Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (H) - Match Thread - 26/12/2022

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I don't know why anybody is remotely surprised! This is us under Rodgers in a nutshell

How's he meant to stop Amartey making a dippy challenge in his own box is the first 2 mins?

I'm not a Rodgers fan but there's not much he could do here. Soumare, Amartey and Daka were in form before the World Cup break. Ita not his fault none of them switched on today. Thomas is 4th choice and Madders is injured whilst his direct replacement got injured 15 minutes in.

If we go on to concede a few more then fair enough, it's all on Rodgers :D

I expect us to show some character now though.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

They’re no as good as being made out to be, sorry. Don’t know why it’s different to when we shot up the table and the pundits couldn’t wait for it to drop off. Maybe because they’ll make media money off these cvnts for years to come? 

No there not as good as people are making out but they are definitely not bang average 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, foxfanazer said:

It shouldn't be accepted 

Like England mate, the usual suspects will just accept it, argue that Amartey et al are ‘good enough’ and that we’ll be ok next week (tournament).

The acceptance of mediocrity in this country at the moment is astounding.

THAT was a fookin disgrace.

They need to do something second half 

Just now, Bryn said:

That is actually a stonewall penalty on Daka.

Looked like it to me. From the replay pope clips Dakas feet, and makes no attempt to get the ball. Daka made it look soft, but I think pope has been really lucky there.