Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Ex Managers - They used to manage us.

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

A great interview.

Am looking forward to an Ian Holloway or Nigel Pearson one next..:whistle:

Speaking of Ian Holloway, and this is very random, he's just captained the England Tennis team to an 8-4 victory over Scotland (featuring both Murray brothers) in a Battle Of Britain tennis tournament.

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/12773098/andy-murray-beats-jack-draper-to-level-battle-of-the-brits-with-england-captained-by-ian-holloway

• Haha 2

On 21/12/2022 at 19:21, Tuna said:

I'm not interested in slagging off Taylor anymore, what happened happened the club survived and we are where we are now. I think it's great that an experienced coach/manager is giving up his time to help out a local non league club, he's not doing it for the money although high profile managers are rarely a success at this level.

..... TWAT!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Ranieri has been announced as manager of Cagliari who are 14th in Serie B

Previously managed them 1988 - 1991

Probably the best last job for him really.

A club probably happy floating around the division, and just want to stay up.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
45 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He loverd his time at Leicester, Just not enough to stick around and see the job through.

That's harsh.

He exceeded absolutely every expectation.

Hand on heart, I never thought it would ever be possible to beat those years, I though we'd peaked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foxmeister said:

It depends what you define as seeing the job through. He won 2 trophies and established us as PL club. Can't really begrudge him going to his boyhood club. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

That's harsh.

He exceeded absolutely every expectation.

Hand on heart, I never thought it would ever be possible to beat those years, I though we'd peaked.

I'm not disputing he done well for us when he was here.

I just feel equally he didn't give a toss about us when he chose to leave for Celtic.

Thankfully we went on to achive great success in the following years all be it after a similar stumble to this year.

So let's hope we go on to do the same again.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm not disputing he done well for us when he was here.

I just feel equally he didn't give a toss about us when he chose to leave for Celtic.

Thankfully we went on to achive great success in the following years all be it after a similar stumble to this year.

So let's hope we go on to do the same again.

He had chance to leave for Leeds and didn't. What's he supposed to do when Celtic come in for him?

There can be absolutely no doubt Taylor ruined us with what he did after, but I'm not of this rose tinted view that that famous 5-2 Sunderland win was going to be the beginning of us going on to challenge for the top 4. O'Neill has a very sketchy history of spending money wisely on players and it's by no means a certainty we'd have gone on and done any more. Could quite easily have messed up and missed his chance to go Celtic if he hadn't then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

He had chance to leave for Leeds and didn't. What's he supposed to do when Celtic come in for him?

There can be absolutely no doubt Taylor ruined us with what he did after, but I'm not of this rose tinted view that that famous 5-2 Sunderland win was going to be the beginning of us going on to challenge for the top 4. O'Neill has a very sketchy history of spending money wisely on players and it's by no means a certainty we'd have gone on and done any more. Could quite easily have messed up and missed his chance to go Celtic if he hadn't then.

He wanted to speak to Leeds, but we refused him permission to do so. He then ran his contract down, which left him a free agent to join Celtic.

Not that I have anything against him as he exceeded all reasonable expectations we could have had at that time. We've actually come a long way as a club since those days in terms of profile, size and potential. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

He loverd his time at Leicester, Just not enough to stick around and see the job through.

it was always his dream ( and his Dad’s ) for him to manage Celtic.  His Dad once told him that if the opportunity ever came up to manage Celtic, he should walk there if he had to , to sign for them.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Brendan Rodgers football summed up in one photo below. Even if they had 'genuine quality' it doesnt matter if you play windscreen wiper football.

image.thumb.png.8139527bfbe32a62e334d90c8bbbf57e.png

image.png

BR thankfully has left us. On reflection I think he got the benefit of Puels squad. As time went on the squad became weaker and demoralised. We should have got in the Champions League at least once. We did win the FA cup, which I never thought I would see. We now have had a refresh after relegation and let hope for better days ahead. At the end of the day we as fans want to be entertained and have a team that cares, competes and has some character. 

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Brendan Rodgers football summed up in one photo below. Even if they had 'genuine quality' it doesnt matter if you play windscreen wiper football.

image.thumb.png.8139527bfbe32a62e334d90c8bbbf57e.png

image.png

Windscreen wiper has actually caught me off guard here lol

But completely accurate, so little forward movement or passing. Hoping people now begin to realise how much of a poor tactical manager BR is 

• Like 1