater and Murderer.

I find it incredible he thought this was a good idea.  He must have believed his own hype I suppose, but the number of people who spoke against him and the culture was damning.  Worse legal decision since WAGATHA CHRISTY, only with a backdrop of real life murder and misery.  I hope to see the Government do the right thing.

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Ben Roberts Smith (VC Winner) war crimnial and mate...drinking from the prosthetic leg taken from a murdered Afghan 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This incident off Bournemouth beach is very strange indeed. 10 people simultaneously getting into difficulty in the water yet the Police have now said they weren't hit by a boat, yet someone has been arrested for manslaughter.

Maybe they were on a speedboat type thing? I know they do rides there, or did.

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Ben Roberts Smith (VC Winner) war crimnial and mate...drinking from the prosthetic leg taken from a murdered Afghan 

The real crime there is that he's drinking lager 

Like beards, I don't trust anyone who drinks lager

Quite a few reports that some w**ker on a jet ski was ragging it close to the shore, hard turned and made a wave that washed people off the fishing pontoon of the pier and into the water.

*EDIT* Police update suggests the above isn't right.

Edited by Zear0