Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KrefelderFox666

Carabao Cup QF Draw - 22.12.2022

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Man City has to be Wednesday as they play FA Cup on the Sunday.

The others could be any day really but I think there will be 2 Tuesday and then 2 Wednesday.

TV Fixtures should really be Forest vs Wolves and Man U vs Charlton, from an interesting match perspective. I reckon it will be:

Newcastle vs Leicester 19:45 Tuesday 10th

Man U vs Charlton 20:00 Tuesday 10th (SKY)

Forest vs Wolves 19:45 Wednesday 11th

Southampton vs Man City 20:00 Wednesday 11th (SKY)

Amazing that only 2 of the quarter finals will be live on tv. Surely all 4 could be on?

Over here we had all 8 games in the last round live on Bein Sports and will get all 4 quarters. 
Is there a reason Sky don’t or can’t show the other two games?

2 hours ago, Lcfc098 said:

Actually don't mind the draw as much as others tbh. Think it's better than drawing Man U/City and taking 7000 day trippers. Rather have 3000 who will contribute. Charlton away would have been nice however

I just knew when the Man U draw came out that they would get Charlton. It just couldn't of been us or the likes of Southampton, could it?

3 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

I just knew when the Man U draw came out that they would get Charlton. It just couldn't of been us or the likes of Southampton, could it?

Yep but not too worried about drawing the harder teams anyway. Dont forget we beat Man U and Chelsea on our way to the FA cup. Beating good sides is what winning trophies is all about

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pity the SF line up is guaranteed some garbage, ie the red filth or wolves. Hopefully wolves can recreate Wembley 1980, goalkeeping howler, Andy Gray, Emlyn Hughes and numerous moustachioed players I've forgetting the name of (Kenny hibbet?)

(****, I'm getting old, boring people on here with long forgotten players. But like I get bored with 1960s and 70s stories of unseen players like Jon sammels Davie Gibson and ken leek)

I'm pretty sure we'll be on Sky... not because of us but because of 'Newcastle going for a trophy' and their current form etc.

I think they'll do Tuesday, Weds and Thurs televised and it'll just be one game that doesn't get shown.

57 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Amazing that only 2 of the quarter finals will be live on tv. Surely all 4 could be on?

Over here we had all 8 games in the last round live on Bein Sports and will get all 4 quarters. 

They will be too busy trying to get their act together to cover the semi final draw, if yesterday's delay is anything to go by.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

If they want to televise more games that have to pay more money. For cup games they only need up to half the slots as that covers the big teams. They aren’t  going to pay to televise garbage like Charlton v Brighton or soton v Lincoln which won’t do many viewers 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Would've sooner got Man City as it will be the last chance they'd be just about beatable. 

Doubt we'd do them over 2 legs and they'd be full strength for the final

Really? Man City are the strongest team in the competition, with our without some first team players. Pep always goes as strong as possible too. We just needed to avoid them, it's just a shame it wasn't drawn as a Manchester derby.

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t think anyone is scared of them, it’s just a shit draw. Away to a decent side and it’s a bastard to get to. 

Literally this, think the fact it's the long trip too. It just could've been much better. But so be it - it isn't unwinnable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

I find it extra annoying when you draw a team in the cup so close to the same league fixture. 

I can't back this up with much evidence at all and it's totally on a whim but I feel like we often draw a side in the cup around the time we play them in the league, as in, the draw itself rather than the cup game.

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I don’t think we take much more than a 1000 there. We are not a club with a culture of buses and with it being so far, no trains, sandwiched between so many games and cost of living I think it will be low numbers.

Yeah, totally agree. 

Gillingham is a new ground for a lot of people, forest is forest. Both much more appealing even more so when this is a Tuesday night.