Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (H) - Match Thread - 26/12/2022

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Not sure that's right? If defenders encroach but the penalty is scored, they should ignore it, likewise if attackers encroach but it's saved or missed. But otherwise it should be retaken.

But they seemed to pay attention to this rule for about a fortnight and have now forgotten about it.

Nope. It’s like the offside rule, it only matters if the encroachee gains an advantage I.e. if the defender who has encroached clears a saved ball or an attacker who encroached scores a rebound.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Lots of short pointless passing, this is all on Rodgers. He’s had too long with them and he’s resorted back to his philosophy. 

I’ve no issue with it, if we retain the ball and look to pull the opposition out of shape. 

We don’t through. 

We’re woeful. 

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

How do people not get this, it's not encroachment if the ball ends up in the back of the net.

If the goalie saves it and it ends up at the feet of one of those players then it is encroachment. 

Should surely be retaken regardless, as I imagine it catches a keepers attention.

Just now, Sampson said:

Nope. It’s like the offside rule, it only matters if the encroachee gains an advantage

Their team do gain an advantage if they score.

This is the IFAB rule on it:

If, before the ball is in play, one of the following occurs:

• the player taking the penalty kick or a team-mate offends:

• if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken