Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (H) - Match Thread - 26/12/2022

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Yet people said Newcastle weren't very good and we should be confident, I'm confused.

To be honest, I didn’t expect we would be this bad. Not a great season but this is possibly the worst performance yet 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

How's he meant to stop Amartey making a dippy challenge in his own box is the first 2 mins?

I'm not a Rodgers fan but there's not much he could do here. Soumare, Amartey and Daka were in form before the World Cup break. Ita not his fault none of them switched on today. Thomas is 4th choice and Madders is injured whilst his direct replacement got injured 15 minutes in.

If we go on to concede a few more then fair enough, it's all on Rodgers :D

I expect us to show some character now though.

By doing the correct thing and not playing him at all

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Just tuned in. It looks like Ward must have brought back his Wales form. The season reloaded, 20+ goals incoming in the next 6 games. Wondering if I should go do something else with the rest of the afternoon.

I'd find something to occupy your mind for the next 5 months bud.

5 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

How's he meant to stop Amartey making a dippy challenge in his own box is the first 2 mins?

I'm not a Rodgers fan but there's not much he could do here. Soumare, Amartey and Daka were in form before the World Cup break. Ita not his fault none of them switched on today. Thomas is 4th choice and Madders is injured whilst his direct replacement got injured 15 minutes in.

If we go on to concede a few more then fair enough, it's all on Rodgers :D

I expect us to show some character now though.

Bored of hearing its not his fault. Its his job to coach and motivate the players. What are we paying him for if his impact is minimal?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I think Daka could go on to be a pretty good bottom half PL 13-goals-a-season striker in the vain of an Ollie Watkins or a Jordan Ayew if he reaches his potential. But I can’t see him ever being the Vardy replacement really. 

Agreed.  Unfortunately for a club of our size and spending power Vardy is irreplaceable.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

I think Daka could go on to be a pretty good bottom half PL 13-goals-a-season striker in the vain of an Ollie Watkins or a Jordan Ayew if he reaches his potential. But I can’t see him ever being the Vardy replacement really. 

There's no Vardy replacement. You can't replace like this a legend, a world class striker. 

• Thanks 1