Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (H) - Match Thread - 26/12/2022

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Genuinely can't stand these Geordie *****. Bit of oil money in their pockets and they think they're Man City. Get back to obscurity. 

Well, they will be won’t they. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

What subs could he make we had 9 on the bench 5 of which are defensive and 1 whose  past his sell by date . Perez had already had to come on 

I'm not a manager nor do I claim to be a tactical genius.  But it's clear Brendan struggles to affect games, he's not a brave manager.  God knows push two up front earlier.  Get Soumare off who was having a mare and send a message with that the performance overall was unacceptable. 

Don't get me wrong we have been comprehensively outplayed but at no point did we look like having a go.

2 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Said it to my brother this morning Daka will be a big player for us second half of the season.

I’ve never been right about anything football related.

Well the run may continue but Rodgers is a very good manager and will be here for a long time to come :fc:

43 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Not sure that's right? If defenders encroach but the penalty is scored, they should ignore it, likewise if attackers encroach but it's saved or missed. But otherwise it should be retaken.

But they seemed to pay attention to this rule for about a fortnight and have now forgotten about it.

Encroachment is really only a thing if you gain an advantage from it 

if the ball goes in or misses then there is no advantage so it’s ignored - if you become involved in the aftermath of a save or the post/bar being struck then it matters.