Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

Carabao Cup QF Draw - 22.12.2022

It’s a decent tie, both teams will fancy their chances of winning. With Man City and Utd both looking like they should comfortably progress, it will become a tough competition to win. 
Bit if we can get past Newcastle and get Forest or Wolves in the semi - then I’d fancy us to make the final then who knows in a one off game.

• Like 1

Newcastle are currently a top 4 team for a reason. They're quite good. But not that good that we should be terrified of them..I'd rather play Newcastle than Man Utd despite the difference in league positions.

2 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

It's mental how much everyone ne on here wants to suck off the Geordies, they have had a good run recently but so have we.... It's embarrassing reading some of these lot 

I have a hunch that we'll lose to them on boxing day and win in the cup. I have no evidence for this of course, just pulling it out of my arse.

• Haha 1

We have a decent recent record up there (despite last season’s horror show). Yeah, it’s more of a challenge these days with what Newcastle have become, but they’ll be looking at our away form of late and fretting a bit, I imagine. And in any case they only just sneaked past Bournemouth.

At the moment I’d say they are only marginal favourites to progress… though of course that could change either way depending on what happens on Boxing Day.

2 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

That's what I'm hoping for also. 

Looking at the schedule there will be a Thursday game.. with United and city kicking off at 12.30 on the Saturday that’ll rule them out, so either this match or wolves/Forest might draw the short straw.. 

3 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Looking at the schedule there will be a Thursday game.. with United and city kicking off at 12.30 on the Saturday that’ll rule them out, so either this match or wolves/Forest might draw the short straw.. 

not sure a Thursday game will be required. Fulham v Chelsea already on tv that night  

7 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

Man City has to be Wednesday as they play FA Cup on the Sunday.

The others could be any day really but I think there will be 2 Tuesday and then 2 Wednesday.

TV Fixtures should really be Forest vs Wolves and Man U vs Charlton, from an interesting match perspective. I reckon it will be:

Newcastle vs Leicester 19:45 Tuesday 10th

Man U vs Charlton 20:00 Tuesday 10th (SKY)

Forest vs Wolves 19:45 Wednesday 11th

Southampton vs Man City 20:00 Wednesday 11th (SKY)

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Will go to members (maybe booking history if the club fancy doing that).

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I think the days of general sale are gone unless its a home cup game with 10k seats left.

Thanks, ticket news section of the forum it is then!

2 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Guessing this is to be played on the Tuesday or Wednesday. Trust my boss to book me onto a first aid course on these dates :mad: Thursday would be a dream but I doubt it with forest on the Saturday.. 

In South Shields.

Result!

• Haha 1