Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Also in the News - Part 2

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It sounds horrific.

-

I know some don't, but I felt quite safe in Nottingham whenever I've been there over the years.

Obviously there's don't go-to areas like Lenton, but that's like any other city.

I live in Nottingham City Centre just near where this has happened and it's getting worse and worse. I know we say that about all cities but it's gone so rapidly downhill as a city in the last few years. I'm almost certainly getting out in the next few months. 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

I've read the indictment text. It makes Watergate look like a misdemeanour.

He really should be toast, but only time - rather a long time, probably - will tell.

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You know, I was thinking that anyone with mental health issues really should steer clear of GB News and its 'sources'. 

Where else can those folks satisfy their confirmation bias on people of a different skin colour or sexuality, as well as cutting edge scientific issues like chemtrails and 5G?

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

I know we live in a world of bad news on twenty four hours loop but **** me if it doesn't seem quite heavy at the minute.

'The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.'

We must endure, and things will get better if we do, and do the right things.

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I live in Nottingham City Centre just near where this has happened and it's getting worse and worse. I know we say that about all cities but it's gone so rapidly downhill as a city in the last few years. I'm almost certainly getting out in the next few months. 

Has it? I've lived here twice and it feels much better now than five years and god forbid a lot better than the horror days of the early 2000's.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Has it? I've lived here twice and it feels much better now than five years and god forbid a lot better than the horror days of the early 2000's.

Not talking so much the gun crime. That seems to not be as much an issue as it was.

But get off the train and walk through. There's a demolished barren landscape because they had no money to build a shopping centre. There's countless boarded up shops, you can't walk 10 metres without being asked for money. It probably wouldn't be as bad if Nottingham people didn't have this deluded view its an elite city.

3 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Not talking so much the gun crime. That seems to not be as much an issue as it was.

But get off the train and walk through. There's a demolished barren landscape because they had no money to build a shopping centre. There's countless boarded up shops, you can't walk 10 metres without being asked for money. It probably wouldn't be as bad if Nottingham people didn't have this deluded view its an elite city.

I lived / worked in Nottingham for about four years and a demolished mess is still better than the Broadmarsh, held the city back for years that. Once that’s gone I’m sure it’ll help with the empty units on Lister Gate / Bridlesmith Walk, not like that’s a Nottingham specific problem anyway. I loved living there but found it had an edge to it from time to time, not even necessarily dangerous but just an off vibe I’ve never experienced in any other British city.

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

Broadmarsh was shit but it isn't an excuse for the neglect that has been shown to the city for years. Bare in mind we pay the highest council tax in the ****ing country to make up for so many failings too.

not sure they could help intu going pop and trying to find someone else to take it on but I don’t disagree they’re a bit behind since the city have had it

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’ve worked with Ian during the summer holidays carrying out work on the school for the last 4 years, my dad has known him for over 20 years we’re both gutted. Wouldn’t hurt a fly Ian and has done a lot of hard work at Huntingdon academy as well as other schools he’s worked at in the past. RIP mate 

Terrible that, absolutely sorry for your loss in these circumstances.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Terrible that, absolutely sorry for your loss in these circumstances.

honestly im gutted but can't imagine what his family are going through. in the summer holidays he brought his grandson to work and I'm just thankful he wasn't there as well otherwise it would've been even worse. couldn't believe it when I saw his face in the article holding a fish. he used to borrow my dads van every year to go fishing.

• Sad 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

It’s going to get lost within it all but just points to the running down of another service (mental health) which could have stopped this incident. 

Yep.

For some involved in the running down of such systems, however, the social Darwinism is the point.

• Like 1