Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 0-3 Newcastle - Post-Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
55 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Not one bad game is it? His debut we conceed 6. Bournemouth away and now today. The way he was heading it down to their attackers instead of heading it clear is not good enough for a club raising ticket prices. 

Don't get me wrong I think he's been good since signing overall but today he shouldn't escape flack because he was good 5 weeks ago. 

Jesus! And people have a pop at home for posting about Amartey!

That last sentence… fooks sake! 😟

55 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Not one bad game is it? His debut we conceed 6. Bournemouth away and now today. The way he was heading it down to their attackers instead of heading it clear is not good enough for a club raising ticket prices. 

Don't get me wrong I think he's been good since signing overall but today he shouldn't escape flack because he was good 5 weeks ago. 

Example of wout being rubbish....his debut but 6 goals (then mostly brilliant) now a second bad game, well done @Eskay mate you found him out. What a charlatan, to think he must have been pretending to be good since that 6 niller wow. 

6 minutes ago, Heskey2011 said:

Example of wout being rubbish....his debut but 6 goals (then mostly brilliant) now a second bad game, well done @Eskay mate you found him out. What a charlatan, to think he must have been pretending to be good since that 6 niller wow. 

Did you watch the Bournemouth game? 

My point isn't about him personally. It's about our fan base who slag off someone like tilemans who won us an fa cup and for some reason today one of the worst performers gets away with it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Did you watch the Bournemouth game? 

My point isn't about him personally. It's about our fan base who slag off someone like tilemans who won us an fa cup and for some reason today one of the worst performers gets away with it 

As well as him giving the ball away twice in 10 seconds which lead to Amartey having to make the tackle that gave away the pen. No one else has mentioned that. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shola_23 said:

As a newcastle fan, some of these comments are surprising - saying Pope is the only player who would get in the Leicester team, would have won if maddison was playing etc.. hear this a lot from other teams fans, usually after a 2-3 nil defeat, our players cant be that bad. I'm sure if you asked most neutrals who they would pick in a mixed 11, it would be majority Newcastle players.

Leicester have a Core of good players who, if they turn up on he same day, can trouble any team. As a fan said earlier in the thread, games like today are common for a mid table team. We spent years in the 14th-18th bracket - seasons where you get a few memorable wins, a lot of bore draws, and quite a few like today, are pretty common. It's more to do with the state of english football, where so much money, and therefore good players, are concentrated st the top 5/6 clubs, and for everyone elses its hoping for mid table and a decent cup run.

Good  luck with the rest of the season

Anyone watching that 90 and wanting a Leicester player over a Newcastle one has serious issues. 

I remember when Leicester players tried, at the very least. 

The thing that does it for me is the way we collapse. So many times. It’s not the defeat. We lost to Man City before the break, they out played us for 75/80 minutes but we were organised, committed and had application. I didn’t mind the defeat. It happens.

Tell me, honestly, when we gave away that penalty how many of you thought it’s ok, it’s early, this will get us going. Or did you, like me think, hope there’s enough Vaseline because we are about to be fooked ? We expect this now. This cowardice of our players. The manager, his staff. That ****ing idiot was stood there 3-0 down at half time and makes a straight swap for Daka - keeping the same failing system. 

There just isn’t any fight anymore. We give up and that’s it. Even with a midfield of Jarrett, Bell and Harper who were shit we still had some pride. Trippier could’ve been shagging Tielemans mrs in the centre circle and it still wouldn’t have motivated him. Replace Tielemans with any of the players today and it’s the same result. 

Honestly, after few years of being sad at losing certain players or a manager, apart from Maddison, I couldn’t care less who went. These random collapses where they all lose their bottle and heads is just unacceptable. 

• Like 3

What a complete shit show. 

The defence is a complete mess. Desperately need a centre half and left back in Jan. 

Danny ward looked all over the place

Tielemans couldn't run and gave the ball away every time he got it. 

Soumare is garbage. Ndidi and Mendy would both do a better job.

KDH miles off it

The whole lot of them lacked a fighting spirit and showed little interest. 

The 10 million quid a year manager wrote pages and pages of notes in his little book and did very little to change things. Like for like subs again. 

And that Singha lager is the worst lager ever produced. 

Shortbread biscuit thing wasn't bad though. 

• Like 1

Let’s see how we do over the next 5 or so games and not 5 selected games that prove points (to the good or the bad)

We were woeful today, no two ways about it and it adds to my growing belief that we are going to go through about 3-5 difficult transitional years, years where we just have to stay in the league.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Let’s see how we do over the next 5 or so games and not 5 selected games that prove points (to the good or the bad)

We were woeful today, no two ways about it and it adds to my growing belief that we are going to go through about 3-5 difficult transitional years, years where we just have to stay in the league.

We have so many players out of contract in the summer and the best links to other players we have are Jeremie Boga and Michael Keane.

If its not this season its next season, we are toast as a club. The money and ambition are all gone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

We have so many players out of contract in the summer and the best links to other players we have are Jeremie Boga and Michael Keane.

If its not this season its next season, we are toast as a club. The money and ambition are all gone. 

We are not inevitable toast, but we do however face an extremely difficult period of elongated transition. This is why we must fight to stay in the league during this transition as we have to have the PL revenue and even better if we can grow more external revenue along with selling from the developing academy production line, but this takes time.

Tough uncertain times ahead I imagine, but tough times can produce the highest highs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shola_23 said:

As a newcastle fan

. It's more to do with the state of english football, where so much money, and therefore good players, are concentrated st the top 5/6 clubs, and for everyone elses its hoping for mid table and a decent cup run.

That you’ve now blown past because you sold your soul. Odd commentary. 

• Like 1

Cant help but think the slight improvement in form before the world cup was just a fluke. We are absolutely no better than we were at the start of the season. We are quite literally the most clueless team. No desire to actually win whatsoever.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They pressed intelligently and it looked like they’d worked us out before the game 

we, on the other hand,  looked like we’d never seen their pressing game before …

woeful on every level …..

missing kolo …..

Absolutely bang on. One team look like they’d actually worked on how to find a weakness in our pressing shape whilst the other did the same old week after week errors. 

We virtually play 4-4-2 out of possession - KDH presses the second CB and Newcastle just played around that constantly to find their third midfielder in acres of space. If they had a proper left back today, we’d have been in real trouble. 

A quick word for the fans directly behind the goal in the "KOP" when then they had a penalty...... Pathetic

I've never seen such a weak reaction to an opposition peno in front on home fans in my entire life. 

Our fans are about as lazy and gutless as I've ever witnessed 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Utter crap… glad I left at half time as I’ve just had enough of this shite. Season ticket is getting sacked off next season, I’m done with it and glad to be.

Feel exactly the same. So sad really as I never thought the day would come that I didn't enjoy it anymore and would consider giving up my season ticket that I've had since the Filbert Street days.

The level of today's performance was totally unacceptable compared to where we should be at.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Cant help but think the slight improvement in form before the world cup was just a fluke. We are absolutely no better than we were at the start of the season. We are quite literally the most clueless team. No desire to actually win whatsoever.

Think you are being a little unbalanced, as the improvement before the WC was more than slight and we need a few more games to judge the scale of the horror post resumption,  it I know it’s understandable to be so reactive on match day.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Think you are being a little unbalanced, as the improvement before the WC was more than slight and we need a few more games to judge the scale of the horror post resumption,  it I know it’s understandable to be so reactive on match day.

It’s told us we are certainly in that bottom half group now more than anything. Going to spend the season looking more down rather than up giving we haven’t beaten a team currently sitting in the top ten after nearly half of it done.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Feel exactly the same. So sad really as I never thought the day would come that I didn't enjoy it anymore and would consider giving up my season ticket that I've had since the Filbert Street days.

The level of today's performance was totally unacceptable compared to where we should be at.

Yep. 

Already decided I'm not renewing next season. 

I'm bored senseless by this current approach to top flight football in this country. 

Everything about the match day experience once within 200 yards of the ground is utterly abysmal 

Edited by Lako42
  • Like 2

For reasons we can speculate on, the WC break did us no favours. Quality of the opposition aside, before the break, we had some momentum and certainly confidence. Ward and the two centre backs were prime examples. Today, it was just like starting this season over again. We need to get back up and running again. I think we can. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1