Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

7 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's a full month since somebody last said to me in complete seriousness that "we should never have got rid of him", but I'm visiting the in-laws tonight so I expect that clock will be getting reset 

About Johnson? That’s crazy 

The local Tory Party just popped by to see if I support our local MP.

I've never seen a bunch of old men move so fast in my entire life as I unloaded barrels of invective, scurrying up the road as I hurled blue language at them from my doorway.

I was genuinely surprised at the sheer scale of my wrath. Felt exceptionally cathartic to be able to let it out. lol

ELn-Hd3WsAEPqOS.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The local Tory Party just popped by to see if I support our local MP.

I've never seen a bunch of old men move so fast in my entire life as I unloaded barrels of invective, scurrying up the road as I hurled blue language at them from my doorway.

I was genuinely surprised at the sheer scale of my wrath. Felt exceptionally cathartic to be able to let it out. lol

ELn-Hd3WsAEPqOS.jpeg

"DALL-E, please draw a caricature of a rural Tory councilor". 

44 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Given their week and last 24hrs, what moron would have gone ahead with a door-knocking campaign today?

I almost admire their cheek, but I daresay my little one would have some unwelcome additions to her vocabulary if they tried it here.

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Feel like Johnson could have fought this as an MP but quitting he gets to claim it was all a plot against him and his claims face no scrutiny. And his loyal supporters will believe his claims and that will serve to get him backing in whatever his end game is.

He has all the power, influence, money, status yet there is always someone stopping him. Classic victim mentality and not at all ironic that he accused an entire city of wallowing in self pity.

He just hates not being the focus of attention. That is why he will never go away.

• Like 2

Hang on...are we really talking about and condoning the abuse and intimidation of political campaigners simply because of their affiliation?

Whatever happened to "winning the argument" in the "marketplace of ideas"?

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, weller54 said:

Trump won't go down.. He'll be President again because the nutcase followers will vote him back in...same goes with the johnson (our own little Trump)... He'll make a comeback some day because we've got millions of nutcases over here also!! 

Trump won't be president again, even if he gets as far as being able to stand at the next election. 

No Dems will ever switch to him, and too many traditional Reps hate him.  

The math will never work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Trump won't be president again, even if he gets as far as being able to stand at the next election. 

Yeah.

If the maths worked, it would have worked in 2020. There's no reason to expect it will in 2024, especially with everything that's happened since, barring a truly extraordinary and terrible set of circumstances.

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Whether he wins or not his influence on global politics is clear. Look at idiot boys resignation letter yday, it could well be from trump. His shadow will loom across Biden until 2028, and the republican party for longer. Even if he gets locked up (which he obviously wont) it’ll be a foolish person to think that’s the end of him 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dunge said:

This toilet collection of nuclear secrets is the first time I’ve thought it could genuinely be the end of Trump. I doubt even his Republican voters can brush that aside.

You underestimate the stupidity of your average trump supporter :

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Whether he wins or not his influence on global politics is clear. Look at idiot boys resignation letter yday, it could well be from trump. His shadow will loom across Biden until 2028, and the republican party for longer. Even if he gets locked up (which he obviously wont) it’ll be a foolish person to think that’s the end of him 

Is there something solid behind this assertion, or is it just a hunch?

Edit: Totally agree with the subversive effect on global politics that he has had, and I'm not sure of the best way to deal with that, but it must be dealt with (and soon), because it continues to be hugely damaging to present and future.

Edited by leicsmac

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Is there something solid behind this assertion, or is it just a hunch?

Edit: Totally agree with the subversive effect on global politics that he has had, and I'm not sure of the best way to deal with that, but it must be dealt with (and soon), because it continues to be hugely damaging to present and future.

Haha nothing solid, I’m not involved in the trial, have no idea how many brown paper bags are going back n forth and certainly wouldn’t be talking about it on social media if I was either 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha nothing solid, I’m not involved in the trial, have no idea how many brown paper bags are going back n forth and certainly wouldn’t be talking about it on social media if I was either 

Fair to say.

You'll get no argument from me about how corrupt such processes are at a high level, but on this one I really wouldn't want to call it either way at the moment.

• Like 1