Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So it's a mental bloke gone on a bit of a rampage? Or is it in the name of a god or political? Think that's important. Stuff like this is going to happen more and more as people crack under the growing pressure. 

Strange time for a rampage though.

Police were called at 4am it says,.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Might be trying to attack students coming out of clubs or something? **** knows

30 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

So it's a mental bloke gone on a bit of a rampage? Or is it in the name of a god or political? Think that's important. Stuff like this is going to happen more and more as people crack under the growing pressure. 

Growing pressure of what?

28 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Right-wing ghouls on twitter salivating at the thought of a potential terrorist attack, grim

My daughter is doing a masters on anti terrorism,incidentally at the University of Nottingham.Road next to her is closed and she is the only one in the house as her other 6 housemates have finished their degree courses.

Going on from your post.Did you know that over 80% of terrorists on the most wanted,are right wing extremists.

Think she would love a debate with them.

As with every statement after an arrest, the police upload a stock image of hands in cuffs. Racist ****** on Twitter are genuinely complaining about how we’re being lied to because the hands aren’t black 😂

yeah cos some journalist would have been ready and waiting at 5AM to photograph someone in cuffs 

9 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

As with every statement after an arrest, the police upload a stock image of hands in cuffs. Racist ****** on Twitter are genuinely complaining about how we’re being lied to because the hands aren’t black 😂

yeah cos some journalist would have been ready and waiting at 5AM to photograph someone in cuffs 

Social media is the pits man.

50 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Must be more to it. I'm moving to one of them streets in a few weeks, can't wait. 

I take it you're moving to Lenton (Ilkeston Road) then? I lived for a few years close to that area, more on the Hyson Green/Arboretum side. A big mix of people, students, graduates, long-time residents etc etc.  Loved the place tbh. But every now and again you'd come across mentally unhinged folk. Like any inner city area you get the doss-house, the halfway house, the squatters place, the residential home etc. Burglaries and car break-ins were a particular problem. The glimmer of news we're getting, I'm guessing this is the act of a guy with mental issues, not a terrorist type attack. Of course some will argue there isn't a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Must be more to it. I'm moving to one of them streets in a few weeks, can't wait. 

I live in Notts and the area's where it's happened are normally fine, it's a great city to live in. Lenton is very studenty, and the Woodborough Road area is green and leafy. Like people on here have suggested, if it were a terrorist attack then it was a pretty daft time of day to do it and the news seems to suggest that it isn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

I live in Notts and the area's where it's happened are normally fine, it's a great city to live in. Lenton is very studenty, and the Woodborough Road area is green and leafy. Like people on here have suggested, if it were a terrorist attack then it was a pretty daft time of day to do it and the news seems to suggest that it isn't.

I'm only moving across the city, should keep the rent down tbh. 

42 minutes ago, iniesta said:

If this was a right wing terror attack, the police & media would have already released name/picture/organisation of the offender 

Well, no they wouldn't because it'd likely constitute Contempt of Court given a suspect's been arrested.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

... Trying to live under this criminal Government? 

Much as I despise this current government, a lot of pressure would be there already as a result of changes in society. Cash or card only payment, various agencies making "prove your identity" as hard and time-consuming as possible, check-out machines flipping over "unexpected items" etc etc. All gets a bit much...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Might be trying to attack students coming out of clubs or something? **** knows

First eye witness account sounds like something like that as they claimed a boy and a girl together were stabbed.

31 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Well, no they wouldn't because it'd likely constitute Contempt of Court given a suspect's been arrested.

Nah, right wing attackers - particularly white straight men - don't get a right to due process where everyone else does, apparently. Didn't you get the memo?

On the topic itself, I guess we'll find out more about the person involved and their motivation - if any ideology - soon enough. It's just saddening that blood has been shed again.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not when bars and clubs are emptying.