Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

They're very lucky.

If it just one of them alone, without the company of others, would've doubted that they'd survive in such an environment.

Hope they get the psychological support that they will need, having experienced the crash and the death of their family members (presume they did, unless they were knocked unconscious during the rapid descent down).

Edited by Wymsey

Watched Laura Kuenssberg this morning, seeing the Tory minister squirm and lie to be followed by Lammy for Labour trying to squirm his way out of answering questions too just shows them all up, Alan Cummings basically said what is true, that the voters have little to vote for between the two calling them Tory and Tory lite but it is more a case of they all feed from the same trough in my view.

Was funny when Lammy was asked about the House of Lords and caught himself out in regards to getting rid of it but also keeping the honour system that left even Kuenssberg a bit gob smacked.

Class of 2019.

FyVdGIxWAAMMIus?format=jpg&name=small

Farage admitted that his lifelong dream of Brexit had failed,

Swinson literally lost her seat in that election and is now a visiting professor.

Jezbollah was judged to have been leading a Labour Party responsible for unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination over antisemitism, refused to accept the findings and showed no contrition for that OR delivering the worst result in 80 years for Labour, to such a degree that Labour literally kicked him out.

De Pfeffel won a landslide, but soon after COVID hit, and instead of taking responsibility and following the playbook left by Blair in 2004, let the virus spread, made every bad decision possible and partied at Downing Street while 230,000 died. He did dodgy deals with mates over WhatsApp, got fined by the police for the parties, then was forced to resign after his entire cabinet (then his new one) resigned in disgust about him lying about knowing the man he'd promoted was a sex offender. Then tried to replace his replacement until giving it up at the last minute. Then finally resigned as an MP in protest at the COVID inquiry THAT HE SET UP, writing to him to tell him he was absolutely guilty of the things he said he hadn't done.

Sturgeon actually lasted longer than anyone else though because she's up in Scotland the news that she had been reprimanded by the police for breaking her own COVID rules TWICE while campaigning. She carried on doing her job for another 3 years, which was apparently just to plan for an independence referendum and nothing else, until her shock resignation in March 2023. Two weeks after which her husband of 13 years and SNP CEO for 25 years was arrested under suspicion of financial irregularities with a police tent erected in her front garden and the cops digging in the back garden, and a motorhome owned by the SNP was seized from outside her mother in law's house. Her teenage dream of an independent Scotland is in the mud, but she passed her driving theory test yesterday so she's got that going for her which is nice. (Remains to be seen if she's able to drive the motorhome or not).

As for the Greens leader, I had to look her up and I'm still none the wiser as to who she is or what she's doing now. Pretty sure she was an AI generation.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I do hope when Starmer wins we can have a bit of ****ing stability and competency for a bit. Cos at the minute we're an absolute laughing stock

If Starmer doesn't win by a landslide he will become the "laughing stock". 

After years of turmoil, sleaze and the present Government being in such disarray Labour should win by a country mile and more.

To any fans of Donald Trump unfamiliar with the UK about:

What is about to happen is how people are supposed to behave when a leading politician is arrested on suspicion of a corruption-related crime.

NB. The obvious blindspot about such corruption in the past being rewarded with a lordship rather than arrest notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

If Starmer doesn't win by a landslide he will become the "laughing stock". 

After years of turmoil, sleaze and the present Government being in such disarray Labour should win by a country mile and more.

Absolutely agree. Scotland was a MASSIVE problem for Labour after the IndyRef in 2014, Miliband lost almost every seat in 2015 and Corbyn was a useless pile of shit for 5 years after that.

Sturgeon being revealed as a crook is an unbelievable gift for Starmer. I think he’s had to be extremely careful since 2020 to rebuild the party and kick out the useless and unhelpful far left. Many would be right to argue that he doesn’t have any policies, but he learned another lesson from Corbyn to not give the Tories any ideas on policy because they’ll just nick it. 

I suspect he’s already ready for an election any minute now, with fully costed policies ready to go and should hopefully secure a mega landslide. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

He clearly will win a landslide but I disagree with what you’re saying, there’s a scarily large number of people who still vote blue regardless. 

If people still vote Tory them after running the country into the ground and leaving our economy on its knees the past 13 years then that’s on those people voting for them, not Starmer.

They could vote Labour, LibDem, Greens, BritainFirst, Reclaim Party, Monster Racing Looney, The Christian Alliance, the British Communist Party etc. etc. - there’s more choices than just Tories or Labour out there, if people are still voting Tories in the next election rather than any other party regardless of who that party is, that’s on them.

I mean, 17million people voted for Brexit, so there’s clearly a lot of masocists who want to punish themselves in the UK. 

Of course, let's not forget another option. Labour's victory could as a result of voter apathy.

I know many who are so pissed off with politics and politicians that they intend giving the Polling Station a wide berth at the next GE, and who could blame them for that.

Edited by David Hankey

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Of course, let's not forget another option. Labour's victory could as a result of voter apathy.

I know many who are so pissed off with politics and politicians that they intend giving the Polling Station a wide berth at the next GE, and who could blame them for that.

I suspect there are many who won't bother voting because they think there are only 2 political parties in the UK.  We aren't a very politically aware country.

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

I suspect there are many who won't bother voting because they think there are only 2 political parties in the UK.  We aren't a very politically aware country.

We also have a totally appalling voting system.

• Like 1

So.... rumours abound that the young woman Charlotte Owen who Boris has given a life peerage to after just 18 months of being a SPAD, is his daughter.

Born in 1993, the same year he divorced his first wife. Shares the same maiden name as said first wife and the same first name as his mother.

Wouldn't be surprised.