Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

5000/1

22 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

I vaguely remember a story about a medical secretary winning as the consultant she worked for jokingly placed a bet £10 on Leicester to win the league that season for her birthday. Sure it was reported she took the lot. 

I bet she did. That’s the very least the consultant might have hoped for after making her £50k better off 😂

On 14/12/2022 at 15:41, Ashley said:

Does anybody actually know anyone who won a bet at 5000/1? I'm yet to hear anyone winning a 5000/1. 

I know a fair few who won their bets at 2000/1 including my late Granddad who had £10.00 on us. 

I'm pretty sure the 5000/1 thing was a price boost for an hour or so by certain bookies?

Yes me , I was stood on the pitch as a guest of Ladbrokes for Newcastle at home,   I rolled the ball onto the centre circle from a pass from  wess morgon and watched the game in the press box with Emile heskey. Was on the one show, and in the papers .. it was a standard bet and someone one here posted the odds at the time..

• Like 1

On 15/12/2022 at 10:57, Leicesterpool said:

Similar story I heard once but not Leicester related. Bloke but a £5 on Wigan to win the Fa Cup in 2013. Odds were like 300/1. 

I can see the logic behind this for the FA Cup though. A fortunate draw, the big boys knocking each other out and being some of the big teams when they have an off day especially if the opposition are in the latter stages of Europe.

Not entirely implausible to happen at the same time compared to happening over 38 games in either the most important or second most important competition to teams.

• 2 weeks later...