Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Quite a few reports that some w**ker on a jet ski was ragging it close to the shore, hard turned and made a wave that washed people off the fishing pontoon of the pier and into the water.

*EDIT* Police update suggests the above isn't right.

I wondered if he had been encouraging kids to jump off the pier. It's an area that has a record of fatalities from tombstoning.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Pognophobe!

I don't have an extreme dislike for them, I just don't trust people who have them. I have an extreme dislike for male hair top knots and flat caps.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don't have an extreme dislike for them, I just don't trust people who have them. I have an extreme dislike for male hair top knots and flat caps.

It's people who bare a resemblance to Danny Baker that freak me out.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I've never trusted a man who takes a blade to his own face every single day!

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I've never trusted a man who applies lady bikini line wax strips to his own face every single day!

You should always trust a man who comes up with inventive solutions to everyday problems.

Not the best of starts prior to the investigation..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-65783053

'In 2021 Lord Austin caused controversy when he posted a tweet showing a fake new flavour for Ben and Jerry's ice cream for people in Gaza, named "Hamas Terror Misu" - after the company announced plans to stop selling ttop selling its products in Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.'

Yeah I saw that, frustrating as this doesn't need to happen from an engineering perspective in 2023. Also Modi apparently vowing people will be punished all but guarantees there will be an unwillingness for anyone to take responsibility and we'll end up with a few people scapegoated with unreasonable prison terms.

The funeral of the young girl who was killed in the incident at Bournemouth beach has taken place.

Tragedy for the family and I hope it offers some peace at an awful time of grief for them and that it has taken place so quickly.

I do wish however, that such prompt funerals were available to all. We had to wait 8 weeks to say goodbye to a member of our family.

To have had an earlier funeral would have been so much more comforting.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

17 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

90% certain he'll lose this to be honest. The print media is so balls deep in the system. In the Johnny Depp case vs News International the judge's son was literally working for News International AND the journalist who wrote the article at the centre of the case at the time it was going through the courts, which is why the UK and US verdicts are so wildly different.

Harry won't be allowed to win.

On 04/06/2023 at 23:20, Free Falling Foxes said:

The funeral of the young girl who was killed in the incident at Bournemouth beach has taken place.

Tragedy for the family and I hope it offers some peace at an awful time of grief for them and that it has taken place so quickly.

I do wish however, that such prompt funerals were available to all. We had to wait 8 weeks to say goodbye to a member of our family.

To have had an earlier funeral would have been so much more comforting.

I would think that it happened quickly for religious reasons. i know that in islam and judaism, burial should take place as quickly as possible (allowing a day or two for immediate relatives to be there).  because of this, there are existing channels set up with coroners dept and families will endeavor to get death certificates to state cause of death which will mean an autopsy/ further investigations aren't required.  i don't know why funerals take so long to arrange outside of this 'religious system' that exists.   i believe that there are muslim/jewish funeral directors (where demand allows) that are set up to arrange everything quickly.

i would have thought that there is an increased cost of having funerals take place so quickly. 

i appreciate how waiting weeks is not going to be the best thing in most cases.