Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I think he needs to find a big mirror to look at because he's the Manager who's responsible for getting them 'up' for the game and if they aren't maybe, just maybe he and his coaching team are the problem.

Perhaps he has his own big mirror in the dressing room

"Brendan Rodgers left fuming in Leicester dressing room as Newcastle make another statement and was understandably 'not happy' in the Leicester City dressing room after Newcastle United put his side to the sword in the Foxes' own backyard."

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

It’s pretty bleak isn’t it? I can’t see Tielemans or Maddison here next season, then where does that leave us? We’ve got so much mediocrity in this team being bailed out by moments of quality from those two or Barnes. 

Tielemans, Praet and Soumare all wanted to leave in the summer, yet all found themselves in the starting XI today, with one of them being captain. It’s no wonder we’re so poor. 

Add to that, the whole feeling around the stadium. I knew the atmosphere would rotten today. Of course it was bound to be given the score, but it was at Milton Keynes too. Our fans are pretty vocal on twitter, yet absolutely timid in the stands. As soon as they got the penalty, it’s like the whole place just gave up. The Kop all sat gormless behind the goal for the penalty. If that was Newcastle they’d be doing everything to try and put our taker off. L1 is a joke now too. 

The whole thing needs a serious lift. 

The team and atmosphere are a reflection of the entitled half-hearted boring manager.

We need to change one thing and the rest will fall into place with a passionate manager that wants to be LCFC manager 

19 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

The team and atmosphere are a reflection of the entitled half-hearted boring manager.

We need to change one thing and the rest will fall into place with a passionate manager that wants to be LCFC manager 

They won’t.

You either want to sing or you don’t is purely effort. Most didn't sing anything until ‘60 years and you’ve won **** all’ around the 70th minute mark yesterday. They could have joined in with those that were singing but choose not to. Thats not on the manager.

Just watching the game now and Newcastle just scored the 3rd.

My summary so far is every goal is so soft and we gifted them the game. Up until their third we should have scored, Daka missed his chance and there were two clear opportunities for Barnes to be played in but unforgivably missed then a corner for their third and I ain’t got a clue what Tielemans and Soumare were doing but it was pathetic!

3 horrendous goals given away! It’s a shame because we ain’t been playing that badly but you can’t gift teams goals like that.

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Soumare for that header. He looked about as interested as a statue. Then ducked. Sweet Jesus that summed our day up.

Tielemans was even more embarrassing, he was meant to block him but fell over like a pansy after a little push and then just stood gormless in no man’s land.

These are meant to be our CM’s but looked like a Pair of fairies 🧚‍♀️ 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jmono84 said:

Tielemans was even more embarrassing, he was meant to block him but fell over like a pansy after a little push and then just stood gormless in no man’s land.

These are meant to be our CM’s but looked like a Pair of fairies 🧚‍♀️ 

Yeah agreed. 

Two absolutely terrible passages of play inside the first minute set the tone. Absolutely embarrassing. 

• Like 1

This is the thing about Brendan’s teams they always have that kind of embarrassing performance in them …

Relegation-bound Bournemouth (managed by Howe at the time), Newcastle more than once , several Spurs matches, Napoli a, Roma a, Legia Warsaw at home, Brighton this season, several West Ham encounters…Forest away in the Cup. 

The common thread? Witless, spineless performances during which the players seemed not to care whether they won or whether they took a humiliating spanking - home or away, no matter the competition, no matter the players sekected or the formation adopted …just an utter failure to turn up to play a competitive football match and the complete absence of any determination to win it…

Edited by smudgerfox
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

This is the thing about Brendan’s teams they always have that kind of embarrassing performance in them …

Relegation-bound Bournemouth (managed by Howe at the time), Newcastle more than once , several Spurs matches, Napoli a, Roma a, Legia Warsaw at home, Brighton this season, several West Ham encounters…Forest away in the Cup. 

The common thread? Witless, spineless performances during which the players seemed not to care whether they won or whether they took a humiliating spanking - home or away, no matter the competition, no matter the players sekected or the formation adopted …just an utter failure to turn up to play a competitive football match and the complete absence of any determination to win it…

Absolutely this. I couldn’t agree more. 

Sometimes you can turn up and just tell by the warm up that we’re going to lose. And I think it’s down to Brendan’s lack of tactical flexibility and ability to trust his team. 

For a manager who bases his game on possession, we can be one of the worst sides you’ve ever seen out of possession of the ball. Static, slow and completely predictable. 

Just watched the game and I think we’re being harsh on a lot of our players. For large parts of that game we did well but we should have created better chances.

All of their goals came from our terrible defending and other than that Ward had nothing to do.

Not as bad as I thought we would have looked seeing the score line yesterday but you don’t deserve anything if you concede those goals we did.

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

I thought the ref was appalling yday. He knew Newcastle were a level ahead in that game and thus decided that every 50/50 should probably go their way. It’s what the refs do in all the big 6 games when they’re winning. It’s like something unintentional but intrinsic that because of the quality of the team, they deserve more decisions. 

This is extremely common in rugby, the phrase "getting the ref on your side" particularly at scrums is commonplace!

It's bizarre, but also human nature for a ref to see the same team infringe a few times and then in a 50/50 assume its the same again.

In rugby mouthing off virtually ensures the ref will favour the opposition but in football it seems to be the exact opposite for whatever reason (Liverpool, United etc.etc).

Clever players in both sports know how to talk to refs (or like Henderson scream, shout and gesticulate).

Our lack of fight and passion is reflected in the refs decisions IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what the stats are on how many goals are scored from mistakes whilst passing it out from the goalkeeper...just seems so many goals are conceded that way.

but then what % of times does a long goal kick reach its target? A lot of the time hoofing it is just giving up possession

Guest Col city fan

Don’t know where to post this, but just had a splendid afternoon’s football watching Coalville Town. It was a tad nippy tbf, but coffee, burgers and good, honest football made it worth it. 
Really good game. Coalville beating the battling Barwell by 3-2.

Made me realise again just how far removed modern day, top flight football has become the normal working man. And when I see a side like Leicester bottling it like they did yesterday, how I’m not as bothered as I would have been when I was watching City under the likes of Little and ONeill.

Christ it’s all so sanitised these days. Literally the whole thing is about money in the top flight.

2 hours ago, J. James said:

This is extremely common in rugby, the phrase "getting the ref on your side" particularly at scrums is commonplace!

It's bizarre, but also human nature for a ref to see the same team infringe a few times and then in a 50/50 assume its the same again.

In rugby mouthing off virtually ensures the ref will favour the opposition but in football it seems to be the exact opposite for whatever reason (Liverpool, United etc.etc).

Clever players in both sports know how to talk to refs (or like Henderson scream, shout and gesticulate).

Our lack of fight and passion is reflected in the refs decisions IMO.

100% this. And it’s something we seem particularly poor at currently. 

48 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Don’t know where to post this, but just had a splendid afternoon’s football watching Coalville Town. It was a tad nippy tbf, but coffee, burgers and good, honest football made it worth it. 
Really good game. Coalville beating the battling Barwell by 3-2.

Made me realise again just how far removed modern day, top flight football has become the normal working man. And when I see a side like Leicester bottling it like they did yesterday, how I’m not as bothered as I would have been when I was watching City under the likes of Little and ONeill.

Christ it’s all so sanitised these days. Literally the whole thing is about money in the top flight.

Similar story for myself, I live a few miles south now so I sold my Newcastle ticket on the LCFC exchange and went to see Brackley v Banbury game instead.

Great afternoon out, over a 1000 in attendance, came back after the lunch time KO and watched our game on Prime but did not regret my decision one bit even before we conceded! 

I miss 1990s football at Leicester, they were superb days when the club was part of the community.

Edited by FoxesFan#1
  • Like 1